Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The wheels are falling off....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    The LSU game was smoke and mirrors. No one should be using that as a measuring stick of success. We all knew LSU wouldn't be the juggernaut they were a year ago but no one knew they'd be garbage and 2-3.
    I don't care who they lost ... they have out recruited us for decades - they may have a bad record this year but they do have better talent than us as always .... we just had a better game plan than they did which is incredibly surprising
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How bout vandy? We had 204 total yards vs them. Are they more talented than us? We haven't broke 300 yards of offense in a month. We haven't avg 4 yds/play in a month. In Moorhead's 26 games, he avg'd less than 4 yds/play in 2 games (Kentucky and Florida in 2018). Leach has done it 4 straight games
    I'll agree that our offensive production is trash. Heck it's downright boring to watch! Where we and most others on your side differ is that I believe that Leach does turn it around.

vCash
    The LSU game was smoke and mirrors. No one should be using that as a measuring stick of success. We all knew LSU wouldn't be the juggernaut they were a year ago but no one knew they'd be garbage and 2-3.
    Wasn't really smoke and mirrors. This offense is good against a man to man, blitzing team. We won't see that defense again until Leach is fired.

vCash
    I'll agree that our offensive production is trash. Heck it's downright boring to watch! Where we and most others on your side differ is that I believe that Leach does turn it around.
    Here is what you are missing - I hope he turns it around as well. As far as believing he will, I'm not sure I believe that just yet, i want to believe but so far he has shown me very little. The 3-8 is a problem. It was a problem when we hired him and now that teams are using it against us, it is still a problem, but that is irrelevant to the point most of us are trying to make.

I want us to stop making up excuses for Leach. He is failing because his offense is failing. That's it. Now - you can blame bad fits with personnel - well that is on him. He is being paid to adjust. Same way Mullen took Relf and said I'm about to run this tough SOB about 25-30 times a game as opposed to trying to make him Chris Leak. Now - the problem with the argument that we don't have the personnel to be successful is that we actually were successful with this personnel against an SEC team - on the road. The only difference in that game and the other games we have played this season is one team blitzed and played man defense, the other teams have been playing a ton of 3-8. That is it. Hard to argue that LSU is less talented than Vandy, Arkansas and Kentucky on defense.

If you want to blame personnel - you have a hard time for explaining away the LSU game. In fact - its impossible. The difference is scheme, and that is not the players - its the coaches. That is what most of us that are critical of Leach understand - we do have players that can be competitive and score against SEC teams - we just have to adjust to a different defensive scheme that we are seeing and so far, we have not adjusted.

Instead of posters blaming the coaches, we have people on here claiming that our team is a bunch of lazy, spoiled, drug addicts. I think it is awful and pretty lazy by the posters. A lot of these kids have won multiple egg bowls, SEC games and done it the right way for a while. Now all of a sudden "they" are the problem.

Attitude reflects leadership. If our team has a poor attitude, there is a guy getting paid 5 million dollars who's job it is to lead this team.

vCash
    How bout vandy? We had 204 total yards vs them. Are they more talented than us? We haven't broke 300 yards of offense in a month. We haven't avg 4 yds/play in a month. In Moorhead's 26 games, he avg'd less than 4 yds/play in 2 games (Kentucky and Florida in 2018). Leach has done it 4 straight games

ETA... here's the 4 teams that have held us under 4 yds/play and their avg allowed per play:

Kentucky 5.04
    aTm 5.56
    Bama 5.41
    Vandy 7.03

No one else avg'd less than 6.7 per play vs vandy
    I think vandy kinda proves the point that it's not scheme and not sec defenses.

I mean, leach has dominated sucky defenses like vandy and ky (for 20 years with average offensive talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Wasn't really smoke and mirrors. This offense is good against a man to man, blitzing team. We won't see that defense again until Leach is fired.
    Bama played a lot of man and blitzed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Next year is a terrible schedule with Arky, Aub, and A&M on the road. At Auburn is a loss no matter what. Arkansas is likely a loss as is A&M....as well as LSU and Bama and possibly NC State.
    You need to find another team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OW...hannel=BadWolf

vCash
    Can't everyone just admit that Leach is being continuously out coached in every game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Amazing how many people don't get that coaches are to take what they have today and make the most of it. Last I checked we are still selling game tickets for this year and plan to next year. You don't get two exhibition years before it counts. When or lose, you are to be judged as a coach by how your unit performs based on what you were given to work with. Running so many players off that you can't field a team Is cost-prohibitive to the goal of winning.
    Please post how, "he," is running them off?

What is, "he<" doing to make them want to leave?

What are the coaches and players doing at practice? What is the problem?

Please elaborate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    "The this won't work mantra is so overplayed by some of our fans. Get better players in and I guarantee you that any offense will work better- even in the SEC.

Even the great Dan Mullen lost some guys."
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    Couple things Todd, I have seen many football seasons at Msu, seen many Coaches come and go, But I can tell you I hope in at least your Lifetime, "we" will see another Coach as good as Dan MUllen was for Msu. Regardless of anyone's take including mine, history says DM was the best or at least one of the very best we have ever had. 9 years is a lifetime now days for any Coach to stay at one place, money and pressure plus being in the Sec which fans are way more impatient than most places in the country with football.

Also, I hope Leach is "regrouping", yes it takes players but his play calling needs to be "retooled", time will tell in the next few years. Hard to catch up to the say top tier schools in the Sec.

Not sure finishing this year will help Leach or the fan base, it's one of my most disappointing seasons ever, mainly from all the post about how great Leach will be before the season. What a terrible adjustments regardless of the players on offense, no imagination, big surprise for me.
    I believe Mullen is a very good coach. Nine years. Five of those nine years he was trying to leave after the Bama game and even though we won some of those games it was crap every year after the Bama game. And we looked like crap in some of those games. He would have been a great coach here if he had wanted to be here IMHO,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Bama played a lot of man and blitzed
    no they didn't. saban even said in the postgame that he changed his philosphy against us and put in a different D against Leach in the preseason based on what Washington ran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Can't everyone just admit that Leach is being continuously out coached in every game.
    It's unreal. They can't admit it. There's no point arguing with people on the internet. I don't know why I do.

vCash
    On the average, what % of the time should 5 SEC OL be able to block 3 SEC DL?

If a team is running 3- 8 and you have a QB like say, Fran Tarkenton who wants to throw the ball not run it, the QB should be able to have almost all the time in the world for receivers to get open, all over the place against 8 defenders.

Block 3 hold the ball and hit open receivers long, medium and short.

It is in the QB's mind and hand, to beat the 3-8, if 5 can block 3, 85% of te time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    On the average, what % of the time should 5 SEC OL be able to block 3 SEC DL?

If a team is running 3- 8 and you have a QB like say, Fran Tarkenton who wants to throw the ball not run it, the QB should be able to have almost all the time in the world for receivers to get open, all over the place against 8 defenders.

Block 3 hold the ball and hit open receivers long, medium and short.

It is in the QB's mind and hand, to beat the 3-8, if 5 can block 3, 85% of te time.
    But when the DEs split out really wide, it's really 1v1, 1v1, and 1vs3, right?

vCash
    Yep. We negate our 5 v. 3 advantage with the wide splits.

vCash
    No. Not if you have guards who can move their feet, head on a swivel, and are smart (I'm not saying our guards aren't smart, but they are slow and not alert; they are lost). Plus, cross is usually fine on an island even against a 9 tech.
    Last edited by confucius say; 11-16-2020 at 06:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    no they didn't. saban even said in the postgame that he changed his philosphy against us and put in a different D against Leach in the preseason based on what Washington ran.
    Go watch the film. They did pattern match on third down some like Saban always does, but they played a lot of man. Remember that 21 yard run by marks? That was against man.

vCash
    No. Not if you have guards who can move their feet, head on a swivel, and are smart (I'm not saying our guards aren't smart, but they are slow and not alert; they are lost).
    If you have a guard that moves that far to help, you'll see a lb blitz the next play

vCash
    Go watch the film. They did pattern match on third down some like Saban always does, but they played a lot of man. Remember that 21 yard run by marks? That was against man.
    If you think Bama ran anything similar against us that LSU did, I can't help you.

vCash
    If you have a guard that moves that far to help, you'll see a lb blitz the next play
    Yep