Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The wheels are falling off....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And yet, 632 yards and 44 points vs in game 1 before Arkansas handed out the book.
    We caught LSU cold coming off their Natty, they suck, they played man D, but they still got pressure quite a bit. I knew then our Oline might struggle against some teams this year. Our center was really struggling some that day a good bit.

Reads for 8 man zone for QB & WRs to be on same page are much more intricate than man. Need lots of practice. I'm just suggesting to hang tough and give it some time before we try to change Leach or what he's doing. This ain't his 1st rodeo.

As for leadership, he must have something going for him for all the coaches to follow him around and wanna coach for him. Spurrier Jr at a minimum could probably work anywhere in country he wants to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    People would rather we lose games than admit that Leach's system may have pretty big problem.

Its bizarre.
    May have a problem and does have a problem are two different things. We'll find out next year and the year after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Let's see- Moorhead comes to us as an offensive guru at Penn State, struggles here and now his offense is good again at Oregon.

Leach is an offensive guru who did well at Wazzu and struggles here in year one.

Maybe it's not them.**
    Maybe but lots of holes in your logic.

We were not terrible on O the past however many years until Joe and Leach so maybe it is them. We have never been this bad on O so is it MSU or coach?

Neither of those coaches have been HC in SEC either so that has some merit as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    and last time I checked he was still getting 5M year to try and win football games, meaning putting his players in the best position to win now not three years from now
    Nailed it. If it takes that long then we are basically paying 15 mil a year to win 7 games in year 3. What a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    agree with this. that first game we didn't have those issues. the issues started after they figured us out and everyone started getting frustrated and then leach takes it out on the boys for getting frustrated and voicing their opinions. the problem here is that the SEC figured Leach out real fast had success and Leach hasn't adapted the offense in any form to help his team be successful. players get naturally frustrated with that. They voice their opinions which they shouldn't since they are the players. we can do that as fans. but leach is already telling some of us off for criticizing him. That worked out great for the last guy right? i don't think he should be fired yet because he has a track record, but every school and conference is different and there are a lot of variables.
    I'm of the same opinion ... I think that the players saw how Leach was going to operate early on and we lost two defensive starters before the season even began (who blamed it on a stupid tweet that wasn't bad at all) ... I think we lost the true malcontents before the LSU game and we were all supportive of Leach at the time .... now I think this has morphed into a different kind of discontentment - one of frustration- by the players and fans as well. It's borne from frustration as they are taking 100% of the blame with little or no apparent blame going to their #1 leader the HC himself. If Leach doesn't adapt to SEC defenses he at least better adapt to SEC player ego somewhat - I'm not saying give them the keys to the car but he could soften somewhat .... I think this frustration is what got K Hill and some others ..... You just can't label this many as malcontent - there has to be a reason not named JoMo
    I think Mullen understood this and this might be why he wore those stupid ass shoes sometimes ... point remains that after leaving the house / parents for the first time in their young lives the next logical place to look for leadership-insight-advice- or whatever - would naturally be their head coach and they seem to be running into a marine drill sergeant ...... and for all you hard asses about to wail away at me - this isn't boot camp
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 11-16-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    People would rather we lose games than admit that Leach's system may have pretty big problem.

Its bizarre.
    You, 7, 77, 28, Hoops, 34, and others are rabid anti leachers and have been for as long as I can remember. I'm sure you guys literally salivate at having more excuses by the day to throw the man with a proven track record under the bus. Ignore the fact he didn't have a spring, summer, and limited fall to install his offense; which btw is plenty different than first year coaches at other schools because his offense is drastically different and akin to bringing the triple option in without a practice. The obvious issues this team has had with players that want to be babied and allowed to run the show has been a huge problem. Anyone with a brain and any sympathy shouldn't want to fire a man 4 games into the season with the record Leach has under the circumstances he's given. I don't care if his salary is 5mil or 25mil no one knew the degree of difficulty this year and season would present. Leach will win here if given time to adequately install his system and bring in his players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm of the same opinion ... I think that the players saw how Leach was going to operate early on and we lost two defensive starters before the season even began (who blamed it on a stupid tweet that wasn't bad at all) ... I think we lost the true malcontents before the LSU game and we were all supportive of Leach at the time .... now I think this has morphed into a different kind of discontentment - one of frustration- by the players and fans as well. It's borne from frustration as they are taking 100% of the blame with little or no apparent blame going to their #1 leader the HC himself. If Leach doesn't adapt to SEC defenses he at least better adapt to SEC player ego somewhat - I'm not saying give them the keys to the car but he could soften somewhat .... I think this frustration is what got K Hill and some others ..... You just can't label this many as malcontent - there has to be a reason not named JoMo
    I think Mullen understood this and this might be why he wore those stupid ass shoes sometimes ... point remains that after leaving the house / parents for the first time in their young lives the next logical place to look for leadership-insight-advice- or whatever - would naturally be their head coach and they seem to be running into a marine drill sergeant ...... and for all you hard asses about to wail away at me - this isn't boot camp
    Yep, agree. The leader can hand out the tough talk but we the leader doesn't accept his own part of it, you have no credibility and you lose the organization or locker room. That is where we are, a real bad place to be because some change must happen at top with a different approach and attitude as well. Not saying fire him now, but he must show some adaptation. Adjust or go home - on both sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We caught LSU cold coming off their Natty, they suck, they played man D, but they still got pressure quite a bit. I knew then our Oline might struggle against some teams this year. Our center was really struggling some that day a good bit.

Reads for 8 man zone for QB & WRs to be on same page are much more intricate than man. Need lots of practice. I'm just suggesting to hang tough and give it some time before we try to change Leach or what he's doing. This ain't his 1st rodeo.

As for leadership, he must have something going for him for all the coaches to follow him around and wanna coach for him. Spurrier Jr at a minimum could probably work anywhere in country he wants to.
    We have no choice but to stick it out. I do think constantly attacking a 8 man zone defense with 5 receivers is gonna be tough though. If we can't run a team out of that, I think we will struggle to sustain drives

vCash
    All this Moorhead 'culture" excuse is just that - an excuse. A bogus one at that.

When the season started and we kicked the shit out of LSU - i didn't hear one person spouting this culture BS. It was the opposite, people praised the Leach Beach and how the team was so happy, focused and finally disciplined. Now that teams have watched Washington film, all of a sudden its culture, drugs, and laziness. So let me get this right, our team had a bad culture, were taking drugs and were lazy, yet worked hard enough during the summer to go into Baton Rouge in the first weekend of the year and kicked the shit out of the reigning National Champs - and then decided to stop trying because that is the culture Moorhead fostered? How does that make any sense?

That is the story we are telling?

As opposed to the story that the kids clearly worked hard enough to be ready to play in their first game, they played hard and ran into a DC that decided to blitz the air raid. After that, every team we have played has incorporated some version of the 3-8 and the offense has looked like dog shit. The defense has played as well or if not better than they did in the LSU game. So its just the offense that is infected with terrible, lazy, drug addicts?

I guess its a whole lot easier to call a bunch of kids that have worked their ass off for multiple years, won plenty of games for us, lazy drug addicts without any real proof, but all you are doing is making excuses for a guy being paid 5 million dollars a year to win games. That's it - that is all you are doing and I think a lot of our fans need to look in the mirror and realize what they are saying and posting because its pretty damn disgusting.
    This is the best post in the entire thread. All that needs to be said
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think Marks and Johnson will be good. It's kind of hard to make people miss when we won't let them get to the corner and get going. Marks has the ability to have some playmaker type runs if he could ever get into open field. It's hard to get in open field when they're the checkdown option on passes and we're running draws in the run game with a line that can't block.
    Oh I agree they will both be good.

vCash
    Articles like this concern me...

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/art...work-in-the-se

Jimmy lake saying he never had to make an adjustment to stop leach bc leach wouldn't adjust worries me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is the best post in the entire thread. All that needs to be said
    Says the person who more than anyone railed on joe's culture and the smoke from weed billowing through the halls of the hotel the night before TN last year.

Again, leach sucking and inheriting a huge culture problem are both things that can be true.

vCash
    We have no choice but to stick it out. I do think constantly attacking a 8 man zone defense with 5 receivers is gonna be tough though. If we can't run a team out of that, I think we will struggle to sustain drives
    You might be right. My point is tho that I don't think we can really tell for sure one way or the other right now. Too much flux in program with weeding out and whatnot, plus youth/experience/lack of talent on offensive side of ball. I get frustrated too. I just prefer settling out the base concepts with the team and getting them good at what Leach does 1st, then adjusting from there.

I don't think we've got the team really familiar enough and experienced enough with what Leach does yet. A true Fr QB has to come to LOS and make an audible (quite a bit in Leach's offense) into the right play call for what he's seeing. And the WRs have to be on same page with him.

No one else's offense runs quite like that (except maybe LSU last year and Clemson quite often). Saban always has a game manager has he not. Saban has philosophy (still) to control what offense does pretty tightly. New coaches in SEC are also like that. Kirby is like that too. Leach's QBs are more than game managers. At some point tho he may have to adjust down the road.

As far as coaches raising hell with players, I imagine Saban still does it as bad as Arnett did the other day cause Saban is about as bad as it gets from that standpoint. He may have toned it down a little, but I figure he can still go on some pretty good tirades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep, agree. The leader can hand out the tough talk but we the leader doesn't accept his own part of it, you have no credibility and you lose the organization or locker room. That is where we are, a real bad place to be because some change must happen at top with a different approach and attitude as well. Not saying fire him now, but he must show some adaptation. Adjust or go home - on both sides.
    Yes -- and when the "leader" demands accountability, but doesn't even work as hard/as many hours as Moorhead and Mullen, of course the players who saw those coaches will become "malcontents" when the offense doesn't work.

vCash
    Articles like this concern me...

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/art...work-in-the-se

Jimmy lake saying he never had to make an adjustment to stop leach bc leach wouldn't adjust worries me.
    There are "anonymous" coaches in SEC said same thing about Mullen too. One probably was Kirby. What just happened there? Took a damn good while tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Says the person who more than anyone railed on joe's culture and the smoke from weed billowing through the halls of the hotel the night before TN last year.

Again, leach sucking and inheriting a huge culture problem are both things that can be true.
    I tend to agree with C34 a good bit on football. Not so much this time around.

However, when he goes to a school and has a bad year it do seem to be talent related for some reason. When they're doing really well, it do tend to be offensive design/brilliance related. *****

Watch the blowback on this post *******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    There are "anonymous" coaches in SEC said same thing about Mullen too. One probably was Kirby. What just happened there? Took a damn good while tho.
    Jimmy lake wasn't anonymous though. He flat out said it

vCash
    Not a damn soul on this board knows how this will go the next couple years. You can have a opinion (guess what, we all question if it'll pan out) but you don't know. And by the way, we've lost at least 4 defensive players, so this isn't limited to offense. We're going to lose more on both sides. Next year won't see all the transfers but it'll be a struggle. Year three should see a jump (should). Does anyone like what John Cohen did here? Basically hitting the restart button? Hell no! But bitching about it everyday won't change a damn thing. The program has lacked direction since 2015.
    I don't expect to win another game this year. That's a damn shame! We had better talent than a two win team- If we were in a similar scheme as Mullen's. But, the restart was hit, so here we are.
    17 you John Cohen! 17 you! Even if it works out, we have to wait three damn years minimum, That's a shitty decision by a shitty AD.

vCash
    The LSU game was smoke and mirrors. No one should be using that as a measuring stick of success. We all knew LSU wouldn't be the juggernaut they were a year ago but no one knew they'd be garbage and 2-3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    The LSU game was smoke and mirrors. No one should be using that as a measuring stick of success. We all knew LSU wouldn't be the juggernaut they were a year ago but no one knew they'd be garbage and 2-3.
    How bout vandy? We had 204 total yards vs them. Are they more talented than us? We haven't broke 300 yards of offense in a month. We haven't avg 4 yds/play in a month. In Moorhead's 26 games, he avg'd less than 4 yds/play in 2 games (Kentucky and Florida in 2018). Leach has done it 4 straight games

ETA... here's the 4 teams that have held us under 4 yds/play and their avg allowed per play:

Kentucky 5.04
    aTm 5.56
    Bama 5.41
    Vandy 7.03

No one else avg'd less than 6.7 per play vs vandy
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-16-2020 at 02:42 PM.