Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The wheels are falling off....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Spring practice isn't the reason, it's an excuse. Other new SEC coaches with less experience didn't have Spring practice and are progressing just fine. Truthfully, he should have adapted easily with his tenure despite no Spring practices.
    What would you have done differently than Leach?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Do you consider Leach as a leader?
    He has been for 20 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Any insight on why we?ve had more trouble than other teams?
    Honestly, I think our team leaders saw their "leadership role" as some social responsibility to "challenge" the current leadership structure, which flies in the face of Leach's philosophy. It's just a bad fit short term. We're going to have to see a lot of turnover in players before we start to have success IMO. We're likely 2 years away from having a solid enough base to work with, but in the Covid post-2020 world anything is bound to happen.

Others will know more specifics about what's going on in the locker room, but it's clear that the lines have been drawn and too many people are standing on one side or the other instead working together.

vCash
    It appears we got about the worst combination of circumstances right now, team and coach. Leach can institute discipline and fix the culture without pushing the entire team out. He is making this a lot harder than it has to be. I know there are some good kids and good players on the team that don't need attitude adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post

By the way, are any of your coworkers parents to D1 football players?
    No

vCash
    This is going to be okay by next year, good in 2 years and great after that. I am thinking 6, then 8, then 9-10 wins in the next 3 years. Nothing a decent signing class and 10 grad transfers (or however many it takes) can’t fix.

No coach has done more with less at harder places than Leach. It has taken 2-3 years at both previous stops and it will again, apparently.

Are there ways he could make it easier on himself. No doubt. But he will get ‘his guys’ and get there in the end, as always. Fighting uphill as an underdog is his mode. I guess that is just the way it has to be.

vCash
    What would you have done differently than Leach?
    Adapt his air raid to the current rosters strengths. It ultimately would have been a more balanced offense. He could have gradually implemented more of what he wants. It's poor coaching to force a square peg into a round hole.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 11-15-2020 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Adapt his air raid to the current rosters strengths. It ultimately would have been a more balanced offense. He could have gradually implemented more of what he wants. It's poor coaching to force a square peg into a round hole.
    I don’t disagree with this.

What about from a work ethic, drugs, and standards standpoint?

vCash

You got me wanting to quit my job, and move to Starkville to sell hard drugs. Our team is nothing but hard core drug addicts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    This is going to be okay by next year, good in 2 years and great after that. I am thinking 6, then 8, then 9-10 wins in the next 3 years. Nothing a decent signing class and 10 grad transfers (or however many it takes) can’t fix.

No coach has done more with less at harder places than Leach. It has taken 2-3 years at both previous stops and it will again, apparently.

Are there ways he could make it easier on himself. No doubt. But he will get ‘his guys’ and get there in the end, as always. Fighting uphill as an underdog is his mode. I guess that is just the way it has to be.
    Wow ... amazing!

We'll be lucky to win 6 by the third year. And it takes a bit more than one "decent" signing class to have a team capable of winning 9-10 games in this conference.

vCash

The majority of these players leaving don't fall within your listed categories. They've worked hard, followed the standards, and have run into a brick wall with results. The coach can't provide answers he's instead blaming them. You'd get upset too. He's also too blame on whom he sends on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    It appears we got about the worst combination of circumstances right now, team and coach. Leach can institute discipline and fix the culture without pushing the entire team out. He is making this a lot harder than it has to be. I know there are some good kids and good players on the team that don't need attitude adjustments.
    He didn't make those kids smoke weed. He didn't make them quit or opt out. They all chose to. That's on the kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Wow ... amazing!

We'll be lucky to win 6 by the third year. And it takes a bit more than one "decent" signing class to have a team capable of winning 9-10 games in this conference.
    I am brave enough to put my opinion on the record. Guess we?ll see next few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He didn't make those kids smoke weed. He didn't make them quit or opt out. They all chose to. That's on the kid.
    The kids didn?t make him run an offense that apparently everyone except Bo Pelini has figured out. They didn?t make him refuse to adapt to the personnel that he was given. He chose to be stubborn. That?s on the coach being paid 5 million to win games this year, not in 3 years when he has ?his? players here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Hint: Leach is apparently a vocal trump supporter. Maybe we'll end up with a team of mormons...white boys riding bicycles with black pants and short sleeve shirts with slim black ties.
    It's worked pretty good at BYU!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    It's worked pretty good at BYU!
    Those Mormons are 26 though due to the 4 year mission they take.

vCash
    Don't know if leach can average 7-5 here like dan did or not, but it is clear he ain't worried about winning this year. That is clear from the roster overhaul and letting shrader walk.
    So we can all stop saying he should adapt to win now his scheme to fit this roster and win now. He ain't worried about that and it's obvious.

vCash
    Leach was hired to win- thats the bottom line. Next year will make or break I think. If 2021 isnt any better- then things will get interesting. If Leach is still struggling quite a bit- there is going to be problems and hell raising. And it should be.
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-15-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Keep in mind, Leach will likely need about 4 years to hit .500. We got rid of our last coach when everyone wanted, now we're gonna have to be patient whether we like it of not. Now if he loses his first two Eggbowls he could be in early trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leach was hired to win- thats the bottom line. Next year will make or break I think. If 2021 isnt any better- then things will get interesting. If Leach is still struggling quite a bit- there is going to be problems and hell raising. And it should be.
    Next year is a terrible schedule with Arky, Aub, and A&M on the road. At Auburn is a loss no matter what. Arkansas is likely a loss as is A&M....as well as LSU and Bama and possibly NC State.