Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The wheels are falling off....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    Okay, then what is the whole story? Should be able to covey this without stepping on toes.
    Story I was told is that Errol & Murphy were loafing at practice & Arnett tore them a new one while calling them a few names. Murphy quit & Malik Heath called at Errol & put him in his place. Errol quit as well but came back
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Story I was told is that Errol & Murphy were loafing at practice & Arnett tore them a new one while calling them a few names. Murphy quit & Malik Heath called at Errol & put him in his place. Errol quit as well but came back
    This story fell apart when you said Malik put Errol in his place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    This story fell apart when you said Malik put Errol in his place.
    That was actually the most factual part from what I heard
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It’s been 5 games.. and a ****ed up college sports year since the spring ..
    May it works out maybe it doesn’t... let’s get a normal year or 2 in the books and see what happens.
    Look on the bright side .. if it doesn’t work out with CML , he won’t be the only one that won’t be here..

vCash
    Oh really?

That's pretty much the story as I've heard it. What's the rest of the story?
    I can come up with a story too.

vCash
    I had heard another name as the other one who quit, but the rest of your story is pretty much verbatim what I was told.

vCash
    All this Moorhead 'culture" excuse is just that - an excuse. A bogus one at that.

When the season started and we kicked the shit out of LSU - i didn't hear one person spouting this culture BS. It was the opposite, people praised the Leach Beach and how the team was so happy, focused and finally disciplined. Now that teams have watched Washington film, all of a sudden its culture, drugs, and laziness. So let me get this right, our team had a bad culture, were taking drugs and were lazy, yet worked hard enough during the summer to go into Baton Rouge in the first weekend of the year and kicked the shit out of the reigning National Champs - and then decided to stop trying because that is the culture Moorhead fostered? How does that make any sense?

That is the story we are telling?

As opposed to the story that the kids clearly worked hard enough to be ready to play in their first game, they played hard and ran into a DC that decided to blitz the air raid. After that, every team we have played has incorporated some version of the 3-8 and the offense has looked like dog shit. The defense has played as well or if not better than they did in the LSU game. So its just the offense that is infected with terrible, lazy, drug addicts?

I guess its a whole lot easier to call a bunch of kids that have worked their ass off for multiple years, won plenty of games for us, lazy drug addicts without any real proof, but all you are doing is making excuses for a guy being paid 5 million dollars a year to win games. That's it - that is all you are doing and I think a lot of our fans need to look in the mirror and realize what they are saying and posting because its pretty damn disgusting.
    Damn, strong

vCash
    Leach sucking and joe having a culture problem are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Leach sucking and joe having a culture problem are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.
    Hancock's point is a good one though... is the drug/culture problem limited to just the offense? The defense has been good all year. The offense's drug/culture problem seemed to coincide with opposing defenses going to a 3-8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hancock's point is a good one though... is the drug/culture problem limited to just the offense? The defense has been good all year. The offense's drug/culture problem seemed to coincide with opposing defenses going to a 3-8
    The culture problem is more that when things go south and get tough, people quit. Everybody can be positive and go hard when things are going well. Struggles reveal character. I'm not sure anyone is blaming the offense's struggles solely on culture. That'd be foolish.

The offense, culture aside, sucks bc we don't have the personnel to run the air raid (or any offense really). We have a true freshman qb who may or may not be good in time, two true freshmen rb who don't make people miss or break tackles, average (at best) receivers, and slow footed OL who can't pass block without help.

The real question is whether it is possible to get the types of players here needed to execute this system efficiently enough to go 7-5,8-4. Maybe leach can do it, but he ain't got it now regardless of culture.

vCash
    The culture problem is more that when things go south and get tough, people quit. Everybody can be positive and go hard when things are going well. Struggles reveal character. I'm not sure anyone is blaming the offense's struggles solely on culture. That'd be foolish.

The offense, culture aside, sucks bc we don't have the personnel to run the air raid (or any offense really). We have a true freshman qb who may or may not be good in time, two true freshmen rb who don't make people miss or break tackles, average (at best) receivers, and slow footed OL who can't pass block without help.

The real question is whether it is possible to get the types of players here needed to execute this system efficiently enough to go 7-5,8-4. Maybe leach can do it, but he ain't got it now regardless of culture.
    I think Marks and Johnson will be good. It's kind of hard to make people miss when we won't let them get to the corner and get going. Marks has the ability to have some playmaker type runs if he could ever get into open field. It's hard to get in open field when they're the checkdown option on passes and we're running draws in the run game with a line that can't block.

vCash

Yep. About as bare an offensive cupboard as I've ever seen on almost any SEC team.

vCash
    Not equating the two and dang sure didn't sniff college ball, but what you described, that's what we called practice, minus people quitting. But we were kids and most of us weren't raised or encouraged to have a voice when the adults talked. But if you're 22 or whatever and have a kid, I can see being less inclined to take sh*t off someone.

Still...Like HST said, "if you buy the ticket, take the ride." Quit when the season's over.

One thing is for sure, the guys who stick around will know who they can depend on when the chips are down and will believe in the colors they wear. A lot of these players have options and, if nothing else CML owes it to them (and fans who make $5m a year possible) to put a product on the field that will make the experience worth it. Expecting three full years or whatever to accomplish this...in 2020 SEC...looks like we'll find out the hard way if that's a grandiose/entitled expectation. It would help a lot if we looked competent in the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Yep. About as bare an offensive cupboard as I've ever seen on almost any SEC team.
    And yet, 632 yards and 44 points vs in game 1 before Arkansas handed out the book.

vCash
    And yet, 632 yards and 44 points vs in game 1 before Arkansas handed out the book.
    The worst thing State did this year was beat LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    The worst thing State did this year was beat LSU.
    People would rather we lose games than admit that Leach's system may have pretty big problem.

Its bizarre.

vCash
    That was actually the most factual part from what I heard
    Bro you need to sit this one out...

We have so many things going on right now. Just to name two. We have a coach that's stuck in the 90s way of thinking and discipline who would rather be at his home in the keys than recruit, hold camps or act like he gives a shit about players. So much more I could say about this
    Two we have a micromanager as an AD who is also pushing a narrative right now and dividing the Ath dept as a whole.
    Your story isn't true

vCash
    All this Moorhead 'culture" excuse is just that - an excuse. A bogus one at that.

When the season started and we kicked the shit out of LSU - i didn't hear one person spouting this culture BS. It was the opposite, people praised the Leach Beach and how the team was so happy, focused and finally disciplined. Now that teams have watched Washington film, all of a sudden its culture, drugs, and laziness. So let me get this right, our team had a bad culture, were taking drugs and were lazy, yet worked hard enough during the summer to go into Baton Rouge in the first weekend of the year and kicked the shit out of the reigning National Champs - and then decided to stop trying because that is the culture Moorhead fostered? How does that make any sense?

That is the story we are telling?

As opposed to the story that the kids clearly worked hard enough to be ready to play in their first game, they played hard and ran into a DC that decided to blitz the air raid. After that, every team we have played has incorporated some version of the 3-8 and the offense has looked like dog shit. The defense has played as well or if not better than they did in the LSU game. So its just the offense that is infected with terrible, lazy, drug addicts?

I guess its a whole lot easier to call a bunch of kids that have worked their ass off for multiple years, won plenty of games for us, lazy drug addicts without any real proof, but all you are doing is making excuses for a guy being paid 5 million dollars a year to win games. That's it - that is all you are doing and I think a lot of our fans need to look in the mirror and realize what they are saying and posting because its pretty damn disgusting.
    agree with this. that first game we didn't have those issues. the issues started after they figured us out and everyone started getting frustrated and then leach takes it out on the boys for getting frustrated and voicing their opinions. the problem here is that the SEC figured Leach out real fast had success and Leach hasn't adapted the offense in any form to help his team be successful. players get naturally frustrated with that. They voice their opinions which they shouldn't since they are the players. we can do that as fans. but leach is already telling some of us off for criticizing him. That worked out great for the last guy right? i don't think he should be fired yet because he has a track record, but every school and conference is different and there are a lot of variables.

vCash
    Yep, people seem to forget this. Our no talent team was able to set SEC record. It can't be that bad.

Back to Errol, he has a lazy streak in him. He has gotten slower and heavier since he got here. This is why he will not make it at the next level. Really disappointing, he was a monster his freshman year.

Yep as others have said, this ain't just a Joe problem, Leach has his issues too. Yeah I know he gets a pass with all the excuses being offered up, but he has some major issues too. Both are true of our team - players, present and past coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He will get skull drug in his first two egg bowls. That will probably be the end of the experiment.
    Yep and we'll be told in Starkville to kick rocks and pound sand or worse at the press conference.