Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The wheels are falling off....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Almost every score was off the drop 8. That’s why they were not running it. Just watched the 2016 game. They did the same thing. When Oregon dropped 8 Faulk had about 15 seconds to throw the ball, and he either threw the ball to the open man or took off and picked up 7 yards. That coverage works when you can get pressure with your front 3 or 4, but most teams could not and it was too easy for Leach to attack. It is just amazingly arrogant to think that people on this board know more than defensive coordinators who have faced leach for 20 years. Not just some of them, but literally all of them.
    I think that is what is going to happen to us going forward. Teams are going to try to drop eight to start and stay with it if it doesn't work. If it doesn't they'll try to disguise it like Vandy did. If that doesn't work they'll try to bring pressure. We know how people are going to attack us- which is a huge advantage for us in the long run. We just have to teach our players to adapt and bring in players that can defeat it.

vCash
    No, dumbass you don?t. In some games they did not because it was obviously not working. It rarely worked against his offense, so it was rarely used on a large scale. Oregon used it many times as Leach has said himself (And he constantly beat it). When it did work, teams kept running it. This isn?t hard.
    Show me the game where they did - what year - give me the year and i'll pull up the game.

I thought you said Leach had beaten the 3-8, but now you are saying that he was so successful against it, teams stopped running it? Show me the game where he tore up the 3-8. Just one damn game. I'll wait.

It worked for Washington the last several years to the point the Washington players were laughing about how they knew what was coming;

vCash
    We could be 4-2 right now instead of being 2-4 by squeaking out 2 not turning over the ball and you all would still be unhappy because we look like crap on offence.

How many coaching hours has Leach had trying to teach this offense which requires many reps to master?

If the defense were as bad as many thought it would be we would be ofer!

Thank God we have two wins.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Show me the game where they did - what year - give me the year and i'll pull up the game.

I thought you said Leach had beaten the 3-8, but now you are saying that he was so successful against it, teams stopped running it? Show me the game where he tore up the 3-8. Just one damn game. I'll wait.

It worked for Washington the last several years to the point the Washington players were laughing about how they knew what was coming;
    I just posted a video where his offense scored 34 points on the drop 8 and 48 points total (the remainder were field goals and Oregon rushing 4). You continue to double down on stupid. People ran it against him virtually every single game. He beats it and they get out of it. Oregon drops 8 (and 7 which is what we see every week) and got roasted almost every time they played Leach. Go watch the 2016 game. They rushed 3 or 4 the entire first half and gave up 28 and then started blitzing in the second half. I’m not going to spend my entire day watching film to continue to prove your dumbassery.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-11-2020 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I only watched two offensive series ... I saw a few 3 man fronts mixed in with mostly 4 man fronts ... occasionally the DE would drop back at the snap. On the second series I saw 4 man fronts almost exclusively .... I saw more much more 4 man than 3 man lines ... you would have thought he would have an answer to it by now
    They rush 4 pretty much the whole game. They do drop 8 some, but comparing what we have seen and what Washington has done, is just laughable. We are seeing 3-8 close to 80% of the time and we can't solve it. Same way he couldn't solve it against Washington.

Show me the game where he has solved the 3-8 that we have seen?

I'll be waiting a while;

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    They rush 4 pretty much the whole game. They do drop 8 some, but comparing what we have seen and what Washington has done, is just laughable. We are seeing 3-8 close to 80% of the time and we can't solve it. Same way he couldn't solve it against Washington.

I'll be waiting a while;
    They rushed 3 enough to give up 34 points against that exact look in 1 game. A Lot of times it looked like they were coming with 4 and the edge backed off into the flat with the tailback. The reason you don’t see past people running drop 8 80 % of the time is because they were not stupid enough to keep running a coverage that did not work. So yea, the few teams that ran it the entire game succeeded. There is no reason to change if you do not have to. We are also not having any more success when teams rush 4 instead of 3 so this is a moot point. How on earth does this have to be explained to you?
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-11-2020 at 03:27 PM.

vCash

I'll be waiting a while;
    I think you might have meant this for the Bennie Brown Know-it-All... I was saying the same thing
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Look I don't give a rat's ass what he did at Washington St. or TTU. I don't care if they blitzed 8, dropped 8, or dropped 11. That's all in the past and there's a reason why those kids weren't at Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, etc. All that matters is what he's doing here and now. And right now we can't move the ball, we can't block 3 with 5, and on the rare occasion we can actually do that our receivers and QB aren't on the same page about 60% of the time. We have MASSIVE problems that aren't an overnight fix. And I'll be honest I don't know if there is a fix to it. The next two years will be the telltale sign of that. By Year 3, and honestly the end of Year 2, if we're still having the same problems then a new AD will probably be having a very tough conversation with Mike Leach. I say new AD because Cohen will be the first to go if this thing continues to go south.

vCash
    I just posted a video where his offense scored 34 points on the drop 8 and 48 points total (the remainder were field goals and Oregon rushing 4). You continue to double down on stupid. People ran it against him virtually every single game. He beats it and they get out of it. Oregon drops 8 (and 7 which is what we see every week) and got roasted almost every time they played Leach. Go watch the 2016 game. They rushed 3 or 4 the entire first half and gave up 28 and then started blitzing in the second half. I?m not going to spend my entire day watching film to continue to prove your dumbassery.
    Ok - I just went and watched the first half of the video that you posted the 2015 WSU/Oregon game.

Oregon rushed 3 men 9 times.

Oregon rushed 4 men 30 times.

Your point about us seeing teams drop 7 against us is just a lie. Do i actually need to post the Kentucky and Arkansas game film? Really?

Show me the game where the defense dropped 8 and rushed 3 the majority of the game, like Washington, Arkansas, and Kentucky and how Leach tore it up. I'm waiting;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I think you might have meant this for the Bennie Brown Know-it-All... I was saying the same thing
    My bad - I just hate when people flat out lie. WSU only faced the 3-8 in the PAC 12 in the Apple Cup;

Here is what it looks like - look familiar to anyone?

I mean seriously - watch this video and tell me we aren't seeing the exact same defense, every damn week;

I mean the 4th and 1 play calls even look identical;

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Ok - I just went and watched the first half of the video that you posted the 2015 WSU/Oregon game.

Oregon rushed 3 men 9 times.

Oregon rushed 4 men 30 times.

Your point about us seeing teams drop 7 against us is just a lie. Do i actually need to post the Kentucky and Arkansas game film? Really?

Show me the game where the defense dropped 8 and rushed 3 the majority of the game, like Washington, Arkansas, and Kentucky and how Leach tore it up. I'm waiting;

I can’t post one because when they give up 34 points in one game off of the same look they generally don’t continue to use that look. You can keep spouting the same ignorance and I’m going to keep telling you the same thing. People don’t Generally continue to Run the same thing when you torch them against that look. Arizona tried to drop 8 some and they got their ass lit up too. Look at them against Minshew. Why on earth would you continue to do what is not working unless you are Bo Pelini?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    My bad - I just hate when people flat out lie. WSU only faced the 3-8 in the PAC 12 in the Apple Cup;

Here is what it looks like - look familiar to anyone?

I mean seriously - watch this video and tell me we aren't seeing the exact same defense, every damn week;

I mean the 4th and 1 play calls even look identical;
    They only faced it the entire game against them because that was the only defense that stopped them with that look you ****ing idiot.

vCash
    They only faced it the entire game against them because that was the only defense that stopped them with that look you ****ing idiot.
    They were the only team that tried it the entire game - which game did they run more 3-8 than rush 4, give me one game.

The game you posted - they rushed 4 thirty times in the first half compared to rushing 3 nine times. Do i really have to do the 2016 game as well?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    They were the only team that tried it the entire game - which game did they run more 3-8 than rush 4, give me one game.

The game you posted - they rushed 4 thirty times in the first half compared to rushing 3 nine times. Do i really have to do the 2016 game as well?
    They were the only team that tried it the entire game because they were the only team that had success with it when they ran it. If Leach would have had the same success against Washington as he did against every other team when they gave him that look they would have moved out of that look just like everyone else did. You can’t seriously be this dense. You really believe everyone had the same success as Washington did with that look and just chose not to run it.

vCash
    I can’t post one because when they give up 34 points in one game off of the same look they generally don’t continue to use that look. You can keep spouting the same ignorance and I’m going to keep telling you the same thing. People don’t Generally continue to Run the same thing when you torch them against that look. Arizona tried to drop 8 some and they got their ass lit up too. Look at them against Minshew. Why on earth would you continue to do what is not working unless you are Bo Pelini?
    Show me the video of them tearing up the 3-8 for a quarter. Just ripping it to shreds. It doesn't exist I've looked. The only video you posted had Oregon rushing 4 thirty times as opposed to 3 nine times. Show me the game where he tore it up, when those numbers are reversed.

vCash
    They were the only team that tried it the entire game because they were the only team that had success with it when they ran it. If Leach would have had the same success against Washington as he did against every other team when they gave him that look they would have moved out of that look just like everyone else did. You can’t seriously be this dense.
    Show me the game where he tore up the 3-8. Which team stuck with it like Washington, Kentucky, or Arkansas? Almost every game I've watched the teams rushed 4 and 5 consistently. The games I've posted clearly show that, I'm waiting for your video where he is ripping up the 3-8.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I just showed you a video where they scored 34 points against that look. The only time the ran that look WSU scores a touchdown. Wtf is wrong with you?

vCash
    I just showed you a video where they scored 34 points against that look. The only time the ran that look WSU scores a touchdown. Wtf is wrong with you?
    This is the only video you posted in this entire thread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMd0n2_V5Y

If you have posted another - let me know.

This is the one where they rushed 4 thirty times and rushed 3 only 9 times in the first half; They continue to rush 4 in the second half; They rushed 4 the majority of the game. They rushed 3 a handful of times. Sometimes it looked exactly like us, other times they had some success, but Oregon did not commit to it. Where do you think they scored 34 points against the 3-8 in this video that you posted? I mean they almost exclusively rushed 4 guys.

If you are claiming that they were just so successful against the 3-8 that the defense was forced to rush 4, then that is simply Pelini logic. If that 2015 Oregon/WSU game is the evidence that you have that Leach has beaten the 3-8, then you simply have no idea what you are talking about - and you can have the last word.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    This is the only video you posted in this entire thread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMd0n2_V5Y

If you have posted another - let me know.

This is the one where they rushed 4 thirty times and rushed 3 only 9 times in the first half; They continue to rush 4 in the second half; They rushed 4 the majority of the game. They rushed 3 a handful of times. Sometimes it looked exactly like us, other times they had some success, but Oregon did not commit to it. Where do you think they scored 34 points against the 3-8 in this video that you posted? I mean they almost exclusively rushed 4 guys.

If you are claiming that they were just so successful against the 3-8 that the defense was forced to rush 4, then that is simply Pelini logic. If that 2015 Oregon/WSU game is the evidence that you have that Leach has beaten the 3-8, then you simply have no idea what you are talking about - and you can have the last word.
    On the play that WSU scored touchdowns they were facing a drop 8 look for 34 of their points. I have said this about 7 times in this thread. They only ran it the amount of times you are talking about because every time they did WSU scored a ****ing touchdown. Do I need to rearrange this post another way so you can comprehend it?

vCash
    They were the only team that tried it the entire game because they were the only team that had success with it when they ran it. If Leach would have had the same success against Washington as he did against every other team when they gave him that look they would have moved out of that look just like everyone else did. You can’t seriously be this dense. You really believe everyone had the same success as Washington did with that look and just chose not to run it.
    This is my thinking as well. If Washington shut it down for 8 straight years, surely other teams would have tried it too. It's dumb to think otherwise. And no, I'm not going to waste my time watching WSU games. Lolz