Thread: It's really simple

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

It's really simple

1. We will never have 5 offensive linemen to block SEC West defensive lines, consistently.

2. Because of (1.) we will never move the ball effectively with a one-back offense.

3. Because of (1. and 2.) we will never produce numbers like Leach has had in the past.

It's time for Leach to look himself in the mirror and say,... I like being a head coach in the SEC and I need to consult with my friends and colleagues and devise a way to run the football with TEs, multiple RBs.

If he doesn't, it's not gonna work.

Thanks for reading the obvious.

vCash
    Leach can't stay on topic during an interview let alone figure out what's wrong with his outdated offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach can't stay on topic during an interview let alone figure out what's wrong with his outdated offense.
    He is about to find out the longer this goes, less people will laugh at his one liners. Nothing will be funny a year from now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    He is about to find out the longer this goes, less people will laugh at his one liners. Nothing will be funny a year from now.
    Cohen will still be doing his fake ass laugh.

vCash
    1 is patently false

vCash
    The jokes are already running thin. Cohens back is going to hurt From shoveling us excuses the next 2-3 years.

vCash
    The details of your post missed the mark, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

The coaches who have learned from Leach like Lincoln Riley, Art Briles-Kendall Briles, Dana Holgerson, etc have all adapted the Air Raid to modern football. Leach hasn't adapted. Adapt or Die.

You have to be able to run when a team takes away the pass. Leach does not believe in this very simple concept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The details of your post missed the mark, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

The coaches who have learned from Leach like Lincoln Riley, Art Briles-Kendall Briles, Dana Holgerson, etc have all adapted the Air Raid to modern football. Leach hasn't adapted. Adapt or Die.

You have to be able to run when a team takes away the pass. Leach does not believe in this very simple concept.
    Yeah and how ironic with MSU storied history running the football. Cohen has nuked MSU football.

vCash

Thanks! you explained it better than I could. It's just a shame that we can't just adjust year-to-year until you get "your guys" in.

vCash
    Yeah and how ironic with MSU storied history running the football. Cohen has nuked MSU football.
    Storied history??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    Storied history??
    Agreed..... what story?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Agreed..... what story?

OK so maybe storied is the wrong word. We didn't have a heisman winner RB but we've been outstanding running the ball. Well you had the John Bond wishbone attack Emory Bellard put together to start. We've had great backs and OL thru the years. And running QBs, has there been anyone better? Bond, Sleepy, DonSmith, Dak, Fitz, Even on bad teams we had star RBs like Dixion in Croom years, Norwood and others. We've gotten star RB out of HS to come to MSU.

So compared to any other aspect of MSU football, running the ball has been a hallmark. Is that word good enough for you?

vCash
    OK so maybe storied is the wrong word. We didn't have a heisman winner RB but we've been outstanding running the ball. Well you had the John Bond wishbone attack Emory Bellard put together to start. We've had great backs and OL thru the years. And running QBs, has there been anyone better? Bond, Sleepy, DonSmith, Dak, Fitz, Even on bad teams we had star RBs like Dixion in Croom years, Norwood and others. We've gotten star RB out of HS to come to MSU.

So compared to any other aspect of MSU football, running the ball has been a hallmark. Is that word good enough for you?
    And what has it gotten us?

Not much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    1 is patently false
    Yeah I have to agree with you there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    And what has it gotten us?

Not much.
    Yeah, I think that was Cohens point to all this...how can we ever expect to be a national champion contender...ever...if we keep doing things the exact same way that weve done for the last 100 years??

Whether hes right, a miserable failure, (likely) somewhere in the middle of those 2...who knows...well see 2-3 years from now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Yeah, I think that was Cohens point to all this...how can we ever expect to be a national champion contender...ever...if we keep doing things the exact same way that weve done for the last 100 years??

Whether hes right, a miserable failure, (likely) somewhere in the middle of those 2...who knows...well see 2-3 years from now
    Cohen contacted Napier and Judge first, so Cohen didn't have a "point to all this".

Also, we haven't done things the exact same way for 100 years. Mullen did things differently. Mullen was probably the best coach we have ever had at winning the games he's supposed to win.

Mullen's flaws:
    1. Job hunting every year his last 3 or 4 years
    2. Country club boys on offense failed to land us big time recruits at WR
    3. Not enough downfield shots in the passing game. Some of it system, some of it a byproduct of #2
    4. A little too much reliance on QB runs
    5. Revolving Door at Dcoordinator

Mullen wasn't perfect but he showed us the way. Needed to find the right fit to keep it going after Mullen and take us to the next level. Instead we hired Joe Moorhead. That's why we are in this mess. I don't totally blame Cohen for Leach. I don't think any of us knew his offense would be this bad against 1 defense and that he would fail to adapt.

vCash

Mullen wasn't perfect but he showed us the way. Needed to find the right fit to keep it going after Mullen and take us to the next level. Instead we hired Joe Moorhead. That's why we are in this mess. I don't totally blame Cohen for Leach. I don't think any of us knew his offense would be this bad against 1 defense and that he would fail to adapt.
    I agree 100 percent. I don?t blame Cohen for hiring leach because the pool of candidates wasn?t that great. If it is true Clawson showed interest and Cohen didn?t pursue it then that was a bad decision. On the other hand Cohen is 100 percent responsible for that horrendous Moorhead hire when the pool was much better at the end of 2017.