Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who have voted today how long was the line?

vCash

For those who have voted today how long was the line?

I'm in line now in my podunk little precinct and the line is 20x longer than I've ever seen it before.

vCash
    Voted in TN, and the line was long but moved along.
    side note, that Trump Rally in Rome, GA Sunday night reportedly had 40,000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I'm in line now in my podunk little precinct and the line is 20x longer than I've ever seen it before.
    Same in Madison, MS, large turnout, at the precent I voted at! People in line were commenting that the turnout was unprecedented!

vCash
    Line was long here in Jones county but moved fast. 20 minutes

vCash
    I voted at Lake Caroline, Madison County. LOOONNNGGG line all day long - longer than I've ever seen by far, and not shrinking.. It moved along steadily and fairly quickly. Took me an hour starting at 0955 this AM. The line is at least twice as long now as when I arrived.

vCash
    I walked straight in at 2:00, no line at all.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I walked straight in at 2:00, no line at all.
    Must've been in the Kanye 2020 line.**

vCash
    Same here in Tupelo

vCash
    I usually go about 10:00 AM and have never waited more than about 10 minutes. I waited 2 hours today.

vCash
    Voted in rural precinct. Pontotoc county.... never, never before today have had to wait to vote.

something is up......

vCash
    From leaving my house to voting and getting home 25 Minutes. I went at 9:30 this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post

something is up......
    Indeed. Possibly the highest voter turnout in a century. Regardless of how things shake out, more people participating in this civic duty is a good thing. Would be great if it became the norm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Indeed. Possibly the highest voter turnout in a century. Regardless of how things shake out, more people participating in this civic duty is a good thing. Would be great if it became the norm.
    Been voting for 50 years (benefit of the age change)and have never missed an election vote....national, local, school board etc. Will never understand why people can't simply go vote.

Of course, I think some people are too stupid to vote.....I know, I know......

vCash
    Rural precinct in Texas - no line at 2:00 but I'm sure there is now.

vCash
    Voted last week. the fact that MS STILL doesn't allow early IN PERSON vote is just ridiculous and the people holding that up in committee for the past 15 yeas or so should be removed. Especially in this years situation.

And on that note... this is going to off topic... because I know someone's gonna start reporting results now that things are closed and it will dive ugly quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Voted in TN, and the line was long but moved along.
    side note, that Trump Rally in Rome, GA Sunday night reportedly had 40,000.
    Trump/supporters generally overstate the attendance by a good bit though, maybe by a factor of 2 or 3. With Biden, they've been easy to count though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Well - one reason for more voters is that the population of the US has been increasing substantially. It's increased by about 20M just in the last 10 years.

vCash
    Took 90 minutes in Olive Branch today. I've never had to wait more than 30. There were about 200 in line when I left at 4:00.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Well - one reason for more voters is that the population of the US has been increasing substantially. It's increased by about 20M just in the last 10 years.
    Not really. Voter turnout is always a percentage of the population.

vCash
    I live in a smaller community outside of Little Rock and my wife and I were in and out in maybe 15 minutes. We went at about 1pm.

Edit: No wait at all