Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saban "Your begging them to run the ball"

vCash

Saban "Your begging them to run the ball"

this link skips directly to relevant 2:38 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yp4...youtu.be&t=158

vCash
    Lol. Gotta win a certain way, or we don't win at all. Sounds intelligent, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol. Gotta win a certain way, or we don't win at all. Sounds intelligent, right?
    That appears to be what we have. Is it incompetence or arrogance?

vCash
    Changed whole scheme for 1 game. Begging us to run the ball. Daring us to run the ball. For you guys that still think it's our receivers, KJ, Will, or O-linemen and just will not listen to me and others. Maybe you will listen to Saban. Nah, probably not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That appears to be what we have. Is it incompetence or arrogance?
    combo of arrogance, delusion, stubborness, and incompetence. I feel for all the older players. 2 years thrown a way b/c a guy was determined to run his RPO's and now this. I know this is heresy, but I'm sympathic to Kylin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Changed whole scheme for 1 game. Begging us to run the ball. Daring us to run the ball. For you guys that still think it's our receivers, KJ, Will, or O-linemen and just will not listen to me and others. Maybe you will listen to Saban. Nah, probably not.
    No they didn't... you can't change a scheme in a week.... they just changed how they called it. They didn't change the whole scheme. That's just ludicrous

vCash
    Saban was basically laughing at our offense in the run up to the game so I am not surprised

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No they didn't... you can't change a scheme in a week.... they just changed how they called it. They didn't change the whole scheme. That's just ludicrous
    He clearly said they practiced some of this 3-8 in the fall and all but told us that they studied Washington?s film and the trans before Bama this year.

They clearly prepared for the offense by practicing the 3-8 a little bit in the fall, and then implanted the same defense that the other SEC teams implemented in a week;

It?s not that hard to call 5-6 variations of the 3-8;.

vCash
    We had 15 attempts for an average of 2.5 yards. Would you rather leach force the run and net 2-3 yards per play and then punt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    A key lack of talent in MSU fans is we don’t create great Memes, it’s a way to revel in the pain of losing while inflicting great pressure on the target. Clemson would have a library of Memes by now.

I am part of the problem in this area

I can only think about the Unfortunate General Mack. The War and Peace characterization. What. A. Dork.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    He clearly said they practiced some of this 3-8 in the fall and all but told us that they studied Washington?s film and the trans before Bama this year.

They clearly prepared for the offense by practicing the 3-8 a little bit in the fall, and then implanted the same defense that the other SEC teams implemented in a week;

Saban ran his typical hybrid 3-4..... Where he had zone on the strong side and man to man on the weak side. He rarely dropped 8..... But didnt blitz the LBs too much. When he did..... They always got to the qb one way or the other. But we telegraph our plays mainly because our guys don't understand the system yet. So it's easy for defenses to react. But we do have some players that still don't give maximum effort ..... Ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    We had 15 attempts for an average of 2.5 yards. Would you rather leach force the run and net 2-3 yards per play and then punt?
    His called run plays aren't very creative...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeahhhhh. Me and a few others been saying it. Until we run the ball some- this shit aint gonna work in the SEC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

They dropped 8 some. But they didn't play a 3-8 anywhere remotely close to what other teams have done. They played bama defense. Lots of combo coverage. Even some man. While like any decent coach I'm sure they studied what other teams did. But they didn't copy cat them. Not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeahhhhh. Me and a few others been saying it. Until we run the ball some- this shit aint gonna work in the SEC
    I agree we need to be able to run the ball. No doubt. We just can't. Course we can't throw either. So there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    He needs to bring some creativity to the run game. Zone and draw doesnt cut it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Saban ran his typical hybrid 3-4..... Where he had zone on the strong side and man to man on the weak side. He rarely dropped 8..... But didnt blitz the LBs too much. When he did..... They always got to the qb one way or the other. But we telegraph our plays mainly because our guys don't understand the system yet. So it's easy for defenses to react. But we do have some players that still don't give maximum effort ..... Ridiculous.
    This guy was watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I agree we need to be able to run the ball. No doubt. We just can't. Course we can't throw either. So there's that.
    Yep, we've averaged 1.7 yards/rush this season. If I was an opposing coach I would be begging us to run the ball as well.

vCash
    Zone by itself is no good without the QB being a threat to read it, a TE/Thumper to help on the edge or run Split zone, or an RPO attached to it
    A draw doesnt really work very often against a team rushing 3

To put it in simple terms- our run game is Jr High/middle school level football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Zone by itself is no good without the QB being a threat to read it, a TE/Thumper to help on the edge or run Split zone, or an RPO attached to it
    A draw doesnt really work very often against a team rushing 3

To put it in simple terms- our run game is Jr High/middle school level football.
    Right - it seems like our entire run game is inside zone and draw. We did add a toss play, I guess. But it seems like a very easy to defend offense because the defense does not have to guess much and pays very little price for guessing wrong.