Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: we have shitty WRs and we are trying to run the Air Raid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You beat me to it. Leach has been competent a long time. I'll call him out next year after this 17ing year is over. Give Him a spring training and then see what happens.
    Did the WRs getting called out have a spring training in this system?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hmmm....looking competent for a 20 year span vs guys that haven't looked competent for four years? And what does his salary matter?
    Todd - a first year head coach that inherited an arguably worse program and has arguably less talent made him look like a rookie at this (Pittman). His salary matters because we are paying him so we expect something in return. So far, 50% of this board could have coached just as well or better than he has on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did the WRs getting called out have a spring training in this system?
    I'm so tired of this excuse. Do you realize we have a 6 week fall practice to make up for missed 15 spring practices? You can't use that as an excuse. Mizz,OM,AR are doing just fine on offense.
    So back to my post earlier. The SEC is a different kinda monster and the problem with the air raid is it won't work due to the size and speed of the defenses here. We could practice for 10 weeks and still continue to have issues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I'm so tired of this excuse. Do you realize we have a 6 week fall practice to make up for missed 15 spring practices? You can't use that as an excuse. Mizz,OM,AR are doing just fine on offense.
    So back to my post earlier. The SEC is a different kinda monster and the problem with the air raid is it won't work due to the size and speed of the defenses here. We could practice for 10 weeks and still continue to have issues
    I would rather have 6 weeks of fall practice than spring ball anyway

vCash
    You are correct. If Leach doesn't adjust, he will fail. It's as simple as that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I would rather have 6 weeks of fall practice than spring ball anyway
    great-what team do you Coach?

vCash
    based on 4 games? vs-20 years of it working everywhere--

vCash
    Joe Moorhead had a successful offense everywhere he went as well

vCash
    based on 7 straight games vs Washington, 4 straight games vs SEC teams with varying levels of talent, based on the adjustments that all of his former assistants have made, and based on common sense.

vCash
    18 years in the Big 12 and PAC 12 doesn't equate to what he faces week in and week out in the SEC. so you can keep going back to the 20 years or whatever but fact remains. This two average defenses held is to 7 points offensively.

vCash
    18 years in the Big 12 and PAC 12 doesn't equate to what he faces week in and week out in the SEC. so you can keep going back to the 20 years or whatever but fact remains. This two average defenses held is to 7 points offensively.
    Yeah, I mean Mike Leach was the head coach at Texas Tech 20 years ago. He was there from 2000-2009. Most teams were still using a fullback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah, I mean Mike Leach was the head coach at Texas Tech 20 years ago. He was there from 2000-2009. Most teams were still using a fullback.
    Exactly the Air Raid was great but the when he faced defenses with physical DL and Speed it's basically nullified anything he can do. The LB in the pac 12 are like strong safety's in the SEC. yes some AR principles can work but you have to be able to run the ball and the QB has to be a threat to run. We have less than 200 yds rushing as a team this year