Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: we have shitty WRs and we are trying to run the Air Raid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta love a new coach calling out players already.
    As he should be. I guess you've forgotten how much shit Mullen talked in his first spring and the summer media days.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I just think coaching is just as much to blame
    Same shit from the same players across 2-3 different coaching staffs and it's all Leach's fault.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    As he should be. I guess you've forgotten how much shit Mullen talked in his first spring and the summer media days.
    Dan got a complete pass from a lot of our fans for some reason. And I mean before 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Same shit from the same players across 2-3 different coaching staffs and it's all Leach's fault.**
    Leach has known the def game plan the last 3 weeks. Sorry, I expect more than nothing

vCash
    Dan got a complete pass from a lot of our fans for some reason. And I mean before 2014.
    I don't understand this post at all. What are you talking about? Dan showed he could coach football from Game 1, Season 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree about state of the culture but cut out the cancer and don't let it spread if that is the case. Don't keep letting it go on week after week. After 5 weeks he blames WR engagement at a press conference? The press conference shouldn't be where that is handled. Not saying there isn't issues. Two wrongs ain't gonna fix anything but lead to more resentment and hence my comment more will shut it down. I've seen that play out too many times.
    Wait, you're pissed at a coach calling out players not doing what's required? But you'll get on here and call out a coach or player whenever you choose? Ok
    But I've got news, this wasn't the first time he's called them out. He did it a couple weeks ago too. He didn't wait 5 weeks. I'm all for calling them out. Because he's getting called out too.
    These kids are wanting to get paid. You think these guys aren't getting called out in the pros? Shit.
    Players not doing their jobs get discarded just like coaches that don't do their job. Kids can transfer now if a coach leaves or they aren't happy. Go lazy it up somewhere else. One of them been here 4 years now. Coach won't get 4 years.

vCash
    Leach has known the def game plan the last 3 weeks. Sorry, I expect more than nothing
    Yeah- well I expect our offensive line to be able to functionally block people in front of them and our players to play hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't understand this post at all. What are you talking about? Dan showed he could coach football from Game 1, Season 1.
    Which one? When he absolutely lit up Vanderbilt for 15 points or the time his ridiculous play calling cost us a key win over LSU?** What I'm talking about is his offense finishing 9th in the SEC in scoring and was actually worse than Joe Moorhead's in year one based off of PPG. Dan also had the luxury of playing Jackson State. Oh- and Dan managed to score 3 points on Alabama that year since that's apparently the bar now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wait, you're pissed at a coach calling out players not doing what's required? But you'll get on here and call out a coach or player whenever you choose? Ok
    But I've got news, this wasn't the first time he's called them out. He did it a couple weeks ago too. He didn't wait 5 weeks. I'm all for calling them out. Because he's getting called out too.
    These kids are wanting to get paid. You think these guys aren't getting called out in the pros? Shit.
    Players not doing their jobs get discarded just like coaches that don't do their job. Kids can transfer now if a coach leaves or they aren't happy. Go lazy it up somewhere else. One of them been here 4 years now. Coach won't get 4 years.
    And ironically a lot of these same "fans" would call Leach out for "not seeing what's wrong" had he not said anything. And therefore would have deemed it "acceptable to Leach".

It's like our fans think that coaching football is like being a magician or a wizard where you just draw up a cute little play and you can win with substandard players essentially by tricking the other team.

vCash
    And ironically a lot of these same "fans" would call Leach out for "not seeing what's wrong" had he not said anything. And therefore would have deemed it "acceptable to Leach".

It's like our fans think that coaching football is like being a magician or a wizard where you just draw up a cute little play and you can win with substandard players essentially by tricking the other team.
    And I'm fine with fans getting on Leach. There's no damn reason we should be this bad. We aren't a 1 or 2 win team. John Cohen screwed up our coach search and got desperate. He needed a name coach and he's hell bent on throwing the ball (which is fine) but he doesn't understand we've got to be balanced. Balance wins football games, not just running or throwing.

vCash

There are certainly some fans that see it like this and have to be disregarded. And then there are some of us who see that Sam Pittman inherited a similar situation and his team has vastly improved. We are for Leach and believed in Leach early on, but now see some things that are alarming to us. The good news is Leach is a smart man and has plenty of time to make adjustments and get the players he needs.

vCash
    It's funny the about-face this board has taken on coaches blaming the players... freeze was a POS for saying we have to recruit better players, but leach is great for calling out players. I'll say this about freeze though... you give him your defensive game plan and a week to prepare, he wouldn't have 1 offensive score the last 3 weeks. BTW, that 1 off score was once the game was decided. We have zero offensive scores the last 3 weeks in a contested part of the game.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-05-2020 at 09:48 AM.

vCash
    Which one? When he absolutely lit up Vanderbilt for 15 points or the time his ridiculous play calling cost us a key win over LSU?** What I'm talking about is his offense finishing 9th in the SEC in scoring and was actually worse than Joe Moorhead's in year one based off of PPG. Dan also had the luxury of playing Jackson State. Oh- and Dan managed to score 3 points on Alabama that year since that's apparently the bar now.
    Dan wore shorts and Lost to South Alabama--Dan quit on Us. 17 Dan

vCash
    It's funny the about-face this board has taken on coaches blaming the players... freeze was a POS for saying we have to recruit better players, but leach is great for calling out players. I'll say this about freeze though... you give him your defensive game plan and a week to prepare, he wouldn't have 1 offensive score the last 3 weeks. BTW, that 1 off score was once the game was decided. We have zero offensive scores the last 3 weeks in a contested part of the game.
    dammit--if your players aren't doing what they are supposed to do--call them on it. They are getting a free College Education--you expect them to play hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    dammit--if your players aren't doing what they are supposed to do--call them on it. They are getting a free College Education--you expect them to play hard.
    7 isn't saying not to call them out. He calls players out on this board all the time. But before you blame players, you might need to look competent as a coach first. If we look competitive the last few weeks, It would go over a lot easier.

Why would you not call a coach out - he's making 5 million - and was given less talent and experience than Arnette on the defensive side of the ball - you expect him to make us look competent.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 11-05-2020 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    Anyone comparing this coaching job to ******* in year 1 is ridiculous. That team was picked to win 2 games in 2009 (jackson state and mtsu). We were even 10 point underdogs at vandy. Mullen won 5 with Tyson Lee at QB. Unless there is some massive turnaround with the back half of our schedule like us winning 3 or 4 of the 5 games left, then it?s not even comparable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And I'm fine with fans getting on Leach. There's no damn reason we should be this bad. We aren't a 1 or 2 win team. John Cohen screwed up our coach search and got desperate. He needed a name coach and he's hell bent on throwing the ball (which is fine) but he doesn't understand we've got to be balanced. Balance wins football games, not just running or throwing.
    I don't have a problem with criticizing the coach- but I do think it needs to have reasonable merit. Like starting Costello no matter what. Saying that he shouldn't criticize players who haven't been hustling and doing what they are supposed to is not with merit.

As far as Cohen- he tried to get the guy "everyone" seemed to want in Napier. He didn't want to come. Judge got a NFL offer. That's not on Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There are certainly some fans that see it like this and have to be disregarded. And then there are some of us who see that Sam Pittman inherited a similar situation and his team has vastly improved. We are for Leach and believed in Leach early on, but now see some things that are alarming to us. The good news is Leach is a smart man and has plenty of time to make adjustments and get the players he needs.
    That's part of my thing- he isn't going to have the players this year. So when these same players keep not performing we're going to "lose the fanbase" and not even give him an opportunity to bring in the players he needs to make his system work?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    7 isn't saying not to call them out. He calls players out on this board all the time. But before you blame players, you might need to look competent as a coach first. If we look competitive the last few weeks, It would go over a lot easier.

Why would you not call a coach out - he's making 5 million - and was given less talent and experience than Arnette on the defensive side of the ball - you expect him to make us look competent.
    Hmmm....looking competent for a 20 year span vs guys that haven't looked competent for four years? And what does his salary matter?

vCash
    Hmmm....looking competent for a 20 year span vs guys that haven't looked competent for four years? And what does his salary matter?
    You beat me to it. Leach has been competent a long time. I'll call him out next year after this 17ing year is over. Give Him a spring training and then see what happens.