Thread: Glad that is over

vCash

Glad that is over

Will should start from here on out. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

I hate that Marks got knocked out. He's going to be a good player for us too. I kind of want to see more Witherspoon and Johnson though.

We lack a true deep threat at WR. Maybe Heath can develop into that. Having that will help us beat zone coverages and I think that is one of the things that is hurting us. Heath made some nice catches even if the SEC office wouldn't allow them. He may be starting to emerge. Osiris is terrible. I wish he would opt out. All he does is drop passes and choke at the worst times. If I'm Rogers I'm never throwing to him again. Especially in the end zone. I wish we would move Payton outside in his place and go with Austin Williams and Cumbest at slot. We need some slot receivers like Jameon Lewis that can get into space and use their shiftyness. Austin Williams is more of a possession guy but isn't going to juke out a bunch of people. We need Teddy Knox to be an immediate impact guy next year. And I'm not sure what's up with Tulu.

I thought the offensive line was inconsistent. And I'd have to look back at it but I thought they played a little better especially when you consider who they were going up against. They still need to improve though. Seemed like Kam Jones played a lot more than I recall.

I thought the defense was OK given who they were going up against. Our walk-on safety got beat a couple of times on corner blitzes but it is what it is. They did better than a lot of people have against Alabama. Especially since the officials were calling PI on any of our guys within five yards of a Bama receiver. Absolutely ridiculous.

Special teams was pretty solid as usual.

Nights like this suck right now- but they will pay off later. Our guys that went Tech and 10 as freshmen ended up winning 7 games as seniors. I bet we look a lot better at home against Vanderbilt and start to see some lessons pay dividends.

vCash
    Bro, are you not paying attention? Alabama wasn't the problem. Yes, we may occasionally move the ball but it's not going to work in the SEC unless the system is revamped.

vCash
    Name me an offense that works with an offensive line that can't block bro?

vCash
    I think my biggest concern with Leach's offense is not the rush 3 drop 8 thing. I think with experience and players more suitable for the system we can do alright on that in the middle of the field. My biggest concern is how we will ever score much when we are in the red zone and nobody has to respect the run game. Our offense lately has been nothing but interceptions EVERY time we get inside the opponent's 20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Name me an offense that works with an offensive line that can't block bro?
    That's a symptom, it's not the disease.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Bro, are you not paying attention? Alabama wasn't the problem. Yes, we may occasionally move the ball but it's not going to work in the SEC unless the system is revamped.
    Ha agree. Glad its over? You gotta watch this 5 more times this year alone and there won't be a silver lining watching bad teams do that to us. Right now, Vandy has to be favored. We can't score more than probably 7 on Vandy. Can D save us a win? Maybe. Everyone else on our schedule will boat race us. This O is going to score 7 for other team every game. Jumping the crossing and screens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yep OL blocked plenty good against Bama. Not the problem. We do have a disease with several symptoms. Last night OL blocking wasn't one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep OL blocked plenty good against Bama. Not the problem. We do have a disease with several symptoms. Last night OL blocking wasn't one of them.
    I agree. There were several plays where the QB had 5 seconds or more and still threw 2-yard passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    5th worst offensive line in college football per PFF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will should start from here on out. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

I hate that Marks got knocked out. He's going to be a good player for us too. I kind of want to see more Witherspoon and Johnson though.

We lack a true deep threat at WR. Maybe Heath can develop into that. Having that will help us beat zone coverages and I think that is one of the things that is hurting us. Heath made some nice catches even if the SEC office wouldn't allow them. He may be starting to emerge. Osiris is terrible. I wish he would opt out. All he does is drop passes and choke at the worst times. If I'm Rogers I'm never throwing to him again. Especially in the end zone. I wish we would move Payton outside in his place and go with Austin Williams and Cumbest at slot. We need some slot receivers like Jameon Lewis that can get into space and use their shiftyness. Austin Williams is more of a possession guy but isn't going to juke out a bunch of people. We need Teddy Knox to be an immediate impact guy next year. And I'm not sure what's up with Tulu.

I thought the offensive line was inconsistent. And I'd have to look back at it but I thought they played a little better especially when you consider who they were going up against. They still need to improve though. Seemed like Kam Jones played a lot more than I recall.

I thought the defense was OK given who they were going up against. Our walk-on safety got beat a couple of times on corner blitzes but it is what it is. They did better than a lot of people have against Alabama. Especially since the officials were calling PI on any of our guys within five yards of a Bama receiver. Absolutely ridiculous.

Special teams was pretty solid as usual.

Nights like this suck right now- but they will pay off later. Our guys that went Tech and 10 as freshmen ended up winning 7 games as seniors. I bet we look a lot better at home against Vanderbilt and start to see some lessons pay dividends.

He looked stronger and more aggressive to me last night. I think CML's S&C program has really helped him.