Thread: Positives: The O-Line blocked better and the D plays hard...

vCash

Positives: The O-Line blocked better and the D plays hard...

We play with more effort than we did all of last year...Go back and watch the non-tackling Texas AM game, Auburn and the bowl game, we did not play with any effort. I'm willing to give Leach the benefit of the doubt this year and give him a spring and summer to get it right. If we look this lost to start the year next year, I will be concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    We play with more effort than we did all of last year...Go back and watch the non-tackling Texas AM game, Auburn and the bowl game, we did not play with any effort. I'm willing to give Leach the benefit of the doubt this year and give him a spring and summer to get it right. If we look this lost to start the year next year, I will be concerned.
    I think you're right on. Next year when Leach has more of his kind of players running the air raid things will be different.

vCash
    Also Rogers looks good for a true freshman. Throws well, moves well. He seems to have good pocket presence.

"....when he gets his players". I imagine Leach will "get his players this weekend." We will look much much improved this weekend playing a much smaller and slower defense than previous weeks.

vCash
    I look to the 3rd Drive in the 3rd quarter and then the 2nd drive in the 4th quarter as positives. Both drives showed bits and pieces of what this offense should look like. Especially the drive in the 4th quarter. We shoot ourselves in the foot multiple times with penalties on explosive plays but Will is moving the ball well and finding WR’s downfield. This team needs confidence on offense bad and during a normal year they would get it from cupcake non conference opponents. Well next week we get that shot with a bad Vandy team. Will get’s in a flow next week and we beat vandy by 20+ Which gives us some juice for the remaining 4 games.