Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worse Offense in my lifetime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Worst I can remember, I been watching close for over 40 years. For folks trying to compare worst single games, it ain't about that. Try comparing a worse 4 game stretch? Our D has outscored our O over 3 games and they only scored 9. Let that sink in. We've scored 21 O points in 4 games. Except for Bama, these were not top 25 Ds either.
    We were pretty bad in the '60s but it seems like we always, or usually at least, played well against the Bear/Alabama. We're probably worse this year.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    You must be under 12 years old......

See, there was this game back on September 14th where the Mississippi State offense managed a whopping 129 yards of total offense, and the team they did that to was ranked the number 9 team in the country at the time.

Yes, this offense is bad but just like I?ve said the last two years under Moorhead, there has certainly been worse.
    Alabama would have beaten that Auburn team by 80 pts.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We were pretty bad in the '60s but it seems like we always, or usually at least, played well against the Bear/Alabama. We're probably worse this year.
    Totally different era. And based on perception not always totally accurate. Teams didn't score in the 60's like they do now. Beating someone 21-0 then is about like beating someone 35-0 now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You are wrong. There hasn't been worse. This is the worst 4 game stretch in history. Especially when you account for the rules of the game today and the modernation of offenses.
    That's true. With the rules the way they are, eleven grandmas should be able to score 30 points.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Totally different era. And based on perception not always totally accurate. Teams didn't score in the 60's like they do now. Beating someone 21-0 then is about like beating someone 35-0 now.
    Except in 1969, when Houston beat us 74-0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I kind of doubt Costello will be available next weekend.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but Costello being out will help because Rodgers will get all the reps this week. And Leach can't do a damn thing about it. The back-ups will be Justin Stolberg and Alan Walters- two walk-ons.
    Hate if for KJ but Rogers needs to be the QB from here on out. This year is in the dumpster anyway so we are really playing to have a team ready for next year. It does the program no good to start a grad transfer QB this year only to start over with a new QB next year without much game experience. The other thing is we just don't have an OL that can protect for a guy that can't move in the pocket and KJ can't. He looks like Marino after multiple knee surgeries trying to move around back there. Rogers can roll out of there when needed and avoid sacks. Bad issue I guess is what do we do if Will gets hurt as well. I don't even know who our 3rd QB is at the moment?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    nm
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Hate if for KJ but Rogers needs to be the QB from here on out. This year is in the dumpster anyway so we are really playing to have a team ready for next year. It does the program no good to start a grad transfer QB this year only to start over with a new QB next year without much game experience. The other thing is we just don't have an OL that can protect for a guy that can't move in the pocket and KJ can't. He looks like Marino after multiple knee surgeries trying to move around back there. Rogers can roll out of there when needed and avoid sacks. Bad issue I guess is what do we do if Will gets hurt as well. I don't even know who our 3rd QB is at the moment?
    Hindsight is 20-20, but I still think Shrader would have been a better choice for this offense. The kid was talented, wasn't a bad passer, and could run. In this offense, this season with a mediocre OL, we need a QB that can run when nobody is open.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He looked really dazed after that hit last night, and was shaky walking off the field, so he probably won't be allowed to play against Vandy.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Hindsight is 20-20, but I still think Shrader would have been a better choice for this offense. The kid was talented, wasn't a bad passer, and could run. In this offense, this season with a mediocre OL, we need a QB that can run when nobody is open.
    Agree Shrader can complete a 2 yard pass any day. He can also throw pick 6s as good as anyone else. But he can burn the mess out of a 3 man front running. Leach would have looked like a genius but he blew it. Leach is sitting on a goldmine of talent in MS to do new innovative things with a running QB in air raid but he is stuck in 1998.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree Shrader can complete a 2 yard pass any day. He can also throw pick 6s as good as anyone else. But he can burn the mess out of a 3 man front running. Leach would have looked like a genius but he blew it. Leach is sitting on a goldmine of talent in MS to do new innovative things with a running QB in air raid but he is stuck in 1998.
    Nope....MS 5 star talent is equal to AL 3 star talent.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Why is that? Is it coaching and/or facilities? Mississippi has had some the best of the best. Just curious, you would think that regardless of state, the cream always rises to the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Not buying that. I've seen 50 years of ball combined in both states up close.

More NFL talent per capita in MS than anywhere else. Bama keeps more of their talent but I don't think they have much more D1 talent. I have lived in Alabama for 25 years watching 3-7A ball. I don't see it being really any better. I also grew up in MS and played ball against 1-4A talent and there is some serious unknown talent in some of the smaller schools. Hence Chris Jones at Houston. No one knew about him till last minute.

vCash
    I hate to agree on this basedog, but I have too. We had some lean offensive years prior to JWS, but nothing to compare to what we have witnessed so far in 2020. We need some type of effective innovative running attack. I saw Michael Davis a while back, and he looked like he could still suit up and fight for the Maroon and White on the field, and still punish and run over defensive players like he used too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I hate to agree on this basedog, but I have too. We had some lean offensive years prior to JWS, but nothing to compare to what we have witnessed so far in 2020. We need some type of effective innovative running attack. I saw Michael Davis a while back, and he looked like he could still suit up and fight for the Maroon and White on the field, and still punish and run over defensive players like he used too.
    Michael Davis was a man! Nothing soft about him nor that offensive line.