Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    There has only been one team in his past that has run a 3-8 defense against him. Washington the last 6 years;

No other team has tried it until Kentucky, Upig, A&M and now Bama.

I?m going to have to see him beat it before I can agree ?he has never struggled like his?, because he absolutely has struggled like this against the 3-8;
    Last 7 years vs Washington.

vCash
    I can’t believe no pac-12 team tried to copy Washington.

Agree it looks like a hot mess and I’m not sure why. Problem is I don’t think we could run the ball against this defense even if we tried. I think we have more offensive limitations than we realized

vCash
    Didn?t read a lot. I get the complaints but we have internal issues obviously. Now my personal thoughts are that Mississippi had coaching issues but discipline that?s Kiffin has capitalized on. Not much dissension.
    Leach is encountering a backlash of discipline that he wasn?t able to flush out in the Spring. My thoughts are we had several who are so undisciplined that we are having attrition halfway through the season. To me it says we have had players that put their own agenda before the team. And I really think we still have a few half adding their way through the season for the free ride. I may be wrong but no way I?ll ever believe that the effort we see is by a totally bought in team.
    Is it the system? Maybe. But deep down I believe we have several who absolutely don?t give a shit about wearing our colors. No way to win with a group that doesn?t give a shit. We have so many that busy ass but I think there are few that don?t share that belief.
    Again is the system right? I don?t know but I do know nothing will work if you don?t have players that put team over self and I?m saying no staff will survive that attitude

vCash
    Are you seriously blaming discipline on our inability to score a point and taking 6 possessions to get a first down? Some people just refuse to blame a coach around here

vCash
    Yes I am. We lost 7 players 5 weeks into a season. I don?t blame discipline I blame a few that feel entitled that worry about themselves over team. You have your opinions I have mine. There are a few more. And I still see a few playing with a lack of effort maybe you don?t.
    I?m as frustrated as you. Worst stretch I?ve ever seen but I think the housecleaning of players needs to continue

vCash
    I?m so guilty of supporting Moorhead to long but his inability to push players and hold them accountable is causing a lot of this. If it wasn?t tell me why we have mass attrition this late in the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    I?m so guilty of supporting Moorhead to long but his inability to push players and hold them accountable is causing a lot of this. If it wasn?t tell me why we have mass attrition this late in the season
    You should be able to bumble your way into a first down sooner than that. Coaches are laughing at our offensive scheme

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Are you seriously blaming discipline on our inability to score a point and taking 6 possessions to get a first down? Some people just refuse to blame a coach around here
    I think the coach has to always take the lion's share of the blame. It's really miraculous that this ultra rotten culture virus didn't seep into the defense side of the locker room????

vCash
    Maybe we had a rb who divided the other side of the ball and a transfer qb who wasn?t as popular as others. Maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    I think the coach has to always take the lion's share of the blame. It's really miraculous that this ultra rotten culture virus didn't seep into the defense side of the locker room????
    The fact of the matter is some of these players have had three coaches. One was Dan Mullen who some consider our best coach ever, one was Joe Moorhead who many consider an offensive guru, and now Leach.

Eiland has had issues blocking people under all three coaches.
    Osiris Mitchell has had the same issues under all three coaches.
    Hill- I don't care what he says or how he wants to save face- was essentially kicked off the team.

Most of the rest except for Daurean Parker who has been OK are new guys. There is no upperclass leadership on the offensive side of the ball AT ALL. There is no Erroll Thompson or Kobe Jones. And the upperclass guys have been struggling with the same issues under different staffs. So maybe it isn't the coaches- who all have pretty good resume's. The odds that all three coaches are bad at what they do seems unlikely to me.

vCash
    Maybe we had a rb who divided the other side of the ball and a transfer qb who wasn?t as popular as others. Maybe?
    You mean the RB who had one of his most productive games in week 1 and was super excited about it improving his stock? But this same RB somehow soured a week later and created a offensive room so toxic that it left the offense incapable of scoring?

About a year ago, many said it was a rotten defense locker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    You mean the RB who had one of his most productive games in week 1 and was super excited about it improving his stock? But this same RB somehow soured a week later and created a offensive room so toxic that it left the offense incapable of scoring?

About a year ago, many said it was a rotten defense locker room.
    Yep. This one. Just saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Joe Lee Leach.
    Yes I am. We lost 7 players 5 weeks into a season. I don?t blame discipline I blame a few that feel entitled that worry about themselves over team. You have your opinions I have mine. There are a few more. And I still see a few playing with a lack of effort maybe you don?t.
    I?m as frustrated as you. Worst stretch I?ve ever seen but I think the housecleaning of players needs to continue
    The problem with this is only 2 of these have seen the field.

vCash
    You guys can make excuses all day long but Leach is getting paid 5 mil a year to have this team ready to play to the best of their ability. You could make the same excuses plus a dozen more for the defensive side of the ball but you don't need to. This is not a team issue. It's an offensive scheme issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Does he create a 5th play to his 4 play playbook?
    Wouldn't matter. Just would add additional sacks to the opponent's stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I can’t believe no pac-12 team tried to copy Washington.
    Of course they copied Washington. Don't believe no one else tried it
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Although the odd thing about Jackie was no matter who the OC was we still lined up in the I formation and ran the ball.
    That is what most teams did then. We did change some though on O throwing more but we were more balanced. Never abandoned the run - our bread and butter.

vCash
    https://washingtonstate.forums.rival...ve-this.21774/

Just for info....some interesting commentary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    A whole sport evolves and you don't.

Note the other casualties such as Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Brett Bielema, Bobby Petrino, Bo Pelini, etc. etc. etc. What have you done for me lately!!
    If you don't adjust in this day in age you will be toast. To start, Leach will have to add more play action and QB roll outs to ever make this work here.
    How is play action gonna help when we can't run?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The fact of the matter is some of these players have had three coaches. One was Dan Mullen who some consider our best coach ever, one was Joe Moorhead who many consider an offensive guru, and now Leach.

Eiland has had issues blocking people under all three coaches.
    Osiris Mitchell has had the same issues under all three coaches.
    Hill- I don't care what he says or how he wants to save face- was essentially kicked off the team.

Most of the rest except for Daurean Parker who has been OK are new guys. There is no upperclass leadership on the offensive side of the ball AT ALL. There is no Erroll Thompson or Kobe Jones. And the upperclass guys have been struggling with the same issues under different staffs. So maybe it isn't the coaches- who all have pretty good resume's. The odds that all three coaches are bad at what they do seems unlikely to me.
    Also Hill has always been a helmet tapper and china doll fragile.