Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when

vCash

This is what happens when

A whole sport evolves and you don't.

Note the other casualties such as Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Brett Bielema, Bobby Petrino, Bo Pelini, etc. etc. etc. What have you done for me lately!!
    If you don't adjust in this day in age you will be toast. To start, Leach will have to add more play action and QB roll outs to ever make this work here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

Note the other casualties such as Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Brett Bielema, Bobby Petrino, Bo Pelini, etc. etc. etc. What have you done for me lately!!
    If you don't adjust in this day in age you will be toast. To start, Leach will have to add more play action and QB roll outs to ever make this work here.
    He’s not going to...he’s not changing anything...square peg meet round hole

vCash

He's not the solution

vCash
    as I've been saying for 3 weeks now.

vCash
    Which is why next time we hire a coach, the main characteristic we should require behind discipline is adaptability. I don't want a coach married to a system. I want a coach that does whatever it takes to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Which is why next time we hire a coach, the main characteristic we should require behind discipline is adaptability. I don't want a coach married to a system. I want a coach that does whatever it takes to win.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Bingo, and I don't want him to call the plays offensively or defensively. Last time we had that Jackie was patrolling the sidelines and that worked out pretty well.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Bingo, and I don't want him to call the plays offensively or defensively. Last time we had that Jackie was patrolling the sidelines and that worked out pretty well.
    Although the odd thing about Jackie was no matter who the OC was we still lined up in the I formation and ran the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Although the odd thing about Jackie was no matter who the OC was we still lined up in the I formation and ran the ball.
    True somewhat, ran a lot of option as well his first couple of years, and he also ran a lot of shotgun concepts with Fant, but I hear ya,
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Correct and those offenses adjusted to fit the talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    True somewhat, ran a lot of option as well his first couple of years, and he also ran a lot of shotgun concepts with Fant, but I hear ya,
    The option was only really with Watson Brown. And then the option kind of went out of style in the early 90's.

vCash

No it isn't you Forrest Gump wanttobe. It's what happens when you take over a program full of entitles Sloppy Joe arrogant assholes. The rot must be cut out and the rest beat back into shape.

vCash
    Joe Lee Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    No it isn't you Forrest Gump wanttobe. It's what happens when you take over a program full of entitles Sloppy Joe arrogant assholes. The rot must be cut out and the rest beat back into shape.
    I have zero desire to be a shrimp boat captain... or a pirate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    He’s not going to...he’s not changing anything...square peg meet round hole
    He's never struggled like this.

I bet he adjusts in the offseason
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Does he create a 5th play to his 4 play playbook?

vCash

Gun - why do you keep making assumptions that have no merit of coming to be based on history. Do you just go off gut feel or emotion.

vCash
    Gun - why do you keep making assumptions that have no merit of coming to be based on history. Do you just go off gut feel or emotion.
    blind faith with maroon shades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    blind faith with maroon shades.
    I really wish I could have that kind of faith right now... Hope is gone for me

vCash

There has only been one team in his past that has run a 3-8 defense against him. Washington the last 6 years;

No other team has tried it until Kentucky, Upig, A&M and now Bama.

I?m going to have to see him beat it before I can agree ?he has never struggled like his?, because he absolutely has struggled like this against the 3-8;