Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2022 coaching wish list

vCash
    I think this thread was designed for us to talk about get our hopes up for the future. So, in keeping my hopes up, I wanted the entire Cincinnati coaching staff before, and I still do. They seem to just win, that's all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    He goes 3-9 or 4-8 next year and we look like s**t on offense still and I won?t be mad. No way we?re firing him before he gets 3 years. But if we haven?t improved much next season, I wouldn?t be upset if he decided to just throw up the duces and retires away to Key West.

Who?s on your short list of guys you?d look at theoretically *IF* something like what you?re saying happened?
    Next year is going to he a tough season too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Next year is going to he a tough season too.
    That’s what I’m afraid of. I think Rogers is going to be good but he’ll still be a freshman eligibility wise and sophomore experience wise. But even the young WR’s like Walley and Tulu that we expect to be good, they’re not likely to take monster steps forward next season. And although Knox and Nabers are really talented, they’re not Bama or LSU type freshmen WR’s who you expect to come in and instantly be studs (maybe I’m wrong and they do exactly what I’m saying they probably won’t). It’ll take them some time to acclimate. Heath will be back and is going to have to be a legit #1 option for us next year or we’re screwed. Austin Williams is just limited speed/agility/quickness wise and although he’s got the best hands on the team, he just can’t consistently get open against SEC DB’s.

So what do you look at roster-wise for next season for hope that the offense gets going? We’re going to be relying on a young QB, 2 young RB’s, and 3-4 young WR’s (all sophomore/freshmen). Albeit the QB, RB’s and 2 of the young WR’s will have a year in the system, they’re still going to be going against some older, tougher, more experienced guys on defense.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    That?s what I?m afraid of. I think Rogers is going to be good but he?ll still be a freshman eligibility wise and sophomore experience wise. But even the young WR?s like Walley and Tulu that we expect to be good, they?re not likely to take monster steps forward next season. And although Knox and Nabers are really talented, they?re not Bama or LSU type freshmen WR?s who you expect to come in and instantly be studs (maybe I?m wrong and they do exactly what I?m saying they probably won?t). It?ll take them some time to acclimate. Heath will be back and is going to have to be a legit #1 option for us next year or we?re screwed. Austin Williams is just limited speed/agility/quickness wise and although he?s got the best hands on the team, he just can?t consistently get open against SEC DB?s.

So what do you look at roster-wise for next season for hope that the offense gets going? We?re going to be relying on a young QB, 2 young RB?s, and 3-4 young WR?s (all sophomore/freshmen). Albeit the QB, RB?s and 2 of the young WR?s will have a year in the system, they?re still going to be going against some older, tougher, more experienced guys on defense.
    Which is why he'll get a year 3.

IF you can't win in year 3 with 1) a Jr QB you recruited, 2) a highly rated So 4* QB you recruited, 3) 2 Jr 4* RBs, 3) multiple 4* WRs, 4) gifted young 5* and 4* OT's + the Ol you brought in, then you have no excuse. If an O can't work with that it won't work in year 4 or 5

vCash
    Nice fantasy ("what if") thread I guess , but it's not reality. The only way CML will be leaving our football program during the time period indicated is for (1) he decides that he wants to go to another university or college; (2) he decides to hang it up and retire in FL or anywhere else he chooses; and then (3) If he violates something in his contract that warrants termination. Other than that, if he is in good health,where he can continue to coach, he will be our football coach in 2022.

vCash
    Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Don't forget Urban Meyer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    LOL Let's just wait and see who wins the Super Bowl and then hire the winning HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Say we go 2-8 and 3-9, and can?t score next year either. After he took over a program that had been to 10 straight bowl games. I think it?s a close question whether he?s back or not
    the fact this is being discussed five games into his first season is asinine. Some of you need some hobbies or a BJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    the fact this is being discussed five games into his first season is asinine. Some of you need some hobbies or a BJ.
    Coach34 can't see his penis so that's off the table for him.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Luke Fickell, but I'm afraid long gone from Cincy by then. He's Vrabel at the collegiate level. It's who we should've hired this time.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    **** it, Hugh Freeze.
    If USM was smart they would be all over Hugh Freeze. The guy can obviously coach. He has won everywhere he has gone. He deserves a another chance and USM could get their program turned around in a hurry.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We have a winner. Some of yall need to back off of the ledge. This isn't life or death. We are probably running through some savings already as is with COVID cutting into $$. We simply can't afford to fire him after next year.

Give the guy a break and a chance to get acclimated. He may never win much of anything here but expecting to in year one of a screwed up year already is dumb. Some of yall sound like those millennials you are always complaining about wanting instant gratification. Seems like some of you older dogs want the same thing, INSTANT GRATIFICATION.