Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo rules violations

vCash
    Leach has been successful everywhere he has been. THe only Q on Leach is if Leach has been figured out and if his offense will continue to work. He has been running the same thing for 20 years. We shall see.

In 2020, Sarks offense is kicking ass. Leaches....not so much. Yeah, Bama has 5*s. However, State has lost all games this year vs roughly equal talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach ultimately failed at Tech and was run off. WSU was glad he left. Sark has more upside.
    This is dumb.

vCash
    Leach is a dinosaur looking to go extinct.
    So many are willing to sell their soul to win. If you think the culture was bad, wait till you have a whole team of pot addicted players. Saban ain't going to put up with that either.

Based on feedback on/off campus by students there, the pot problem has gotten worse with Covid school. A few housing locations have pot smokestacks.

No society has ever achieved or sustained success when it loses its moral compass. That is what you see happening in America right now. I don't want our football program to be part of that.

vCash
    You know it is simply possible that we was simply a really good coach for a long time who is struggling to adapt his offense to one particular defense. There is no reason to try and pretend that Leach isn't a good coach, he absolutely has been a successful coach at programs where winning has been damn near impossible.

It's also possible that his offense really struggles against athletic defenses that run a 3-8 zone. Both things can be true. So far, they sure seem like they are true.

It is up to Leach to adapt his offense to defeat the 3-8. I think he can do it, my concern is that I'm almost positive he won't.

vCash
    If you're fired or run off, you failed. He was fired at TexasTech.... that's failing.
    Your wrong.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Your wrong.
    Was he not fired? If football were a Corporate setting the reasoning behind his firing and mass exodus leaving with more to come according to Leach would bring red flags and warrant an investigation. I'm never on the jump to protect a coach and make him right because he's in an authoritative seat. It is what it is. We'll see whose right. It will take less than 24 months. If we lose to Ole Miss everyone that's protecting him now we sing a new tune.

vCash
    Some of y'all really make me appreciate the ignore feature, some stupid sh!te being posted 'round here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    So many are willing to sell their soul to win. If you think the culture was bad, wait till you have a whole team of pot addicted players. Saban ain't going to put up with that either.

Based on feedback on/off campus by students there, the pot problem has gotten worse with Covid school. A few housing locations have pot smokestacks.

No society has ever achieved or sustained success when it loses its moral compass. That is what you see happening in America right now. I don't want our football program to be part of that.
    Good one! Tried to give rep but have to spread it around more first.

vCash

What on earth are you talking about? Feedback? Pot smokestacks?

Because of COVID??? Either they are going to smoke or they aren't Covid has nothing to do with it.

Are you saying students are volunteering information about their smoking habits to what? A poll of some sort collecting feedback?

vCash
    So many are willing to sell their soul to win. If you think the culture was bad, wait till you have a whole team of alcohol addicted players. Saban ain't going to put up with that either.

Based on feedback on/off campus by students there, the alcohol problem has gotten worse with Covid school. [Not sure what a "smokestack" is in regards to housing]

Just out of curiosity, would you say my edits to your post changed the message in any meaningful way?

In response to the thread in general, do we have a shred of confirmation yet that weed was the specific offense, or that Leach's zero-tolerance drug policy extends to weed?
    Last edited by thf24; 10-29-2020 at 01:34 PM.

vCash

Smoking a natural plant is immoral.....?

Get a grip.

Way worse problems than that in our society if you are pointing to morals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    then why doesn't his head coaching record reflect that?
    Because he was a drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Young upcoming?

He's already failed at 2 blue bloods. There's a lot more to running a program than just being a bright offensive mind.
    He got fired at SC because he was showing up at practice stone drunk, as in slurring his words and staggering. He was drinking in the locker room. He was having the same problems at Washington. He was a very good assistant at SC under Pete Carroll. Now he is under Saban and doing another great job. The man can coach, when he is sober.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He got fired at SC because he was showing up at practice stone drunk, as in slurring his words and staggering. He was drinking in the locker room. He was having the same problems at Washington. He was a very good assistant at SC under Pete Carroll. Now he is under Saban and doing another great job. The man can coach, when he is sober.
    He may be successful somewhere, but you've yet to give a convincing argument to why any sane person would hire him over Leach.

So I get a worse record than Leach and alcohol in his past?

But since he's young and upcoming, I'm supposed to believe that's a better hire?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If you're fired or run off, you failed. He was fired at TexasTech.... that's failing.
    Texas Tech would take him back in a heart beat now. He won 8 games or more there 8 years in a row, they've only had two 8 win seasons total in the decade since they ran him off. They had Patrick freaking Mahomes and the best record they could put together with that kind of talent at QB was 7-6. Also, it's widely known that Leach's firing was highly controversial and the texbook definition of booster meddling.

Surely you're not this ill-informed.

vCash

Dude you just lost ALL credibility

Leach ultimately failed at Tech and was run off. WSU was glad he left. Sark has more upside.
    with that statement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Texas Tech would take him back in a heart beat now. He won 8 games or more there 8 years in a row, they've only had two 8 win seasons total in the decade since they ran him off. They had Patrick freaking Mahomes and the best record they could put together with that kind of talent at QB was 7-6. Also, it's widely known that Leach's firing was highly controversial and the texbook definition of booster meddling.

Surely you're not this ill-informed.
    Boosters get 90% of coaches fired. Leach made the University look bad so he had to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    with that statement
    If you say so. The major universities have been willing to give sarkisian a chance verses Leach explain that to me? Someone upside is greater than the other when it comes to major universities. Leach has been turned down for every major job with the exception of us, if you want to call MSU high profile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yeah.... Alabama only leads the conference in all but one offensive category. #3 in the nation in offense.

But whatever ..... I'm not arguing with you. We can revisit this topic at seasons end.
    Would Leach's offense be as successful as Alabama's both running and passing with the players on Alabama's team?

What do you think the stats would look like against the 4 teams we have played?

vCash
    I've read a lot of dumb things on message boards, but few that made me laugh as much as this one.