Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts On What is Going on With Our Football Program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonBelle View Post
    Arkansas players seem to actually like their coach and enjoy playing for him. You can clean house all you want but you have to wonder what this looks like to prospects.
    I agree that most of Leach's players famously don't like him. Hasn't mattered that much, but I'll be curious to see if that holds up in a league like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    What's happening now is Leach is late to the party imo. Losing this amount of players can be detrimental unless he's got a plan. The fact that he can't adjust on the field makes me wonder. He's not a players coach it seems, hard core old school.
    Old school is good.

And yes, this likely would've been take care of in Spring practice, but that couldn't happen
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I agree that most of Leach's players famously don't like him. Hasn't mattered that much, but I'll be curious to see if that holds up in a league like this.
    I see no adjustments on the field so for, I wonder about his recruiting, we are ok on defense right now but I wonder how the future will be with such an offensive HC.

I'm old school, I think you have to mix it up some with the run/pass.

vCash
    Honestly, I would like our players to enjoy playing here. Enjoy being a part of the program. I just don't know how you build a program at a school with the limitations we have without that. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a lack of discipline but there has to be some middle ground in here somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Everyone knows the "Don't widen the plate" story don't they? Leach ain't widening the plate for anyone. That can still work even in todays soft, me first culture.
    I'm not going to lie, Leach's Mormon beliefs with our recruiting footprint could cause situations like this to continue. I'm clearly just speculating. All of these players are probably leaving for different reasons. But there has to be a certain degree of flexibilty. If you set the precedent, for example, that 1 failed drug test for weed gets you kicked off. Then you have to follow that for every single player going forward. We might not have any good WR's in the future.

vCash
    Honestly, I would like our players to enjoy playing here. Enjoy being a part of the program. I just don't know how you build a program at a school with the limitations we have without that. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a lack of discipline but there has to be some middle ground in here somewhere.
    Well said.

vCash
    *If* leach doesn?t work out, I?m at least glad that the next guy will have a disciplined foundation. Maybe Mullen will be closer to having a coaching tree by then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Everyone knows the "Don't widen the plate" story don't they? Leach ain't widening the plate for anyone. That can still work even in todays soft, me first culture.
    It can still work but it’s getting harder as a high majority of kids today don’t have much of a work ethic or respect for authority. My brother quit coaching HS basketball a few years back because he just couldn’t take the kids anymore.

Now I’m all for what Leach is doing especially for those that violated known team rules. We know this locker room is a bit short on leaders so for now the coach has to do the dirty work.

The hope is he’s able to find some great players that are also great locker room guys like Mullen has in his best teams

vCash
    Exactly. And that concept doesn't really matter when you play for a TT or WSU, but it absolutely does when you play for a school in the SEC. When our guys go play in the NFL, it makes us look good for them to plug MSU every chance they get (like a Dak, for example). Not having those type of guys, and that type of player-program nostalgia and support will only hurt us long term...

Especially in recruiting...

vCash
    The most fun any player can ever have is to win, have structure, and get better as a human.

There's a reason that the bond between soldiers that went to war together is among the closest bonds that humans can experience and it shows that going through hardship, struggle, & adversity together builds the strongest units.

Once Leach gets this right, our program will be unbelievably fun to play for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Exactly. And that concept doesn't really matter when you play for a TT or WSU, but it absolutely does when you play for a school in the SEC. When our guys go play in the NFL, it makes us look good for them to plug MSU every chance they get (like a Dak, for example). Not having those type of guys, and that type of player-program nostalgia and support will only hurt us long term...

Especially in recruiting...
    You get through pride. Pride isn't build without a program based on pride and overcoming adversity.

We can't beat Bama on talent. The only way we can beat them is to be more discipline and play together better. Leach is doing that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The most fun any player can ever have is to win, have structure, and get better as a human.

There's a reason that the bond between soldiers that went to war together is among the closest bonds that humans can experience and it shows that going through hardship, struggle, & adversity together builds the strongest units.

Once Leach gets this right, our program will be unbelievably fun to play for
    But his own former players generally don?t say that.

vCash
    My problem with the latest 3 are they were brought in under him. That's a red flag to me. Its gonna be ugly for a while.

vCash
    But his own former players generally don?t say that.
    You have a link on that? I haven't hear that

vCash
    Ponder this...

Why do you think Leach has the best coaching tree in football? You think it's just because of scheme or other stuff as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    My problem with the latest 3 are they were brought in under him. That's a red flag to me. Its gonna be ugly for a while.
    ehh. first year. Not sure how well he knew them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You get through pride. Pride isn't build without a program based on pride and overcoming adversity.

We can't beat Bama on talent. The only way we can beat them is to be more discipline and play together better. Leach is doing that
    You think Leach is gonna out discipline Saban? Please. But you know what? Far as I know Saban's players still like him. There are ways and there are ways. We'll see how Leach's ways work here.