Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts On What is Going on With Our Football Program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You can talk recruiting and who the "real South" is all you want. It doesn't make one 17 of a difference because here's the simple facts, winning solves all problems. Dan was an ass to 95% of our players, but they'd go to war for him. Hev was an ass to 100% of our players but they'd run through a brick wall for him. Program toughness and pride is what we had under Dan and what we lost under Joe. He might've been a likable guy, but he was a HORRENDOUS HC and program CEO. Leach is trying to bring that back and I applaud him for that. Will it work? Who the hell knows, but I can guarandamntee you another 2 to 3 years of Moorhead would've had cultural problems that make what we're going through now a cakewalk. I'm on record as saying I don't think the pure air raid can work, but that's a discussion for another time and a year from now. Right now, the discussion needs to be who are going to be the leaders on our team. I've heard too many stories to count of the lax program attitude under Moorhead, enough to make you physically ill. I haven't heard any of that under Mike. Look, if there's fans that want to jump ship then that is completely fine. I, along with many others, were here before the Dan Mullen bandwagon fans came aboard, we'll be here after they're gone, and we'll still be here when they try to rejoin us. Whether that be with Leach or another coach.
    I like your posts, but man, how about a new paragraph or a line-break every once in a while. But don't be like Shotgun and have a line-break after every single sentence. Lolz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I like your posts, but man, how about a new paragraph or a line-break every once in a while. But don't be like Shotgun and have a line-break after every single sentence. Lolz
    What

Are

You

Talking

About?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What

Are

You

Talking

About?
    You do reply like Leach's offense spread on the O Line***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    How many years will it take us to be competitive with UK and UPig?
    I bet if you played them, "today," you would see a different and better team!

vCash
    What happened for the new coach is he did not have the spring to weed the chaff.

vCash
    This whole conversation would be totally different if we had pulled out wins vs Ark and KY and we had chances to win both despite the turnovers. Even if we had just barely won.

Right now we all wish we would run the ball against that 3-8 look but we also have to remember that Leach hasn’t probably had a qb play this poorly for a while. I’d love to know what the offensive coaches talk about when they watch the past 3 films

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonBelle View Post
    Arkansas players seem to actually like their coach and enjoy playing for him. You can clean house all you want but you have to wonder what this looks like to prospects.
    Nothing wrong with a little self weeding. I'm positive Coach doesn't mind a player thinking I do not want to go there if they do not have the character of wanting to grow up and be all they can be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    That's pretty good
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    He's method acting being Leach to get into his head better. He'll bring the results to us in a 14 post series

vCash
    Arkansas players seem to actually like their coach and enjoy playing for him. You can clean house all you want but you have to wonder what this looks like to prospects.
    If we were 4-0 all the players would love Leach. How you handle adversity is what separates the men from the boys. We will be fine.

vCash
    Here is what some idiot writer said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-nfl-today

How many believe VL would not be a Super Bowl winning coach today in the NFL.

vCash
    Are the guys we’ve seen being leaders - Payton, Jones, Thompson, Brule saying anything on Twitter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    LOL at the people wanting us to be a program that "our players like" who probably also railed Joe for a lack of discipline. Which was the result of him trying to have a program that our players liked.

Some of our issues on offense are discipline/sloppiness related- the WR's in particular.

Also- LOL at the people that think that we won't recruit Mississippi well just by looking at the rankings this year and the ins that we have for the class of 2022 already.

Some of our fans are so bad about talking out of both sides of their mouth. "We want a disciplined hard working team! But we want to the players to have fun all the time and Leach is wrong for kicking players off the team that don't follow the rules!"

This is the exact same shit from our fans that happened with Cohen as the baseball coach. The year before we hired Cohen "Our team is soft!" And then we hire Cohen "I don't like how he cusses at our players and he bunts too much."

The ONLY thing I have ever figured out about MSU fans is they want the exact OPPOSITE of whatever it is that MSU has at that moment. It seems like all of our fans want is some quick fix where the coach calls some cute play- but involving a QB run of course- otherwise that's going to get bitched about- to get us to the Liberty Bowl.

And before the "But....but....but Arkansas and Kentucky!" posts come- Arkansas had literally nowhere to go but up. They had completely turned on Morris- so of course they had nowhere to go but up. Beating us is about like beating Alabama for MSU. Stoops has been at UK for years and he has had several good teams now. Them beating us in Lexington shouldn't be a surprise since we haven't won there since 2014.

In the offseason we had fans like "I know there is going to be an adjustment". We have Leach's track record at Texas Tech and Wazzu to show that there is an adjustment period. AND YET we still have idiot stupid ass fans like "I don't know about this".
    Excellent post

vCash
    You think Leach is gonna out discipline Saban? Please. But you know what? Far as I know Saban's players still like him. There are ways and there are ways. We'll see how Leach's ways work here.
    Saban caters to his trouble players all the time. The media is just too scared to talk about it. Saban rides his coaches way more than players which is typical for the CEO position.

vCash
    You can always tell when adversity strikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You can always tell when adversity strikes
    I assume the players remaining are ready to play.
    But if anything it should be easy to sell recruits playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    MSU fans just want a good meal, but most have no idea how it's cooked.

Can't blame them. Unless you've played or been a part of a sport at a high level, how would you know?
    You never have described yourself so well in a post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Are the guys we’ve seen being leaders - Payton, Jones, Thompson, Brule saying anything on Twitter?
    What could they say that would make you feel better?

Making a post or statement on Twitter doesn't make you a "leader". (Example: K. Hill)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You never have described yourself so well in a post.
    Didn't shotgun play football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    What happened for the new coach is he did not have the spring to weed the chaff.
    The offense sucks..... Leach is finding the players that will make it better. We don't see defensive players leaving the team for a reason.