Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shavers is the only transfer that bothers me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If it were any other position, I'd agree, but OL are different to me. Especially in this scheme when we really have no idea what they value. OL are the hardest to evaluate.
    Leach knows what to look for in OL for his scheme. He found plenty of 2 stars at TT and Wazzu that wound up looking a lot better than they should have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Mullen is gone. Mullen would not win 11 games at Texas Tech or WSU. He just wouldn?t. Good coach both are but you sound like the ex who can?t move on
    Why wouldn't mullen win 11 at T tech or WSU? When he took state over we were in just as bad a shape as both of those programs? We were coming off years where we had lost to teams named Maine... Let me repeat that, Maine. He won 10 with an SEC slate. You don't think he could have success in two conferences that don't play defense where you might play 1 0r 2 tough games a year?

We were much more similar to Texas Tech/WSU than we were Alabama, LSU, UGA at that point in time and it's not close.