Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shavers is the only transfer that bothers me

vCash

Shavers is the only transfer that bothers me

I don't mind most of these transfers but Shavers bothers me. This is a kid that waited his turn at Bama under Saban and hasn't ever been a problem kid from everything we know on him.

If he can handle Saban what is his problem with Leach? Saban is a hard nosed old school coach, he stuck it out under him for several years and now can't handle Leach?

That one doesn't make sense to me and he seemed like a guy that could really help bridge the gap at WR until Leach got some of his guys in there.

What am I missing?

vCash
    Was wondering the same thing. Something's up. He knew what he was getting into. Maybe he got passed on the depth chart......I'm hoping it's something as simple as that.

vCash
    He may have failed a drug test, which Leach says he has no patience for in "Swing your Sword"

Leach is looking for players that ALL IN and if you choose to do drugs when you know it's against the rules, then you're not ALL IN. It's that simple
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I dont like the fact that drugs are being insinuated. Maybe guys are seeing this offense and Leach won't work in the SEC. As mentioned by someone else, Shavers is coming from Alabama and Nick Saban is one of the hardest coaches in the nation to play for, seeing him leave is odd.. I was very excited when we hired him, and I hope he gets this thing turned around, but I haven't liked what I have seen with this offense or our program so far.

vCash
    Shavers was on pace to have less than 300 yards this year. I don't see a huge loss.

vCash
    Maybe he is just tired of the "grind" with playing football. It happens.

vCash
    Saban allows drugs on his team (as long as you can play). Leach does not. It's probably as simple as that.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sts-at-alabama

vCash
    Rules don't apply to Alabama.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You're going to have about 10 more chances to be bothered. Buckle up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    You're going to have about 10 more chances to be bothered. Buckle up.
    Why do you say that? Do you know who the additional 10 are?

vCash
    I am beginning to believe the narrative that it was Keenum who forced Cohen's hand on firing Moorhead as he learned about the internal problems and wanted the program cleaned up and many of us regular fans did not know how tainted the locker room actually was..we only saw the underperformance on the field and wondered what the real problem was when talent and ability were not matching performance. Maybe now we really more fully understand what the real problems were.

vCash
    Well it was said his was not “voluntary” which means he broke a team of rule of some kind that you can’t come back from.

I’m sure there will be more - just got to ride the wave at this point

vCash
    Leach will not be successful trying to be this hard. Croom did the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    I am beginning to believe the narrative that it was Keenum who forced Cohen's hand on firing Moorhead as he learned about the internal problems and wanted the program cleaned up and many of us regular fans did not know how tainted the locker room actually was..we only saw the underperformance on the field and wondered what the real problem was when talent and ability were not matching performance. Maybe now we really more fully understand what the real problems were.
    Cohen wasn't forced into firing Moorhead. It was Keanum's crap that kept him on, totally screwed up the deal with Napier and lead to the hiring of the pirate. And this is a throwaway season. Leach will get at least 4 more after this to prove he can win in the SEC. I personally think we will be competitive next year and see the reason we brought him in the next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Trying to be hard wasn't Croom's problem. Croom's problem was that he didn't have a lick of sense of how to coach offense
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Trying to be hard wasn't Croom's problem. Croom's problem was that he didn't have a lick of sense of how to coach offense
    Nor does Leach in 2020.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Then **** our players then. Dan wasn't hard on our guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Cohen wasn't forced into firing Moorhead. It was Keanum's crap that kept him on, totally screwed up the deal with Napier and lead to the hiring of the pirate. And this is a throwaway season. Leach will get at least 4 more after this to prove he can win in the SEC. I personally think we will be competitive next year and see the reason we brought him in the next.
    By Keenum you mean lining up the boosters on his side to get the money to fire him. I don't think either Cohen or Keenum had a problem firing him- but the money has to be there and the people that have it and can use have to be persuaded to use it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Why do you say that? Do you know who the additional 10 are?
    I was told a number, not names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Then **** our players then. Dan wasn't hard on our guys?
    Dan connected with his players. Leach is not attempting to relate. Also, Dan can coach circles around Leach