Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cowboys tank is on

vCash

The Cowboys tank is on

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowb...dvKlQUKCaQTV6w

They're all in for Fields or Trevor I think. I hope Dak goes to New England or Colts, think he can win multiple SB at either. Dallas is such a trash organization right now, I hope he gets out this year.

vCash
    I don't that trading him is indicative of them trying to tank, tbh.

Also, anyone with a brain and functional eyes can see Dallas' problems are not in anyway connected to the QB position....so going all out to get a rookie QB with a top pick will improve them literally zero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Also, anyone with a brain and functional eyes can see Dallas' problems are not in anyway connected to the QB position....so going all out to get a rookie QB with a top pick will improve them literally zero.
    It's Jerry Jones. Nothing there makes sense.

vCash

What it will do is get them out of having to pay Dak because they have a lot of holes to fill and a lot of current contracts that aren't paying off.

But I agree on griffin - he has not lived up to expectations and some believe he is the locker room cancer that ran his mouth to Jane Slater.

vCash
    I don't know they're all in on a QB, I read on reddit.com/r/Cowboys that they need cap space freed up.

Plus, they need help at S, CB, Lb (if they get rid of Jaylon Smith), DT and DE (if Tank actually performs like he's capable of they can skip DE). On O they need to replace the interior OL and in a year will have to use a 1st on a Tyron Smith replacement.

Basically, they need picks, and since this year is out they may as well do a firesale. There's still no getting this group into a SB contender within the next 3 years, and I don't think McCarthy is the guy either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I don't know they're all in on a QB, I read on reddit.com/r/Cowboys that they need cap space freed up.

Plus, they need help at S, CB, Lb (if they get rid of Jaylon Smith), DT and DE (if Tank actually performs like he's capable of they can skip DE). On O they need to replace the interior OL and in a year will have to use a 1st on a Tyron Smith replacement.

Basically, they need picks, and since this year is out they may as well do a firesale. There's still no getting this group into a SB contender within the next 3 years, and I don't think McCarthy is the guy either
    Well this is the point. If you can get Fields or Trevor at 18 mil for 4 years that's half of what you'd have to pay Dak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    He's definitely the number one problem, but this coaching staff (which he picked) evidently can't evaluate talent either.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Well this is the point. If you can get Fields or Trevor at 18 mil for 4 years that's half of what you'd have to pay Dak
    But it's going to be hard to outtank the jets, Texans, Jags, bengals.... I guess they may as well go for it but especially with how bad the East is it'll be hard not to win more than those teams. No, teams like a bengals or Texans don't need Fields, but I think if they had a high enough spot to grab him they'd trade back to someone who does

vCash
    No arguments from me on that point, lol.

To your previous post, I'd love to see Dak in New England, both for him as a player, and selfishly for me as a fan. Still a big market team, but with a much better coach, infrastructure, and culture of winning, and I'd actually have a reason to go see the Pats play.

Dak would absolutely kill it in NE.

vCash
    But it's going to be hard to outtank the jets, Texans, Jags, bengals.... I guess they may as well go for it but especially with how bad the East is it'll be hard not to win more than those teams. No, teams like a bengals or Texans don't need Fields, but I think if they had a high enough spot to grab him they'd trade back to someone who does
    Texans and Bengals will finish better. Giants TBD. I mean Dallas has probably the worst defense i've ever seen in the NFL, and the article I linked is them releasing 3 D starters. I don't think top 2 pick is out of the realm, and top 4 seems probable. We'll see if they like Lance if they don't get the first 2. Either way, I hate the Cowboys, think they've treated Dak poorly, and Jerry is a cancer so hoping he gets traded. He can make an 8-8 team with a mediocre QB a contender. See Bears, Colts, Patriots....

vCash
    No arguments from me on that point, lol.

To your previous post, I'd love to see Dak in New England, both for him as a player, and selfishly for me as a fan. Still a big market team, but with a much better coach, infrastructure, and culture of winning, and I'd actually have a reason to go see the Pats play.

Dak would absolutely kill it in NE.
    My dream would be to see Dak in NE. I'm a Pats fan and adding Dak would be awesome. The Pats have cap issues though and I can't see them being able to afford him. Would be awesome though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    My dream would be to see Dak in NE. I'm a Pats fan and adding Dak would be awesome. The Pats have cap issues though and I can't see them being able to afford him. Would be awesome though!
    Patriots have no cap space issues. They have Tom and ABs dead money this year... think its around 20 mil then its off the books June 1st. They will be swimming in money for 2021, signing Dak wouldn't be an issue from a cap space standpoint

vCash
    Patriots have no cap space issues. They have Tom and ABs dead money this year... think its around 20 mil then its off the books June 1st. They will be swimming in money for 2021, signing Dak wouldn't be an issue from a cap space standpoint
    I hope that's true but that's not what i've been hearing on the Pats message boards. Hope you're right.

vCash
    I hope that's true but that's not what i've been hearing on the Pats message boards. Hope you're right.
    Cap space is public, you can go look it up: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engl...iots/cap/2021/

Estimated at 70 mil+ for 2021

vCash
    Cap space is public, you can go look it up: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engl...iots/cap/2021/

Estimated at 70 mil+ for 2021
    Appreciate that. I can only hope Dak goes to NE. BB can be tight with the checkbook though.

vCash
    Appreciate that. I can only hope Dak goes to NE. BB can be tight with the checkbook though.
    That's the main reason he wouldn't go, plus they have no WR's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That's the main reason he wouldn't go, plus they have no WR's.
    Agree on all that and Edelman is all they got. BB got work to do.

vCash
    Nah. Dak needs to be a steeler. Let Ben ride off in the sunset and give Dak some awesome targets.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Texans don't have any early round draft picks because of Bill O.

vCash
    In all honesty what the Cowboys can possibly do in this next draft could set them up for years. If they can get slotted 3-5 in the draft order, its perfect for them! Teams looking for a QB make a blockbuster trade sending between 1-3 1st rd picks(between 2021-2022 drafts) as well as a few 2nd/3rd/4th rounders thrown in. This gives you the availability to turn that one pick into possibly 4-5 early picks where you sure up that OL(OT to repair the line), Find that Byron Jones replacement (Should have let Cooper leave and pay Byron), pick up a stud LB(Get the hell up outta that stupid ass Jaylon Smith contract), and find a RB so you can drop Zeke and that monstrosity of a contract for someone who was supposed to be the stud horse(See stats without Dak, BADDDD).
    In doing this you flip the Cowboys quickly back into the mix and over the hump, and have plenty of Cap to pay Dak comfortably(pending he comes back healthy)
    That top 5 pick could flip the franchise if dealt with correctly!