Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl Say He Expects Costello to Start at QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Alabama will shut us down defensively but this is extremely poor logic. Alabama isn't that good on defense. They are slightly above average. If we will play Will against Kentucky and A&M there is no reason to be scared against Alabama.
    Logic? Bruh, have you seen our O line lately?

vCash
    It is the second biggest issue on our team. When the first biggest issue on your team is not being able to block, you better have a quarterback that can get out of the way.
    Nah, biggest issue is coaching/scheme attack plan vs the 3-8. Then it's Oline, though that's not really fair given we are asking guys to block 1 on 1, on an island, against SEC dlinemen who know we are going to pass and who don't have to respect a run game or a running QB. Then it's below average talent at WR. Then it's youth and size at RB. And last but not least, it's the QB.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Logic? Bruh, have you seen our O line lately?
    Yes, they are atrocious. What good is not starting Will if we are just going to put him in there midway through the second quarter down 28 to nothing against the same defense? Unless your answer is to just not play Will at all this year because our OL sucks against everyone. Alabama isn't any more special than anyone else we are playing defensively. They score 100 points a game, but they won't kill Will any worse than the last 2 defenses he played against.

vCash
    The way our OLine has been playing, we'd be better off lining up a RB at QB and just plunging forward every play. Otherwise we may have no scholarship QB's healthy after Saturday

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Nah, biggest issue is coaching/scheme attack plan vs the 3-8. Then it's Oline, though that's not really fair given we are asking guys to block 1 on 1, on an island, against SEC dlinemen who know we are going to pass and who don't have to respect a run game or a running QB. Then it's below average talent at WR. Then it's youth and size at RB. And last but not least, it's the QB.
    Mike Leach had a 7-2 record against that same "SEC program" running the same scheme against the same caliber athletes he faced 2 weeks ago. He did it against USC and Oregon as well as Texas and Oklahoma and Ole Miss. This isn't a scheme problem and he's attacking the defense the same way he did at other programs. If you want to argue he doesn't have the athletes to run his scheme yet and he's stupid for doing that before he gets his athletes, ok. That's just a difference of opinion. If you think this isn't going to work all together, you are going to look like a fool in a year or 2. Our quarterback play (with KJ) is about as bad as it can possibly get. Osirus was a complete baby on that catch at Kentucky, but KJ has been by far the bigger of the problem out of those 2 groups.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-28-2020 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    Who on earth can watch the last 3 games Costello played and say "sign me up for more of that shit please!"

It does absolutely no good for our program to keep sending him back out there. Moorhead learned this the hard way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Who on earth can watch the last 3 games Costello played and say "sign me up for more of that shit please!"

It does absolutely no good for our program to keep sending him back out there. Moorhead learned this the hard way.
    I've already deleted the last 3 games from the DVR as I know I'll never re-watch those games again ..... and I'm clinging to hope that some of these guys are right about turning the corner
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Leach knows more than me, but, with my limited knowledge of what goes on in practice, I disagree with this.

Rosebowl said last week he expected Rogers but now expects Costello

My only thought is that Costello must have torn it up at practice the past two weeks because in games he clearly isn't better than Rogers.

If Leach is doing this because he's worried about Rogers' mentality, then I really disagree with the move. You can't hide players. The good ones step up and get it done.

Just playing Costello with the expectation that he'll suck is absolutely absurd to me.
    Costello may not walk off the field in this game. Then we will have to play Will and hope he can survive the season without major injury.

vCash
    The LSU game proved that the air raid is prolific, even with a locker room full of malcontents, when the defense plays horrible man coverage. Arkansas, UK, and A&M proved that the air raid can't get off the ground against average zone defenses. Getting you arse handed to you every week will exponentially decrease trust in the locker room and increase malcontents. These players know enough about the game to understand the proper attack for 3-8 defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    The LSU game proved that the air raid is prolific, even with a locker room full of malcontents, when the defense plays horrible man coverage. Arkansas, UK, and A&M proved that the air raid can't get off the ground against average zone defenses. Getting you arse handed to you every week will exponentially decrease trust in the locker room and increase malcontents. These players know enough about the game to understand the proper attack for 3-8 defenses.
    R-U-N the ball with someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Costello may not walk off the field in this game. Then we will have to play Will and hope he can survive the season without major injury.
    So does Leach run the air raid without a QB? Might be interesting to see how dug in he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Nothing has changed. This is conceding a loss to protect Rogers for next week.
    His first start being against Alabama would be a tough row to hoe for freshman Rogers. Probably a good move on Leach's part.

vCash
    If he starts Costello after these practices he is doing it bc he thinks we have no chance. Rogers is better it is not close

vCash
    It doesn?t do us much good to play Costello in my opinion. To add, by start I don?t mean whoever runs out there first, I mean who gets the most snaps. And if we want to win the one who should get them is 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    His first start being against Alabama would be a tough row to hoe for freshman Rogers. Probably a good move on Leach's part.
    I want our future QB to face as many tough rows as possible. That's how you get better.

He gets nothing out of sitting the bench
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We have already played defenses as good as Alabama and will play more defenses as good as Alabama going forward. Will has already faced 2 defenses on par with Alabama. This logic makes zero sense. Alabama scoring 200 points on us because they have the best offense on the planet doesn’t make their defense any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It doesn?t do us much good to play Costello in my opinion. To add, by start I don?t mean whoever runs out there first, I mean who gets the most snaps. And if we want to win the one who should get them is 2
    And I would rather his first start against them be this year vs. next so he can build confidence and not be nervous to face them next year when it hopefully matters more.

vCash
    We have already played defenses as good as Alabama and will play more defenses as good as Alabama going forward. Will has already faced 2 defenses on par with Alabama. This logic makes zero sense. Alabama scoring 200 points on us because they have the best offense on the planet doesn’t make their defense any better.
    no.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    no.
    I agree.

vCash
    They will be far and away the best defense we have seen. And give our defense the credit they deserve. People giving 65 points to Alabama forget we actually play defense. Costello and the online aren't on that side of the ball too.