Thread: OT: Metal Buildings

vCash

OT: Metal Buildings

We are looking at adding a 3 car metal garage on our property and I?m wondering if anyone on here has any experience with purchasing and getting these things installed or know of a good company to work with in the northeast MS area.

vCash
    Sending a DM

ETA - DM Sent
    Last edited by huffy; 10-27-2020 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    I recently built a metal building in Starkville. There are lots of companies out there, and we ended up buying from Reed's Metal. They were easy to deal with and everything was delivered on time.

They do offer installing/construction , but I have heard horror stories from using their contractors. I used someone I know locally to install mine.

vCash
    We used Magnum Metals in Nettleton for a hunting cabin. Very pleased. They designed the building to fit an existing foundation so it was more than a cookie cutter building. I would recommend them.

vCash
    Sent you a DM. I own a metal building company, but happy to just help quality control any bids or questions you might have with receiving bids.

vCash
    Thank you all. Great leads and I’ll be in touch with some of y’all.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Square footage? Slab? Budget?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Square footage? Slab? Budget?
    3 car. We are thinking 36x40 for storage room in the back. Front three portals don’t need a garage door going to leave them open. Small 6x6 roll up door on the back of it. Not running it with electric or finishing out the I side for now. We will pour in a slab to set it on but have to get dirt work done first as we are on a low grade hill. Budget is...I don’t know. Trying to just get a general idea of going rates.

vCash
    I was looking to get a 20x30 myself with 14 eaves and two 12x12 doors on the front and one on the right front side with a lean to on that side as well.

A lot of what I see is this box tubing shed stuff and I?m used to seeing the old red/brown coated steel buildings with girders and cables running across the ceiling.

Is there a large price difference in doing it one or the other ways? Or any benefit to one or the other?

OP thanks for starting this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    I was looking to get a 20x30 myself with 14 eaves and two 12x12 doors on the front and one on the right front side with a lean to on that side as well.

A lot of what I see is this box tubing shed stuff and I?m used to seeing the old red/brown coated steel buildings with girders and cables running across the ceiling.

Is there a large price difference in doing it one or the other ways? Or any benefit to one or the other?

OP thanks for starting this thread.
    The tubing types are usually aluminium, and lighter but you need to watch out for making sure you have proper anchorage to a foundation in the even of wind uplift. For only 20ft wide they probably could be more economical. Getting beyond 20ft wide, the steel frames become economical and structurally viable.

The clear spans of 30ft and more usually start to become the steel and cable brace method. But we provide some with the 20 and 25ft wide.
    So for 20ft wide, price each way and also factor your foundation resistance.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    3 car. We are thinking 36x40 for storage room in the back. Front three portals don’t need a garage door going to leave them open. Small 6x6 roll up door on the back of it. Not running it with electric or finishing out the I side for now. We will pour in a slab to set it on but have to get dirt work done first as we are on a low grade hill. Budget is...I don’t know. Trying to just get a general idea of going rates.
    Depending on where you're at in MS, I know some concrete guys that could come look at the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Depending on where you're at in MS, I know some concrete guys that could come look at the job.
    Northeast Mississippi between Columbus and Tupelo