Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Initiative 65 and Initiative 65a

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

OT - Initiative 65 and Initiative 65a

First, this is some weak ass flippin propositions. Weed should be legalized fully, first and foremost.
    Next, 65A gives literally no direction on how it would be applied, when it would be applied, etc. The only thing we can do is vote yes to Initiative 65.

Let me be clear, the state legislature complete failure to do their job is a joke. We vote for them to represent us in passing legislation. From flags to this, do your damn job. Bring a bill to the floor and vote you chicken shits. You need to go on voting record so we can see who is the problem.

Why does CA, WA, IL, and damn near half the country have rights we do not. So dang short sighted by a bunch of pussies.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Mississippi is gonna Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    First, this is some weak ass flippin propositions. Weed should be legalized fully, first and foremost.
    Next, 65A gives literally no direction on how it would be applied, when it would be applied, etc. The only thing we can do is vote yes to Initiative 65.

Let me be clear, the state legislature complete failure to do their job is a joke. We vote for them to represent us in passing legislation. From flags to this, do your damn job. Bring a bill to the floor and vote you chicken shits. You need to go on voting record so we can see who is the problem.

Why does CA, WA, IL, and damn near half the country have rights we do not. So dang short sighted by a bunch of pussies.

vCash
    Last time I was in LA. There were weed clinics in shopping centers. With employees spinning MJ leaves on the sidewalk to lure you in for a free medical exam.

Vote no to both.

Then 65A on the 2nd Q.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Last time I was in LA. There were weed clinics in shopping centers. With employees spinning MJ leaves on the sidewalk to lure you in for a free medical exam.

Vote no to both.

Then 65A on the 2nd Q.
    Last time I was in Seattle, people were just walking around on the sidewalks smoking joints. It was annoying as hell honestly.

But it's destructive to families to fine or lock up people for minor things like that, so vote Yes, 65, and then gather signatures for full recreational legalization and vote Yes on that too. It's the pro-family thing to do.

vCash
    Wrong Board for this crap/ Go to political board

vCash

Vote no to both.

Then 65A on the 2nd Q.

Uh big no there. 65a is a joke. Vote 65. It’s past damn time to give folks access to medical cannabis.

vCash
    Not sure why the federal government doesn't treat it like alcohol.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Look bud, we have discussed this exact topic 20 times on this board. This isn't political. Discussions on legalization of anything, when the "politicians" refuse to tackle the issue directly makes it not political.

We need to have big boy conversations without it immediately dismissed as political. There are literally 100s of ways people can abide a chemical that changes either your state of mind or pain management. All legal ways. There is literally zero reasons why pot should be illegal. If anything, it could help everyone chill the hell out.

So yes to 65. No to 65A. This should be 100% legal for all over 21 years of age in MS.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Not sure why the federal government doesn't treat it like alcohol.
    Being a Libertarian I don't think anything should be illegal as long as that "thing" doesn't adversely affect another against their will. Weed should not be made legal until a field test is available for high (drunk) drivers. They have to be made responsible for their actions. There is an on site field test for alcohol. Pretty sure dope heads who have accidents and kill people have violated my "against their will" part of my tenet.

Hell...if people want to use heroin and die....that is their choice...as long as it doesn't adversely affect another against their will.

vCash
    65 is to vague. Oklahoma has 2,000 "treatment centers" and 1 in 12 Oklahoma residents have a medical marijuana card.

These shops are popping up in Arkansas now.

These shops will be all over MS if 65 is passed.

Even if you're for marijuana use, 65A at least allows the state to set some boundaries. So our towns don't have treatments on the town square and corners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Being a Libertarian I don't think anything should be illegal as long as that "thing" doesn't adversely affect another against their will. Weed should not be made legal until a field test is available for high (drunk) drivers. They have to be made responsible for their actions. There is an on site field test for alcohol. Pretty sure dope heads who have accidents and kill people have violated my "against their will" part of my tenet.

Hell...if people want to use heroin and die....that is their choice...as long as it doesn't adversely affect another against their will.
    Exactly. Let people make decisions, stop micromanaging their life as if you know what's best for everyone. No it doesn't matter if weed is "annoying" to you- imagine if you had guns taken away because some people were "annoyed" at gunshots? I'm "annoyed" at smokers, it shouldn't be banned. I'm "annoyed" at drunk people, doesn't mean beer and bars should be illegal. I'm "annoyed" at loud trucks and motorcycles, doesn't mean it should be illegal.

The other thing about all this is it isn't even a choice of "allowing people to have weed or keep them from it"... because weed (and all drugs for that matter) are so damned easy to get, the question is "will I force people to be felons to have weed, or allow them to do it safely?". Nobody in this board is going "God bless Daddy Gov't for keeping meth illegal or I'd run down to the CVS right now and smoke it right there in the parking lot", so why are we so afraid of if drugs are legalized? Why do we think there's masses of people waiting to rush the weed store, but who aren't hitting up a local dealer already?

Alcohol is legal, cheap, easy to find, and addictive. If someone develops a problem with it we say it's their fault. We don't say "well that's why Gov't should have kept prohibition in place; to protect people like this". If you can't handle alcohol responsibly it's up to you to avoid it, don't take away our Saturday beer.

Before someone calls me biased, I've never done a drug in my life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This is not a political thread.

I am for medical use for legitimate reasons (that is a very controversial issue) ....only until a "high" driver can be made accountable for meeting me on a highway can recreational use be allowed (field test for level of intoxication ). If users would only use at home I am fine but only a DA would think that it would not be used or under the influence while driving.

vCash
    Our government in Mississippi has once again failed us by making it come to this initiative instead of handling it themselves. Now I see a lot of legislators are saying vote NO and also vote 65A. They want total control.
    I was really pleased that Mississippi joined the 20th century by voting out the flag and I really hope we can join the 21st century by adopting Initiative 65.
    I am in my 50s and a lifelong Mississippian. My wife suffers from seizures and has been harmed immensely by legal opioid prescriptions for chronic pain. If this initiative fails it will probably push us out of the state.

vCash
    I'm voting for 65. Tired of having to get it other places.

vCash
    65 is to vague. Oklahoma has 2,000 "treatment centers" and 1 in 12 Oklahoma residents have a medical marijuana card.

Even if you're for marijuana use, 65A at least allows the state to set some boundaries. So our towns don't have treatments on the town square and corners.
    65 isn’t vague. You’ve bought in to the propaganda. Don’t be a sheep my brother. It absolutely will not be on every street corner. It will be like liquor stores but even less so b/c there would be significantly less prescribed users than drinkers. Even if you’re gonna play that card that they can’t be zoned, and they will, the market will not allow an over saturation of stores especially in a Covid economy. Econ 101

One thing I want everyone against it to think about.... All the opposition talking points, not a single one talks about the efficacy of the medicinal use. All fear tactics about crime and pot shops on every corner etc.... That tells you all you need to know. They think we’re dumb. I hope enough of us aren’t.

vCash

Not seeing the problem with "treatments on the town square and corners." Alcohol and tobacco are sold in every gas station and grocery store and society doesn't crumble. A lot higher than 1/12 of Mississippians use either or both of those.

vCash
    If you needed it, you'd vote for it. People that need it should be able to get it without breaking laws. I'm lucky to have people who can help. I see Madison acting a damn fool over it. I've seen one particular Baptist preacher's post opposing it all over the place. They all make up bullshit to try to convince people. The damn Health Dept will oversee it and the state will make about $6M a year. They're basically copying Arizona. Vote 65!!

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    I have a buddy thats 48, lift weights every day of his life. Got a 32inch waist. He tore his tricep and during surgery they trapped the ulnar nerve. Now he is in constant pain, migraines, can't use one hand, etc. I really think cannabis might help his pain. Pain pills don't really help nerve pain. He pops them like crazy plus pain pills are very addictive and bad for you. I hope cannabis is a blessing for him.

vCash
    Yes to 65. No to 65A. Should be legalized recreational also.

vCash
    There is a field sobriety test for other substances besides alcohol. The problem with it is there is not a secondary test such as the intocxilyzer 8000 to test for a person being intoxicated. Also only about less than .05 % of Dui officers are able to do the other substances field sobriety tests. The other thing is the only way to find out if someone is intoxicated by another substance is to pee or blood test. Which you can only get through consent or warrant with no consequences for refusing. Also as backed up as the crime lab is. It will take longer for the results to come back.