Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kylin Update

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I love ole Beardo, but he and you got what I was saying backwards, I think. And I'm not dissing KH, but I'm not that overly excited when he's in the game and we aren't playing New Mexico St or Vandy.
    Hey Turf, my bad. That post wasn't directed to you directly, but more to the general tone in the multiple threads discussing this very topic.

vCash
    Ha! No worries, I'm good. Just sick of all the posts about Leach changing, what he's been successful at for 20 yrs, four freaking games into his tenure. Not sure why I'm surprised though... this board is the king of overreactions. Hell, Dinkowitz at Missouri is a coach of the yr candidate, according to some, even after a fluke win vs LSU and a horrible loss to a crappy UT team.
    Post of the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Hey Turf, my bad. That post wasn't directed to you directly, but more to the general tone in the multiple threads discussing this very topic.
    Yea my bad. I understand you tho.

It’s just crazy some people act like this dude was the best back ever here. Hell I would have and so have many others, said that Aries should have played over him. Further more, honestly last yr, I would have gave Nick G more of KH carries. Gibson was a bruiser. I loved his running style. It wasn’t no dodge, dive, duck, dip, and dodging... its was 17 you here I come...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneDawg View Post
    Post of the year
    really? Define successful .... any conference championships or appearances in a conf championship game? Any division titles? ...... if not then successful is being defined as an average 7 win season
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    really? Define successful .... any conference championships or appearances in a conf championship game? Any division titles? ...... if not then successful is being defined as an average 7 win season
    Success is defined as the amount which you exceed the status quo or expectations. So yes, he's been successful to anyone with a brain.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Success is defined as the amount which you exceed the status quo or expectations. So yes, he's been successful to anyone with a brain.
    then that is left up to personal interpretation and doesn't have a damn thing to do with a brain and thus the reason for discussion on a sports message board .... I personally don't define success as a 7 win season

I will say he's been very successful at making the covid thread go away tho .... most of us that appear to be dissatisfied with ML aren't really dissatisfied with having him as our coach at all ... we are just having a hard time understanding why he won't make use of what he has now to win until he gets his "players"
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 10-28-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    then that is left up to personal interpretation and doesn't have a damn thing to do with a brain and thus the reason for discussion on a sports message board .... I personally don't define success as a 7 win season
    Hey, go with it. I realize you don't like Leach and that's your right. Leach has won 11 games twice and 9 games 5 times.

So I'm not sure where the 7 game thing comes from. Did you just make that up?

vCash
    People that don't think Leach has been "successful" in his head coaching career are detached from reality and not worth engaging in discussion.

vCash
    Hey, go with it. I realize you don't like Leach and that's your right. Leach has won 11 games twice and 9 games 5 times.

So I'm not sure where the 7 game thing comes from. Did you just make that up?
    19 years = 140 wins = 7.36 wins per year .... and I do like and support Leach - just a little perturbed at his stubbornness is all
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 10-28-2020 at 08:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    People that don't think Leach has been "successful" in his head coaching career are detached from reality and not worth engaging in discussion.
    What about MSU people who are hanging their hats on his wins at different schools and even more different conferences?

vCash
    19 years = 140 wins = 7.36 wins per year .... and I do like and support Leach - just a little perturbed at his stubbornness is all
    Those 7.3 wins include 3 rebuilding projects and 2 of which aren't top 40 recruiters.

As for the stubbornness, it's been 4 games. 4 freaking games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    What about MSU people who are hanging their hats on his wins at different schools and even more different conferences?
    What about it?

vCash
    That's what he's saying. His Fun n Gun, pass happy offense, adapted to running because of the talent he had.
    I think you are confusing changing an offense for a player vs calling plays and shifting philosophy within the playbook that fits his personnel better. Either for a season or for a game. Spurrier didn?t really change his offensive system. He called games differently because of personnel. HUGE difference. And as soon as he got the players to run what he wanted most of the time, he went right back. Now he did add and expand for and after the NFL. But that is what a coach should do but the basis of his offense was still within that So Car playbook his last year as well.

vCash
    What about it?

They seem just as detached from reality wouldn't you think? Just re-living glory days that didn't occur at MSU.

Seems very grounded.***

At this point, with what we've seen this season, it's no different than people who still supported and gave Moorhead the benefit of the doubt early on, when plenty of others were saying he was a bust early on.

DISCLAIMER:

I'm not saying Leach is a bust. But saying our coach had success previously doesn't mean shit if we still suck it up and are as one dimensional as almost any team I've ever watched.

Insert whatever your excuse is here:

vCash
    They seem just as detached from reality wouldn't you think? Just re-living glory days that didn't occur at MSU.

Seems very grounded.***

At this point, with what we've seen this season, it's no different than people who still supported and gave Moorhead the benefit of the doubt early on, when plenty of others were saying he was a bust early on.

DISCLAIMER:

I'm not saying Leach is a bust. But saying our coach had success previously doesn't mean shit if we still suck it up and are as one dimensional as almost any team I've ever watched.

Insert whatever your excuse is here:
    I was merely responding to a discussion where someone was arguing that Leach hasn't been "successful".

As for your "what about" tangent, do you think a coach that has been successful at two different programs in two different conferences is more or less likely to be successful at a third program with similar disadvantages as the previous two? Obviously none of us know for sure whether it will work out long term, but between the two I think it is more likely, and value his body of work over a 3 game sample size in his first year, which also happens to be during a worldwide pandemic.

You are free to dismiss his coaching career entirely if you want to compare him to Moorhead because of 3 games. That just seems like a huge stretch.

Though probably needlessly premature, whether Leach will be successful at State or not is at least a worthwhile discussion, unlike whether Leach has been successful previously in his career which was the original point.

vCash
    I was merely responding to a discussion where someone was arguing that Leach hasn't been "successful".

As for your "what about" tangent, do you think a coach that has been successful at two different programs in two different conferences is more or less likely to be successful at a third program with similar disadvantages as the previous two? Obviously none of us know for sure whether it will work out long term, but between the two I think it is more likely, and value his body of work over a 3 game sample size in his first year, which also happens to be during a worldwide pandemic.

You are free to dismiss his coaching career entirely if you want to compare him to Moorhead because of 3 games. That just seems like a huge stretch.

Though probably needlessly premature, whether Leach will be successful at State or not is at least a worthwhile discussion, unlike whether Leach has been successful previously in his career which was the original point.
    So you're saying the big -12 and pac-12 are good comps for playing in the SEC? Even Steven huh? Same talent all across the conferences right? Guess that's where we lose each other.

I agree, the jobs he had in those conferences line up with where MSU might line up in the pecking order of the SEC. You are right about that. Put him in the ACC, do you think he would have more success so far than he has this year in the SEC? Hypothetical, I know. No more hypothetical that clutching onto his career record.

I'm not comparing him to Moorhead. He is a better head coach than Moorhead. Try not to get caught up on that. I'm comparing the fan's reactions to Moorhead and Leach so far and how so many fans "saw the writing on the wall" on Moorhead with a slightly smaller sample size so far from Leach. For God's sake 'Gun is being the voice of reason for a lot of people so far this season.

If Leach had won a Natty at the previous schools he coached does that mean we should hang our hat on that too? Previous wins don't carry over to the next year or division or conference ya know?

I'll admit I supported Moorhead until the Tennessee game. I'll do the same if not more for Leach. But we can't get through this year fast enough at this point.

Bottom line, his wins at TT & WSU do MSU absolutely no good.

vCash
    Right or wrong this site has numerous posters that feel like they have to inject their opinion on every <17>ing thing discussed especially when they don't know jack shit about what they are talking about.

vCash
    The dumbasd is strong up in heras

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    The dumbasd is strong up in heras
    Nice to see where you fall on the topic.

vCash
    Those 7.3 wins include 3 rebuilding projects and 2 of which aren't top 40 recruiters.

As for the stubbornness, it's been 4 games. 4 freaking games.
    This is not a true post. Texas Tech had not had a losing season in the last 7 years before Leach. They were 35-23 in the 5 years before Leach with a 24-15 conference record. They pushed Spike Dykes out because they wanted a coach to get them to the conference championship game. Leach didnt make it happen.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is