Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walden leaves USM for Austin Peay head coaching job

vCash

Walden leaves USM for Austin Peay head coaching job

Effective Immediately.

Not only is he leaving, he has also been in quarantine due to COVID-19, so he interviewed and dipped out without seeing any players for the past couple of weeks. Third head coach of the year is about to take over at Southern Miss. What the hell is going on there?

vCash
    SMTTT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Effective Immediately.

Not only is he leaving, he has also been in quarantine due to COVID-19, so he interviewed and dipped out without seeing any players for the past couple of weeks. Third head coach of the year is about to take over at Southern Miss. What the hell is going on there?
    Don't they have like, no money? As in can't pay a DC 6 figures kind of no money? If so that's an impossible place to win at because their conference competition pays more. Add in any level of culture problems or athletic department issues and I'd jump ship too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Don't they have like, no money? As in can't pay a DC 6 figures kind of no money? If so that's an impossible place to win at because their conference competition pays more. Add in any level of culture problems or athletic department issues and I'd jump ship too
    School Prez is the main issue. Will not put money in the program.

vCash
    I actually believe that I heard that their coaching salaries for the next coaching staff will be in the top half of CUSA. We'll see about that

vCash
    That’s still a pretty bad look on his part. He could have finished the year.

vCash
    Obviously, at this point, making fun of USM is the definition of "punching down", but damn...had their fans not been such arrogant douches for so long I might have some sympathy. Nowadays USM peeps be like "when tf did we have fans?".

Being from the coast, I went to HS with a bunch of huuuuge USM fans, a few of which were buddies of mine. I still remember being home one summer after we had all started college, us all hanging out and them making fun of me for going to the "cow college", lol. Granted, this is right when we hired Croom, and we undoubtedly sucked a mean dick in FB, and though much has changed in Starkville since 2003, back then they had some ground to poke fun (even back then, tho, not sure you could pay me money to live in Hattiesburg).

Thankfully we're in the SEC and not the Crackerjack conferences they've bounced around in. I remember noting that to my buddies then; that "we play Bama, LSU, Auburn, et al. every year, who tf do y'all play in CUSA?"...and them just deflecting about how they'd be fine in the SEC, certainly better than us and probably OM too, lol.

My, have times changed. I still feel slight amusement when comparing the trajectory of both programs since then; mainly when thinking about those guys, who I'm not even friends with anymore...ironically enough, all 3 of them ended up dropping out after a year or so, slithered back home to mommy and daddy and JCCC. Probably all Bama or LSU fans at this point, if I had to guess, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    That’s still a pretty bad look on his part. He could have finished the year.
    Austin Peay's season is over and Walden was informed he wouldn't be retained. Weird year that makes things different
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    My cousin is an asst coach at usm. He was glad to come back home but now he's wishing he would've stayed where he was. It's a mess there.

vCash
    Sheesh.

vCash
    Jeff Bower was a miracle worker there. He took a sow's ear and turned it into a silk purse by USM standards.

vCash
    Just making room for Freeze!!!!!!!! *****

LMAO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    My cousin is an asst coach at usm. He was glad to come back home but now he's wishing he would've stayed where he was. It's a mess there.
    oooh insider knowledge... got any juicy gossip about the "mess" you wouldn't mind sharing? It's a slow Tuesday here at work lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    School Prez is the main issue. Will not put money in the program.
    100% fact

Football solution for USM
    Hire Rich Rod and have him bring Plumlee

vCash
    oooh insider knowledge... got any juicy gossip about the "mess" you wouldn't mind sharing? It's a slow Tuesday here at work lol
    Not much to add to what's already been said. The administration cares zero about the program, big disconnect between the admin and athletic department. Not what he was promised when he signed on a few years ago. Usm should really consider dropping to d2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    100% fact

That would actually be about the best thing they could do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Austin Peay's season is over and Walden was informed he wouldn't be retained. Weird year that makes things different
    They played 3 games in the fall. play 8 in the spring. So Walden gets to go in and install his offense now.. weird timing but logical move.

vCash
    Shows you how desperate Austin Peay was as well, ick.

vCash
    I hope that USM can rebound. Remember they are a state funded university that is obviously struggling with their football program. It's not a zero sum that if we are pro MSU that we have to hate on USM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    100% fact

That would be an absolute GRAND SLAM for USM. Plumlee would light the CUSA up. They'd immediately be the best team in that conference. He's already shown what he can do against SEC talent with no line.