Obviously, at this point, making fun of USM is the definition of "punching down", but damn...had their fans not been such arrogant douches for so long I might have some sympathy. Nowadays USM peeps be like "when tf did we have fans?".

Being from the coast, I went to HS with a bunch of huuuuge USM fans, a few of which were buddies of mine. I still remember being home one summer after we had all started college, us all hanging out and them making fun of me for going to the "cow college", lol. Granted, this is right when we hired Croom, and we undoubtedly sucked a mean dick in FB, and though much has changed in Starkville since 2003, back then they had some ground to poke fun (even back then, tho, not sure you could pay me money to live in Hattiesburg).

Thankfully we're in the SEC and not the Crackerjack conferences they've bounced around in. I remember noting that to my buddies then; that "we play Bama, LSU, Auburn, et al. every year, who tf do y'all play in CUSA?"...and them just deflecting about how they'd be fine in the SEC, certainly better than us and probably OM too, lol.

My, have times changed. I still feel slight amusement when comparing the trajectory of both programs since then; mainly when thinking about those guys, who I'm not even friends with anymore...ironically enough, all 3 of them ended up dropping out after a year or so, slithered back home to mommy and daddy and JCCC. Probably all Bama or LSU fans at this point, if I had to guess, lol.