Thread: My junior storm chaser

vCash

My junior storm chaser

Allow me a personal post.

My son turns 11 today. He's got the storm chasing bug just as bad as I do much to the chagrin of my more normal family members. I've let him accompany me on some smaller chases, but he is itching to go on one a little more substantial. Probably soon. I'm sure any dad can attest it's a moment of pure joy when one do your kids takes an interest in your passion. He may not always get long division right, but he can look in the sky and identify every cloud type above him.

vCash
    Bring him down to the coast Wed. i remember my 1st storm like if was yesterday. Of course it was Camille and we lived right north of the Tracks in Mississippi City. I remember the constant whistling. It was much worse than Katerina. All I can say is my dad built great houses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Allow me a personal post.

My son turns 11 today. He's got the storm chasing bug just as bad as I do much to the chagrin of my more normal family members. I've let him accompany me on some smaller chases, but he is itching to go on one a little more substantial. Probably soon. I'm sure any dad can attest it's a moment of pure joy when one do your kids takes an interest in your passion. He may not always get long division right, but he can look in the sky and identify every cloud type above him.

That's really cool, i remember always being interested in the weather when i was young almost pursued meteorology as a career''''''''wish i had this year!

vCash
    I was playing with Legos at 11, lol...your son, an anemometer. That's awesome, dude!

vCash
    That's awesome,SVD! It's really cool when your kids have a passion for the same interests. Enjoy that time you can spend with him, it's priceless!

vCash
    Good on you SVD...So many kids (hell adults too) spend so much on time they don't get hands on and learn things anymore. It's great you have bonded with something outdoors especially that allows him to use tools like that to learn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Bring him down to the coast Wed. i remember my 1st storm like if was yesterday. Of course it was Camille and we lived right north of the Tracks in Mississippi City. I remember the constant whistling. It was much worse than Katerina. All I can say is my dad built great houses.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I love hurricanes. Not the destruction they bring, but the power and the science. I used to use those hurricane tracking boards with the magnets to keep tabs on them.