Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So you think the coaches aren't trying to win?

Because to believe they wouldn't our best QB is believing that they aren't trying to win
    I'm simply stating an observation .... not a speculation
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    So now we are suggesting the Mike Leach doesn't know how to run practices to best teach "his" system???!!!!!!

Bottom line is Leach is going to run his system with what we have even if we don't really have the right pieces for his system. We are just going to have to accept that we are in for a couple of rough seasons until he gets the right pieces in to execute his system. Look at his previous stops and you will see the first couple of years are tough.

We have too much $$ invested. We are not making a change and Leach isn't going to change.
    Why do we think it?s okay for Mike Leach not to change? The best coaches adapt. Those that get stuck in their ways end up like Les Miles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Why do we think it?s okay for Mike Leach not to change? The best coaches adapt. Those that get stuck in their ways end up like Les Miles.
    I didn't say it was ok, but we hired him knowing who he is. His record shows that he runs his system. He's not going to change. We knew that when we hired him, and if we didn't then that's not on Leach. It's on others.

Obliviously, what Leach believes makes him one of the best coaches is how he runs his system. Not running someone else's system. We paid for Leach. Now we are just going to have to wait for him to get his system and guys needed to run it in play.
    Last edited by Brahmabull; 10-27-2020 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Gonna need several more to leave if we are going to be at 85 schollies for 2021. With 25 new guys coming in and nobody currently on the team losing eligibility, guys will have to leave
    We only have 83 scholarships for 2021.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    This is how I feel. No coach ever has been able to sustain success without adapting. Prime example is Saban. He made changes at the same school in the same conference AFTER winning multiple titles. And that's how he won another one soon after.
    I honestly thought Leach would adapt and maybe he will, but so far indicators say that he won't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This is how I feel. No coach ever has been able to sustain success without adapting. Prime example is Saban. He made changes at the same school in the same conference AFTER winning multiple titles. And that's how he won another one soon after.
    I honestly thought Leach would adapt and maybe he will, but so far indicators say that he won't.
    This all day. I don't give a damn if your system has worked in the past. If you're not adapting and getting better, you're getting worse.

vCash
    My hope was that Leach would bring his system, BUT adjust it to compete in the SEC. There's a reason that we had seen the "pure" air raid in the SEC. While Leach is perhaps the foremost authority on the air raid, he's not the only coach that has a deep understanding of it. The SEC has and has had many great offensive minds over the past 20 years and no a single one thought that the classic air raid gave them a competitive advantage. So either Leach is the revolutionary coach of the SEC or all the other offensive minds saw disadvantages in the air raid.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Costello is much better in practice. Our problem is scheme first, o-line 2nd, WR 3rd, and QB 4th.
    Yea. It?s scheme. Bc this scheme has never worked before. Give me a break.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    My hope was that Leach would bring his system, BUT adjust it to compete in the SEC. There's a reason that we had seen the "pure" air raid in the SEC. While Leach is perhaps the foremost authority on the air raid, he's not the only coach that has a deep understanding of it. The SEC has and has had many great offensive minds over the past 20 years and no a single one thought that the classic air raid gave them a competitive advantage. So either Leach is the revolutionary coach of the SEC or all the other offensive minds saw disadvantages in the air raid.
    This was my hope as well. I honestly figured, for as smart as Leach is, he already had a plan on how to make it fit. Hopefully he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    You must not have been hanging out with C34 lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Scheme works great against man coverage. Not so great vs a 3 man line and 8 men dropping into zone coverage. Especially with SEC athletes. Adapt or die.

vCash
    Saban's system or scheme is on the defensive side of the ball. He has not really adapted or changed much there. Still loves zone coverage in the backend.

vCash
    Scheme works great against man coverage. Not so great vs a 3 man line and 8 men dropping into zone coverage. Especially with SEC athletes. Adapt or die.
    Except it's worked against D1 athletes for 20 years. You could make the SEC case if the scoring dropped from 35 points per game to 28. But to not be able to get in the endzone isn't scheme, it's execution.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Except it's worked against D1 athletes for 20 years. You could make the SEC case if the scoring dropped from 35 points per game to 28. But to not be able to get in the endzone isn't scheme, it's execution.
    perfect execution will not work if you're trying a QB sneak from the 10 yard line .... it's scheme. I'm sure there's a reason Dabo, Saban, Urban Meyer and other great coaches don't use this in it's purest form.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Joe Lee's scheme's worked great for a long time too. Number 1 in the country vs D1 athletes in fact. Adapt or die.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    perfect execution will not work if you're trying a QB sneak from the 10 yard line .... it's scheme. I'm sure there's a reason Dabo, Saban, Urban Meyer and other great coaches don't use this in it's purest form.
    To take this a step further, not even Mike Leach's disciples run the same Air Raid they learned under Leach. See Kliff Kingsbury, Art Briles, Dana Holgerson and many others.

You do not attack a 3-8 with Air Raid. As Lane Kiffin said, you run them out of it.

vCash
    It's not that it's ok to not change, it's just it's hard to change a successful system based on 3 games where players are not doing the basics.

The one thing that it appears we need to adjust on is OL blocking. We are consistently having 5 beat by 3. Maybe that's primarily a talent issue where our OL are just not recruited for nor suited for this type of blocking, but if that's the case, you don't just say "well this year is going to suck". You have to do something to compensate for the lack of talent besides waiting for new talent. But it's hard to know what needs to be adjusted overlal when the QB and WRs aren't on the same page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Yes, but scheme issues don't go from working to zero. The SEC competition should make a scheme that has worked for 20 year "less effective" rather than "ineffective"

Other conferences don't have players on peg legs.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Yes, but scheme issues don't go from working to zero. The SEC competition should make a scheme that has worked for 20 year "less effective" rather than "ineffective"

Other conferences don't have players on peg legs.
    We will score a few points vs Vandy and Ole Miss. Then you can come on the board and tell everyone how great the scheme is and that we are turning the corner.

vCash
    To take this a step further, not even Mike Leach's disciples run the same Air Raid they learned under Leach. See Kliff Kingsbury, Art Briles, Dana Holgerson and many others.

You do not attack a 3-8 with Air Raid. As Lane Kiffin said, you run them out of it.
    It will be very interesting to see if there are any adjustments. If not, we will be hiring a new coach two years from now.