460 yards against UPig
    240 yards against A&M
    166 yards against AU
    265 yards against UK
    234 yards against bears
    193 yards against Lville
    220 yards against KSU
    234 yards against USM

Tell me again why a team with mostly returning starters and adding a 5 star OL RS freshman, along with the returning starting RB should not be able to run the ball this year? Are we sure it is the players?
    We return two starters from last year's game one lineup- Eiland & Parker. Only reason others got time was injury and backup time.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-29-2020 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We return two starters from last year's game one lineup- Eiland & Parker. Only reason others got time was injury and backup time.
    you might want to list the number of carries also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I will tell you why our returning RB is not there.

I have one source, only one, but I trust him. He told me at lunch today that Hill told KJ that he was going to kill him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post

I have one source, only one, but I trust him. He told me at lunch today that Hill told KJ that he was going to kill him.
    who does Hill think he is .... a linebacker ? .... If true then this is left-over BS from the JoMo era and he needed to go
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

Dang, didn't know KH was playing defensive lineman in the drop 8 scheme.

vCash

This can't be true. He said he was the greatest QB in the country after the LSU game***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    who does Hill think he is .... a linebacker ? .... If true then this is left-over BS from the JoMo era and he needed to go
    That's almost exactly what I said to my guy. He is offensive Willie Gay

vCash
    Why are our QBs always taking it on the chin... no pun intended

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Why are our QBs always taking it on the chin... no pun intended
    all Hill had to do was wait until we played Bama
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Yes yes yes!! You could start a thread on this. This is the problem. It's not our talent level. Add into that a stunting linebacker in that wide open gap (that now nobody can get to) and you have a recipe for consistent disaster. The only DC who didn't stop it was the one not willing to adapt. Leach will see a similar fate if he doesn't adapt.
    What you don't seem to understand is just how poorly the line play has been and how poorly WR's have been running routes.

They are light years from what the finished product will be in a year or two. I heard Leach say one time that on any given play we would have two WR's running the play correctly. It is a simple concept offense but everyone has to be on the same page.

When just one Receiver runs the wrong route, it creates spacing problems for all the others. You never get it perfect but to believe what you have seen to date is the Leech offense is not close to the truth.

He also has said a lot of the issues with the line play is mental mistakes. That can be addressed with the players we have and you don't have to revamp the whole lineup.

Guys just relax a llttle, this is four weeks into a year when they didn't even have a spring. Leech will get things going better and it will be before the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    What you don't seem to understand is just how poorly the line play has been and how poorly WR's have been running routes.

They are light years from what the finished product will be in a year or two. I heard Leach say one time that on any given play we would have two WR's running the play correctly. It is a simple concept offense but everyone has to be on the same page.

When just one Receiver runs the wrong route, it creates spacing problems for all the others. You never get it perfect but to believe what you have seen to date is the Leech offense is not close to the truth.

He also has said a lot of the issues with the line play is mental mistakes. That can be addressed with the players we have and you don't have to revamp the whole lineup.

Guys just relax a llttle, this is four weeks into a year when they didn't even have a spring. Leech will get things going better and it will be before the end of the year.
    I along with most others are plenty calm. We are discussing/debating etc respectfully - it's a message board.

I think everyone gets the oline play is poor. We are discussing why we think it is poor. Stay on topic.

Eta - I agree on route running / I actually brought this up after the last game.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 10-30-2020 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    I along with most others are plenty calm. We are discussing/debating etc respectfully - it's a message board.

I think everyone gets the oline play is poor. We are discussing why we think it is poor. Stay on topic.

Eta - I agree on route running / I actually brought this up after the last game.
    Stay on topic? Are you kidding? It's page 8 the topic has taken 10 twists by now.

I think it's wrong to think that Leach's fate is sealed if he won't adapt based on what we have seen this year. Leach has not ran his offense yet.

People mistake this offense as being easy to execute because it is easy to understand. It takes tons of reps to get the execution level high enough to be good. This team simply has not gotten those reps. I hope we will see progress before the end of the year but this year may get really ugly. I hope the fan base will support him and give him a chance for us to find out if it will work even if it takes 2 or 3 years because I think this guy is onto something that could take us all they way.

Why do I think that? Because we field some defensive studs and that is where championships are won. All we have needed is to score and his teams score.

vCash
    It's amazing to me that our fans want our coaches to adjust but our players who can't do something minimally expected of them like being able to pass block is excused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's amazing to me that our fans want our coaches to adjust but our players who can't do something minimally expected of them like being able to pass block is excused.
    Pass blocking is so complex it took me till third grade pee wee league to pick it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Point the finger not the thumb****
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash

Rep given for actually 1) stating the extent of your sources, and 2) SAYING THE RUMOR! God I'm sick of vague BS and then going "No, I shouldn't tell..." when people ask for clarification. It's all meant to draw attention. You though are actually laying it out there and I commend you for it

vCash

Only part of it.

vCash

Hill sounds like an awesome guy!

Also makes you realize why Leach may continue to give KJ chances.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Rep given for actually 1) stating the extent of your sources, and 2) SAYING THE RUMOR! God I'm sick of vague BS and then going "No, I shouldn't tell..." when people ask for clarification. It's all meant to draw attention. You though are actually laying it out there and I commend you for it
    This is exactly right. The cryptic bullshit on here sometimes is chicken shit. It's a 17ing sports message board. Get a life attention whores. It's commonplace around here.