Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

vCash
    Personally, I don't think Mayden got a chance to show his talents. He was a highly ranked qb coming from a spread offense in Texas where he put up very impressive numbers. There's no way he could have been worse than Costello stage frightened ass. How is it "easy to see" he's no good when he didn't even get a decent chance to actually show it? I hope he finds the right place and scheme for his talents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentis View Post
    Personally, I don't think Mayden got a chance to show his talents. He was a highly ranked qb coming from a spread offense in Texas where he put up very impressive numbers. There's no way he could have been worse than Costello stage frightened ass. How is it "easy to see" he's no good when he didn't even get a decent chance to actually show it? I hope he finds the right place and scheme for his talents.
    I agree

vCash
    Clearly, his mechanics are off. Just doesn't have that twitch*****

vCash
    Something must be up with Pendley as I thought he looked ok when forced into duty last year and honestly thought he had a good shot at being our C this year. That said he might be a guy that’s a much better run blocker or maybe something else was going on

ETA - sounds like after reading Paul’s stuff that Pendley didn’t have a choice
    Last edited by Irondawg; 10-27-2020 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Something must be up with Pendley as I thought he looked ok when forced into duty last year and honestly thought he had a good shot at being our C this year. That said he might be a guy that’s a much better run blocker or maybe something else was going on

ETA - sounds like after reading Paul’s stuff that Pendley didn’t have a choice
    Was he not good enough or discipline related?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Was he not good enough or discipline related?
    Discipline
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Discipline
    We will see how it all works in the end, but Leach is not playing. I guess this may be more of an indictment on Moorhead.

vCash
    Sounds like there are more to come...very soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We will see how it all works in the end, but Leach is not playing. I guess this may be more of an indictment on Moorhead.
    True. Not sure this was Leach’s decision though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Sounds like there are more to come...very soon.
    There should be. We need space for better players. Just look through the roster and find any non FR that has a FR playing over them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Costello is much better in practice.
    Then we must not be practicing right

vCash
    It is what it is. In the end, the quicker Leach can get his guys in here, the quicker we'll be good.
    I thought that was Tommy Stevens.

vCash
    Some of you guys are amazing. Do you really think a college football coaching staff in the SEC watches all of their QBs in practice leading up to the season and during the season and then doesn't play the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win based on their performances in practice????? Mayden, Shrader, Rogers, Costello all got reps under the new staff. Based on those reps, the staff determined that Costello was 1, Rogers 2, and Mayden 3. IF Rogers were performing better in practice now, he would be the starter!!! IF Mayden had performed better in practice he would have played!!! SEC Coaches are in the business of winning football games. This isn't pee wee or junior high football were the coach's son gets the QB job or the kiss up parent's kid plays over the better player. ITS THE F_CKING SEC!!! Jeez!!

vCash
    Which is odd that Costello is better in the practice when Will obviously goes through progressions much quicker.

Does Costello just freeze up in games?
    I think if Costello has plenty of time to throw and doesn't have to be concerned with running, he can be pretty good. It is apparent though that he does not want to run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I think if Costello has plenty of time to throw and doesn't have to be concerned with running, he can be pretty good. It is apparent though that he does not want to run.
    His lack of time to throw the ball though is a direct result of his slow progress through his reads. Also, he doesn't have quick enough feet to run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    Some of you guys are amazing. Do you really think a college football coaching staff in the SEC watches all of their QBs in practice leading up to the season and during the season and then doesn't play the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win based on their performances in practice????? Mayden, Shrader, Rogers, Costello all got reps under the new staff. Based on those reps, the staff determined that Costello was 1, Rogers 2, and Mayden 3. IF Rogers were performing better in practice now, he would be the starter!!! IF Mayden had performed better in practice he would have played!!! SEC Coaches are in the business of winning football games. This isn't pee wee or junior high football were the coach's son gets the QB job or the kiss up parent's kid plays over the better player. ITS THE F_CKING SEC!!! Jeez!!
    and we are either going to start a PAC-12 QB or a Freshman ..... Schrader wasn't given much of a chance IMO and now two 4-star QB's are in the portal that had several SEC offers

OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    He got to go to practice everyday. He had his shot. Wasn't a qb for this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Then we must not be practicing right
    +1, the point of practice is to get people ready for a GAME and evaluate how good the players will be in a GAME. We aren't simulating a game effectively if there's such a huge disconnect.

Same for the OL. I REFUSE to believe Arnett is throwing every blitz stunt and twist he can think of at these guys and they regularly pick it up in practice, only for them to all forget what the F to do vs a 4 man rush when the game comes on. 1 player gets the yips under pressure? Sure. Every interior OL having no idea what their assignments are? I can't believe they ever truly knew them. Yet in the scrimmages we heard the OL picked up everything Arnett threw at them. It makes no sense to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    and we are either going to start a PAC-12 QB or a Freshman ..... Schrader wasn't given much of a chance IMO and now two 4-star QB's are in the portal that had several SEC offers

So you think the coaches aren't trying to win?

Because to believe they wouldn't our best QB is believing that they aren't trying to win

vCash
    So now we are suggesting the Mike Leach doesn't know how to run practices to best teach "his" system???!!!!!!

Bottom line is Leach is going to run his system with what we have even if we don't really have the right pieces for his system. We are just going to have to accept that we are in for a couple of rough seasons until he gets the right pieces in to execute his system. Look at his previous stops and you will see the first couple of years are tough.

We have too much $$ invested. We are not making a change and Leach isn't going to change.