Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Up to this point, why should he change? He has never HAD to change because his offense has always been successful both in the Big12 and PAC12. I mean maybe not so much in the Apple Cup but its easy to explain that away as a talent differential when the offense was still good the other 11 games in the PAC12. Now if he can't defeat the rush 3 drop 8 defense IN THE SEC when he gets a full spring practice and some more of his players in here then he will HAVE to adjust or he will be out of a job. I don't think Leach is a guy that takes failure well so I find it hard to believe he won't make some adjustments if it becomes obvious that we can't defeat the drop 8 scheme in the SEC with the way he is currently doing things.
    But it's already obvious that this year's team cannot defeat the drop 8 scheme, so what's he waiting on? Is Leach just going to throw away this whole season because he doesn't have his guys yet? This is what worries me about him. I don't see the point in his stubborness.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    The only 'tweak' needed to beat the 3-8 zone is oline blocking the 3 with 5. The minute they do that Leach will run them out of it on the ground. The only team that he ever went against that could stop the run in a 3-8 once he got his OL guys in was Washington. Considering the talent gap it will probably be similar to us vs Bama and UGA once we get the OL figured out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    The only 'tweak' needed to beat the 3-8 zone is oline blocking the 3 with 5. The minute they do that Leach will run them out of it on the ground. The only team that he ever went against that could stop the run in a 3-8 once he got his OL guys in was Washington. Considering the talent gap it will probably be similar to us vs Bama and UGA once we get the OL figured out.
    So do you agree or disagree that most SEC defenses are on par or better than Washington's?

vCash
    Better: LSU (normally), Bama, Auburn, UGA, FL

The rest are on par or way worse. You're completely missing the point though.

Washington avg recruiting ranking ~19 - 801 points
    Wazzu avg recruiting ranking ~69 - 556 points

MSU avg ~23 - 733 points. The only time we'll see a ~250 point talent differential is Bama (985) OSU (973) and UGA (960). Not that 247 rankings are the end all be all but it's a good gauge of talent differences.

My point being: Once the OL figures out how to beat 3 with 5 then the only teams that should be able to run the 3-8 and stop the run would be those 3 above plus Clemson or a few others.
    Last edited by MrCoachKlein; 10-28-2020 at 02:59 PM.

vCash
    Better: LSU (normally), Bama, Auburn, UGA, FL

The rest are on par or way worse. You're completely missing the point though.

Washington avg recruiting ranking ~19 - 801 points
    Wazzu avg recruiting ranking ~69 - 556 points

MSU avg ~23 - 733 points. The only time we'll see a ~250 point talent differential is Bama (985) OSU (973) and UGA (960). Not that 247 rankings are the end all be all but it's a good gauge of talent differences.

My point being: Once the OL figures out how to beat 3 with 5 then the only teams that should be able to run the 3-8 and stop the run would be those 3 above plus Clemson or a few others.
    It's not 5 vs 3 though. The wide splits that Leach still uses ensures 1 on 1 matchups with our tackles vs SEC DE's. And they don't have to account for the run so they can just pin their ears back.

The ball is supposed to come out in under 3 but no one is open in under 3 b/c they have blanketed our 5 receivers with 8 in coverage.

vCash
    BUMP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    BUMP
    Bucky are any of the players going to speak out and back Leach through all this?

vCash
    BUMP
    Damn is there another one?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Bucky are any of the players going to speak out and back Leach through all this?
    I doubt it but that ain?t their job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Damn is there another one?
    CML basically said there would be more

vCash
    It is their job to back to coach if they believe in him and the program. Like the guy said in Remember the Titans - sometimes you have to let a guy go

I’d feel better seeing some players take that side like we all felt better when some players were clearly mad at Jarrion

vCash
    I doubt it but that ain?t their job
    I usually agree with you, but not here. This football team obviously needs leadership.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's not 5 vs 3 though. The wide splits that Leach still uses ensures 1 on 1 matchups with our tackles vs SEC DE's. And they don't have to account for the run so they can just pin their ears back.

The ball is supposed to come out in under 3 but no one is open in under 3 b/c they have blanketed our 5 receivers with 8 in coverage.
    You understand the OL problem. A "hooking bull," DE in a wide 9 technique will win 9x out of 10. A hard outside step, then back inside... he gets home dang near every time. The OG two yards inside the tackle is in no mans land a cant help.

vCash

They normally do have to account for the run against a Leach offense or he'll hand it off up the middle for 10 yards a pop. They don't this year because we can't run block 3 with 5. The only team that was able to consistently get away with running a 3-8 and stopping Leach from running was Washington. And that was due to the giant talent gap that we will only experience here once a year vs Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    You understand the OL problem. A "hooking bull," DE in a wide 9 technique will win 9x out of 10. A hard outside step, then back inside... he gets home dang near every time. The OG two yards inside the tackle is in no mans land a cant help.
    Yes yes yes!! You could start a thread on this. This is the problem. It's not our talent level. Add into that a stunting linebacker in that wide open gap (that now nobody can get to) and you have a recipe for consistent disaster. The only DC who didn't stop it was the one not willing to adapt. Leach will see a similar fate if he doesn't adapt.

vCash
    They normally do have to account for the run against a Leach offense or he'll hand it off up the middle for 10 yards a pop. They don't this year because we can't run block 3 with 5. The only team that was able to consistently get away with running a 3-8 and stopping Leach from running was Washington. And that was due to the giant talent gap that we will only experience here once a year vs Bama.
    Don't you think it's strange that a 3 year starter like Dareun Parker all the sudden can't run block. This is Eiland 3rd year to start. Sharp started multiple games last year. Posters on here say we struggle b/c our Oline guys were recruited mainly as run blockers not pass blockers. Now, all of the sudden they can't run block? Don't you think it might be our splits and scheme.

vCash
    Do we expect anymore players to bite the dust today?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Don't you think it's strange that a 3 year starter like Dareun Parker all the sudden can't run block. This is Eiland 3rd year to start. Sharp started multiple games last year. Posters on here say we struggle b/c our Oline guys were recruited mainly as run blockers not pass blockers. Now, all of the sudden they can't run block? Don't you think it might be our splits and scheme.
    Maybe they just forgot how to run block** .... as a former left tackle I always thought it was easier to pass block than to run block but right now our run game is as bland as a jar of Gerber's creamed carrots .... yes, it's splits and scheme
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    It's learning a new system and having a couple guys that are just too damn slow to block who they're being asked to block. Parker has been the best in the middle. Cross outside. Eiland has never been a good tackle. Sharp has always been limited. I saw these same guys struggle last year or two trying to block. There's a reason we're offering several OL.

vCash
    I watched last year's OL run for the following:

460 yards against UPig
    240 yards against A&M
    166 yards against AU
    265 yards against UK
    234 yards against bears
    193 yards against Lville
    220 yards against KSU
    234 yards against USM

Tell me again why a team with mostly returning starters and adding a 5 star OL RS freshman, along with the returning starting RB should not be able to run the ball this year? Are we sure it is the players?