Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
If I'm dak, I DEFINITELY want out:

Dallas was loaded, but poor coaching meant they won nothing. Then they paid the wrong people (coop the only one they should have paid) and made another bad hire. Now they're staring at rebuilding on D, rebuilding on OL, and rebuilding at coaching all while having several dead weight contracts holding them back (Lawrence's cap his is massive the next 3 years and he gives them nothing). I dont' see them winning anything of note for the 4 years Dak cares about.

Now, if I'm Dallas, I 1) tank, 2) sign Dak, 3) trade my pick back/for next year, 4) restructure my roster so I can build a new one after next season. But Jerry will probably go "yo this division is so bad we can trade a 2nd and a 4th round pick for name here QB, and we can make the playoffs!" only to go 6-10 and make nothing, then Tag Dak again, miss the playoffs again while getting a mid round draft spot, and then Dak leaves leaving them with terrible contracts, no QB, no high pick to get a QB, and no picks to build the rest of the roster. Oh, and Jerry will mess up the next hire too
Wow it can't get anymore accurate than that! Wonderfully well said!