Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well the Boys have officially quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Would love to see Dak in New England and what he could so with a real oc and a defense.

And yeah with BB Dak could get him some hardware.
    It would be fun to see him get to play to his full potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It would be fun to see him get to play to his full potential
    Exactly he's been handicapped in Dallas with the Jones boys running the show.

vCash
    If I'm dak, I DEFINITELY want out:

Dallas was loaded, but poor coaching meant they won nothing. Then they paid the wrong people (coop the only one they should have paid) and made another bad hire. Now they're staring at rebuilding on D, rebuilding on OL, and rebuilding at coaching all while having several dead weight contracts holding them back (Lawrence's cap his is massive the next 3 years and he gives them nothing). I dont' see them winning anything of note for the 4 years Dak cares about.

Now, if I'm Dallas, I 1) tank, 2) sign Dak, 3) trade my pick back/for next year, 4) restructure my roster so I can build a new one after next season. But Jerry will probably go "yo this division is so bad we can trade a 2nd and a 4th round pick for name here QB, and we can make the playoffs!" only to go 6-10 and make nothing, then Tag Dak again, miss the playoffs again while getting a mid round draft spot, and then Dak leaves leaving them with terrible contracts, no QB, no high pick to get a QB, and no picks to build the rest of the roster. Oh, and Jerry will mess up the next hire too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    If I'm dak, I DEFINITELY want out:

Dallas was loaded, but poor coaching meant they won nothing. Then they paid the wrong people (coop the only one they should have paid) and made another bad hire. Now they're staring at rebuilding on D, rebuilding on OL, and rebuilding at coaching all while having several dead weight contracts holding them back (Lawrence's cap his is massive the next 3 years and he gives them nothing). I dont' see them winning anything of note for the 4 years Dak cares about.

Now, if I'm Dallas, I 1) tank, 2) sign Dak, 3) trade my pick back/for next year, 4) restructure my roster so I can build a new one after next season. But Jerry will probably go "yo this division is so bad we can trade a 2nd and a 4th round pick for name here QB, and we can make the playoffs!" only to go 6-10 and make nothing, then Tag Dak again, miss the playoffs again while getting a mid round draft spot, and then Dak leaves leaving them with terrible contracts, no QB, no high pick to get a QB, and no picks to build the rest of the roster. Oh, and Jerry will mess up the next hire too
    Wow it can't get anymore accurate than that! Wonderfully well said!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They're finding out how good and important Dak is. Without him they're a boat without a rudder. As Reggie Jackson used to say "I'm the straw that stirs the drink", well that's Dak. Serve em all right if Dak left for a real team
    Exactly. All the dipshits who get paid to talk about sports (looking at you Skip, Shannon, Cowherd, et al.) were actually saying that the Cowboys would be BETTER with Dalton, lol....bold strategy, Cotton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The Cowboys are really paying this year from giving out big contracts to 3 unproductive players.

Jaylon Smith
    DeMarcus Lawrence
    Zeke Elliott
    Zeke's a bit of a strange individual, and he's paid too much, but I don't think he's exactly unproductive. He's just not up to par with his salary. That said, I don't get to see Dallas play very much with Atlanta and Nashville being within spitting distance and their games are always carried locally, so I rarely get to see Zeke much. Maybe he's regressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Exactly. All the dipshits who get paid to talk about sports (looking at you Skip, Shannon, Cowherd, et al.) were actually saying that the Cowboys would be BETTER with Dalton, lol....bold strategy, Cotton.
    They're absolute geniuses 😂

vCash
    Regardless of how you feel about Dak, the truth is that there is no way Dallas can pay him what he's worth and still fill all the holes they have. They are going to have to trade him to make things work, unless somehow they can trade zeke or Dlaw. I hope he ends up in NO.
    This. They were stupid to not sign Dak for market when they had the chance. Now if I'm him, and looking at how they've been handicapped by bad contracts, I'm not sure I'm interested. Even if he were to now give a "home" town discount, it wouldn't allow the cowboys to build a winner, it'd just offset some of the stupid mistakes they've made. If I'm Dak, I want top of market to offset playing for a dysfunctional franchise, or I'd make them franchise me again and wait until I can choose a team that is a QB away (or at least has competent management) to get into a long term contract with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This. They were stupid to not sign Dak for market when they had the chance. Now if I'm him, and looking at how they've been handicapped by bad contracts, I'm not sure I'm interested. Even if he were to now give a "home" town discount, it wouldn't allow the cowboys to build a winner, it'd just offset some of the stupid mistakes they've made. If I'm Dak, I want top of market to offset playing for a dysfunctional franchise, or I'd make them franchise me again and wait until I can choose a team that is a QB away (or at least has competent management) to get into a long term contract with.
    I read an article talking about how they can't afford to tag him again. Due to the revenue drop, they have to sign him long term to spread out the cap hit or let him go. They would have to trade for cap space is the only way to tag him again. His tag goes up to around $39 Mil if they tag him again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I read an article talking about how they can't afford to tag him again. Due to the revenue drop, they have to sign him long term to spread out the cap hit or let him go. They would have to trade for cap space is the only way to tag him again. His tag goes up to around $39 Mil if they tag him again.
    Even better, as long as other teams aren't spooked by his injury. I wonder if this injury will change his thought process on negotiations. If it could really meaningfully reduce the wear and tear on my body, if I were him, I'd consider signing for a discount with the understanding that the team I signed with would spend money and/or draft picks on OL and that I'd sit out if/when they tried to skimp. Not sure that really would reduce the wear and tear though.

vCash
    Well if dak does hit FA, who are the suitors? Chicago, Jacksonville, Denver, Washington, New England, Indianapolis? I don't know all teams' financials, but Saints are definitely out... ton of dead money from brees contract next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well if dak does hit FA, who are the suitors? Chicago, Jacksonville, Denver, Washington, New England, Indianapolis? I don't know all teams' financials, but Saints are definitely out... ton of dead money from brees contract next year.
    New Orleans. Hopefully goes to a team that has a good OLine and receivers but needs a QB.. But most teams will hold off till they see how the leg is/

vCash
    Regardless of how you feel about Dak, the truth is that there is no way Dallas can pay him what he's worth and still fill all the holes they have. They are going to have to trade him to make things work, unless somehow they can trade zeke or Dlaw. I hope he ends up in NO.
    They can't trade him. And NewOrleans has no room to sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would add Tennessee and SF to that list.

I wish he could find a way to NO, but that's not possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    I would add Tennessee and SF to that list.

I wish he could find a way to NO, but that's not possible.
    Possibly Minnesota also.

vCash
    Man the more I think about this the more hopeless it becomes. Tyrone Smith is retiring soon and will need a 1st/2nd round pick to replace him, but he's always hurt and so is worthless if you try to trade him. DLaw has one of the worst contracts in football given his production, you cant give him away. So the only way they can get a pass rusher is to draft one so you don't have to pay him much, again a 1st/2nd round pick is required. Can't trade Zeke- who want a 15M a year RB that produces like a 3rd round rookie? Not to mention his off field issues and ego and the fact he is only going to get worse as he gets older...

That leaves Cooper (who's paid a lot so isn't going to fetch a ton if you trade him), Smith (same story as Cooper) Gallup, and LVE as the only talented guys you can trade. But you'd need to replace them via the draft, + get interior OL help, +DT, +Safety, +CB... you just can't get that if you trade the above, even in you hit on everyone you drafted. And this plan is still 3-4 years before those new guys will be in place and not rookies themselves, and the next year's drafted guys will have theri contracts run out before the god awful contracts run out so you still can't really keep the next round of talent

vCash
    I think some of you are undervaluing what it means to be QB1 for one of the most popular sports franchises on earth. Go to Jacksonville, Detroit, Buffalo, etc., and unless he wins a Super Bowl, he will toil in relative obscurity giving up tons of endorsement dollars, popularity and marketability as a sports personality after retirement.

Romo's popularity has grown since retirement and he never won anything, had he played in Jacksonville, he wouldn't have near the career he has now.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 10-26-2020 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I think some of you are undervaluing what it means to be QB1 for one of the most popular sports franchises on earth. Go to Jacksonville, Detroit, Buffalo, etc., and unless he wins a Super Bowl, he will toil in retaliate obscurity giving up tons of endorsement dollars, popularity and marketability as a sports personality after retirement.

Romo's popularity has grown since retirement and he never won anything, had he played in Jacksonville, he wouldn't have near the career he has now.
    That's all true, but at the same time, Dak is going to make $100M on his next deal. He may want the chance to win more than extra endorsements.

As far Romo's post playing career, he needed to play for Dallas to do that. I don't think Dak will need that. It will help, but I think people will be beating down his door regardless as long as he continues to be reasonably successful just because of his personality. And then there's the x-factor, where winning championships for any franchise will I think do more for him than first round exits with a perpetually mismanaged dallas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They can't trade him. And NewOrleans has no room to sign him.
    They absolutely can trade him. It is speculation now that they will franchise tag him in the spring again and trade him after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I think some of you are undervaluing what it means to be QB1 for one of the most popular sports franchises on earth. Go to Jacksonville, Detroit, Buffalo, etc., and unless he wins a Super Bowl, he will toil in relative obscurity giving up tons of endorsement dollars, popularity and marketability as a sports personality after retirement.

Dak will reach a point where he wants a ring more than extra money. He will not get that here under this ownership anytime soon.