Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football is a Terrible Product

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You can't have a draft involving kids and where they go to college. It's just not feasible. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen when some kid has his pro career tanked because he got drafted by Ole Miss and couldn't go to Bama.

The only thing that they can do is lower the amount of scholarships that they give. Which to me is too many based on the fact that every team seems to be giving at least one walk-on a full ride every year. Going with 65 scholarships would probably mean 15 man recruiting classes every year.
    Todd, “optional draft”. That means kids have the option of not participating in it and choosing where they want to go just like they have for 100+ years. Nothing changes unless the kid wants to get paid.

Please read what wrote before disagreeing

To add, you could let the kid narrow down his schools to 10 or do that we’re eligible to draft him
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-25-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You can't have a draft involving kids and where they go to college. It's just not feasible. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen when some kid has his pro career tanked because he got drafted by Ole Miss and couldn't go to Bama.

The only thing that they can do is lower the amount of scholarships that they give. Which to me is too many based on the fact that every team seems to be giving at least one walk-on a full ride every year. Going with 65 scholarships would probably mean 15 man recruiting classes every year.
    Having a draft of high school kids would just make college football more and more professional. The kids have to be able to go to whatever school they want to (and get into, of course). College football has really gotten out of hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Having a draft of high school kids would just make college football more and more professional. The kids have to be able to go to whatever school they want to (and get into, of course). College football has really gotten out of hand.
    “Optional draft”

Again, reading comprehension appears to be a real issue here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    “Optional draft”

Again, reading comprehension appears to be a real issue here.
    No, I saw that part but still don't think it's the thing to do. But I'm old school. Might as well not even require them to go to school if we start going down roads like that.

vCash
    And the "legalized" player endorsement and compensation rules aren't even in effect yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    No, I saw that part but still don't think it's the thing to do. But I'm old school. Might as well not even require them to go to school if we start going down roads like that.
    +1 that's good stuff

vCash
    JMO - While skolly reductions would mitigate the composite talent disparities some, I believe the end result would be (mostly) negligible...

I'd still like to see a new, self-governing FB "classification" formed, separate from the NCAA...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    JMO - While skolly reductions would mitigate the composite talent disparities some, I believe the end result would be (mostly) negligible...

I'd still like to see a new, self-governing FB "classification" formed, separate from the NCAA...
    I don’t Think the super league will help other than destroying numerous good football programs.

The scholarship reduction won’t change who the best teams mostly are but it would narrow the gap to the point where games were more competitive and the product was better.

That’s all anyone is asking for here. Not to watch blow outs every weekend and see college football thrive. I realize as a Bama fan, seeing the reality of 90% of teams is tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I actually made a similar comment yesterday.

Oklahoma State is currently number 6, and they would get drummed by Clemson, Bama, or Ohio State.

It used to be where most top 10 could beat one another depending on the circumstances. That's not the case anymore and it makes college football pretty awful to watch at times.
    These polls mean nothing. These polls have BYU 12th. No way in hell the Playoff committee have them 12th.

vCash
    If OSU goes 8-0 and Bama goes 9-1 who has the higher seeding? What if Oregon or USC goes 7-0? This season is really going to be freaked upped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If OSU goes 8-0 and Bama goes 9-1 who has the higher seeding? What if Oregon or USC goes 7-0? This season is really going to be freaked upped.
    Doesn’t matter who the higher seed is. Bama is 30 points better than Ok St

vCash
    Alabama has like 50 five stars on the team. That's the problem. My opinion is a star limit. A team can only have so many five and four star slots on a team.

vCash
    Probably worth noting that Clemson made their way into prime time, so it can be done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Doesn?t matter who the higher seed is. Bama is 30 points better than Ok St
    OSU is Ohio State not OK State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Alabama has like 50 five stars on the team. That's the problem. My opinion is a star limit. A team can only have so many five and four star slots on a team.
    You think Bama buying 'croots Chargers was bad? Wait till you see the entire 247 staff with Bentleys and bama getting that -3* bump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    You think Bama buying 'croots Chargers was bad? Wait till you see the entire 247 staff with Bentleys and bama getting that -3* bump
    Using recruiting rankings is too subjective. Wouldn’t work. There are other more objective methods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

Oh no doubt the top programs will stay the top programs. But now, instead of 'Bama having their top 25 picks in a class, they'd have their top say, 16. That's still the best 16 player class in the country, BUT a lot of really really good players are in those last 9 in and they can go to other P5 teams and make the games far closer than they are now.

Bama, OSU, UGA, LSU, and Clemson will still be the most talented teams each year, but there's more of a chance of bad evals by a staff knocking one out of contention (16 player classes means there's less wiggle vs a 25 player class- better make sure you chose the right OT to keep), and there's a better chance of the stars aligning on a State A&M or PSU

EDIT: also the NCAA is ruled by the blue bloods and Basketball and Football. Not sure cutting off the power of Duke, Kansas, UCLA, and UNC really change much for the dynamics
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 10-25-2020 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Official NCAA star rankings. It's time for the NCAA to have an official ranking system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Official NCAA star rankings. It's time for the NCAA to have an official ranking system.
    The NCAA literally refuses to investigate a blue blood for their incredibly blatant cheating, and is ran by the big schools. Notice how every transfer is granted eligibility if it's to a big school? Any ranking system they do will be about money.

Plus they are still human, and thus can be bought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Probably worth noting that Clemson made their way into prime time, so it can be done
    Which is what this thread should be talking about.

Clemson had some football history but not a whole lot. In 99, we beat them pretty good. Since then Clemson has gotten better and better.

I see their situation as similar to ours. In state rival. Georgia just down the road to recruit against.

So what happened for them to get so strong? Their payroll rival that of a Pro-team? A lot of credit goes to Dabo but there has to be more to the story