Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Off Week Thoughts and Observations

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Off Week Thoughts and Observations

1. LSU's freshman QB looked pretty damn good last night. They also got back to being physical on offense. Brennan may have taken his last snap in BR.

2. SC on the other hand did not. Boom looks to be on his way out of the palmetto state. That wont the be the SEC's only opening though.

3. The GusBus survived it's trip to Oxford but it's just postponing the inevitable. They will lose at least 4 this year and the boosters will finally have their excuse to get rid of him without it looking bad on them. I'm not sure if Freezus has had enough time yet for people to look the other way on his baggage- but I expect Auburn to kick the tires on it with Sankey. You have to figure Southern Miss is looking at Freezus as well. I dont expect to see him at Liberty in 2021.

4. A&M is 3-1 and likely to be 7-1 before finishing with home to LSU and at Auburn. Jimbo could finish 9-1 and get people off his ass for a few months. I tried to tell people they would be pretty good this year. Too many starters returning not to be.

5. Mizzou is starting to look like I thought they would. Knew they made a good hire. They will be solid the rest of the way for sure. Curious to see how they play vs Fla this coming week.

6. Pittman has made UPig better. He went with the Coach O model- recruit and be the juice guy- hire good coordinators and let them do their thing. That program will finally improve over the next few years but I dont see those coordinators staying very long. How he replaces them will be key

7. After a good start Tenn is falling on their face. The Pruitt love is drying up quickly. He needs another good win. He still has A&M and Florida on the schedule along with a couple of toss-ups. 3 losses already starts the mountain people bitching and moaning.

8. Kentucky, Tenn, and SC all 2-3. Mizzou 2-2 because their win vs Vandy got cancelled. Who do you think comes out the best? Looks like Mizzou to me.

9. The Lane Train looks good on offense. Their RB duo is really good. Until OM recruits some defensive players- nothing much to worry about. If not for the Kentucky kicker missing an easy kick- they would be 0-5. You must play D in the SEC.

10. I figure Bama will likely be a 25 point favorite or more Saturday over us. I'll lay the points. Hopefully we can take Vandy down so we dont pull another 1988 "Tech and Ten". Go with Rogers and work for the future. If Mayden doesnt get any time this year- hard to see him sticking around. That QB room could be rather empty next year until Leach finds a walk-on or late signee for depth. I hope our signee is an early entry.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You think Napier to SC in the off season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    He would hope so. No idea if SC is interested in him though. You would have to think he has a shot at it.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Or Freeze.

If Sankey backs off on his No Freeze Rule there could be a war between South Carolina and Auburn.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Our QB recruit is not an early enrollee. Wants to play baseball his Sr year.

vCash
    How is the Vandy transfer doing?

He he good enough to be a backup?

vCash
    I thought coach Leach has 2 QB for 2021, did that change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Or Freeze.

If Sankey backs off on his No Freeze Rule there could be a war between South Carolina and Auburn.
    I don?t think Sankey will allow it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I thought coach Leach has 2 QB for 2021, did that change.
    He does.

Is Greek an early enrollee?