Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Expectations For the Bama Game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Or maybe will had not repped 2 min drill with the 1s bc he was sick.
    Well that sorta makes sense, but Rogers was pulled on 2nd down of the drive. Seems if we knew we were going 2 min drill, he'd go ahead and get Costello out there on 1st down too.

vCash
    The reason I believe Leach keeps giving Costello a shot is because he feels like he owes it to him due to convincing him to transfer here (which usually involves promises). Other reasons are The Oline problems are a big contributor to his shortcomings and Will is too young and inexperienced to put a gap between them. If either of these two things changed, Will would clearly start going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The reason I believe Leach keeps giving Costello a shot is because he feels like he owes it to him due to convincing him to transfer here (which usually involves promises). Other reasons are The Oline problems are a big contributor to his shortcomings and Will is too young and inexperienced to put a gap between them. If either of these two things changed, Will would clearly start going forward.
    I suspect (I am not an insider or at practice or anything like that so this is just a guess based on interviews) what is happening is Costello is probably practicing pretty well and not translating it over during game time. And Rogers being a freshman probably has some freshman moments in practice I'm sure which closes the gap between the two. The difference is Will performs better when the lights are on.

vCash
    Costello looks better in practice going against the scout team....making throws vs a sub par D. Then when SEC D's jump out there- it's a holy shit I'm not in the Pac-12 anymore moment for him.

Roll with Rogers and let him take his lumps and grow. He is a coaches kid- he wont fold under the pressure and it will make him better in the long run
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    I can't remember any year when we improved the next game after an off week. But my memory may not be accurate.
    ^^^THIS ^^^ Your memory is just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Costello looks better in practice going against the scout team....making throws vs a sub par D. Then when SEC D's jump out there- it's a holy shit I'm not in the Pac-12 anymore moment for him.

Roll with Rogers and let him take his lumps and grow. He is a coaches kid- he wont fold under the pressure and it will make him better in the long run
    And no crowd there. I think Costello is a complete head case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    ^^^THIS ^^^ Your memory is just fine.
    Doesn't matter this year.