Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Expectations For the Bama Game

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He might be saving Rogers life.
    Alabama gave up 45 points to Ole Miss. what have you been watching? Are we just going to not play Will all year because our offensive line sucks? If that is the case why put him in against Kentucky or A&M? They are just as good as Alabama dedensivey. He didn’t get killed against them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You're saying the decision is a no brainer. I don't think it's so cut and dry. This offense is putrid, and Bama is gonna destroy that kid if he starts.

ETA... he's thrown against Kentucky unsuccessfully, and had a little success against a totally disengaged aTm. Bama will be full speed, live... it's gonna be ugly. Let em get the start vs vandy.
    This part is a really bad take. He came in Vs Kentucky and immediately put together the best drive of the night, and threw a TD that Mitchell let get ripped away from him. Then vs A&M he put together the only drive forth a flip all night and scored. I think he's only had 4 total drives- half of them ending in TD's is REALLY good for a true Fr that missed 2 weeks of practice with Covid and didn't get many reps with the 1s. He's going to get better quickly.

As far as starting him vs Bama, I think it depends on the OL. If they've shored up just the assignments that's half the pressures eliminated. Bama's DL isn't better than A&Ms. I'd start him in that case. If the OL still sucks I can at least give some weight to the "don't let him get mentally scared" opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    This part is a really bad take. He came in Vs Kentucky and immediately put together the best drive of the night, and threw a TD that Mitchell let get ripped away from him. Then vs A&M he put together the only drive forth a flip all night and scored. I think he's only had 4 total drives- half of them ending in TD's is REALLY good for a true Fr that missed 2 weeks of practice with Covid and didn't get many reps with the 1s. He's going to get better quickly.

As far as starting him vs Bama, I think it depends on the OL. If they've shored up just the assignments that's half the pressures eliminated. Bama's DL isn't better than A&Ms. I'd start him in that case. If the OL still sucks I can at least give some weight to the "don't let him get mentally scared" opinion.
    9/15 43 yds (2.9 yds/att) 0 td 2 int
    20.7 qbr

vCash
    9/15 43 yds (2.9 yds/att) 0 td 2 int
    20.7 qbr
    1 TD 1 INT, you're smart enough to see that Mitchell is at fault for that first one. In fact I'm done with this, I need to stop engaging with people who don't argue in good faith- if you were willing to have a real discussion, you wouldn't bring up the Mitchell INT

vCash
    1 TD 1 INT, you're smart enough to see that Mitchell is at fault for that first one. In fact I'm done with this, I need to stop engaging with people who don't argue in good faith- if you were willing to have a real discussion, you wouldn't bring up the Mitchell INT
    I deal in reality. Ifs ands and buts are fantasy

vCash
    I need to stop engaging with people who don't argue in good faith- if you were willing to have a real discussion, you wouldn't bring up the Mitchell INT
    Completely agree. He plays Devil's Advocate just to play it. I've never understood by have accepted it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I deal in reality. Ifs ands and buts are fantasy
    Which doesn't actually help in making predictions.

Sure, you sound smart when you say that, but it's actually counter productive to you accurately predicting what's going to happen next. To be good at that, you've got to balance reality with the ifs and buts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Which doesn't actually help in making predictions.

Sure, you sound smart when you say that, but it's actually counter productive to you accurately predicting what's going to happen next. To be good at that, you've got to balance reality with the ifs and buts.
    Look, I saw enough in Rogers vs aTm to want him to get a shot, but the Kentucky game was awful. Almost every pass was just a dump off evident by the yds/att.

vCash
    Look, I saw enough in Rogers vs aTm to want him to get a shot, but the Kentucky game was awful. Almost every pass was just a dump off evident by the yds/att.
    But that's your opinion and not reality. What you say is reality is actually just your opinion with stats you found to fit your narrative.

vCash
    But that's your opinion and not reality. What you say is reality is actually just your opinion with stats you found to fit your narrative.
    Why do you think leach pulled Rogers in that game and went back to Costello? I mean, Rogers was killing it, right?

vCash
    Why do you think leach pulled Rogers in that game and went back to Costello? I mean, Rogers was killing it, right?
    I personally think Leach is struggling with the Rogers thing because he's always valued experience and age at QB. I think I heard at one point that he hated young QBs. So, I think in many ways he's fighting his own beliefs in the game of football right now.

vCash
    I personally think Leach is struggling with the Rogers thing because he's always valued experience and age at QB. I think I heard at one point that he hated young QBs. So, I think in many ways he's fighting his own beliefs in the game of football right now.
    I think he replaced Costello with Rogers bc Costello was very ineffective. I think he replaced Rogers with Costello for the same reason. Neither were good... not even remotely.

vCash
    I think he replaced Costello with Rogers bc Costello was very ineffective. I think he replaced Rogers with Costello for the same reason. Neither were good... not even remotely.
    Y'all better get ready for costello to start against Bama

vCash
    The reality is Rogers practiced about half of that week. The other reality is yes, Osiris bitched out and cost us a TD pass and that wasn't Rogers fault. A lot of QB's- like Brady would have jumped his ass on the sideline for that shit effort. The other INT was the last play of the game where he tried to push the ball down the field which is exactly what a QB should do in that situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Well, Gun, you are going to be disappointed. Bama will score as much as they want and we might score a garbage score in the 4th quarter. This game will be over before the half......maybe in the 1st quarter.
    I disagree with this and our defense deserves more respect than this.

vCash
    Yep. The thing about how Leach runs his offense- he gives a formation, a play and usually a check. The play is merely a suggestion. Leach relies on the QB to change the play and expects the QB to change the play and essentially call the game because in Leach's view the QB can see things better from his point of view. And that's why Leach tends to err on the side of experience at the QB position. The unique thing here is Rogers has more experience in a system like the Air Raid than Costello does even though he is a younger and less experienced player. And the other part of that is I don't think Costello knows the offense well enough to know what to call or do vs an 8 man coverage. And that's why I think Costello has lost his confidence. He just simply does not know the offense well enough at this point to know what to do. It seems to me like we run mesh every almost every play almost or inside zone and we haven't really seen a lot of wheel routes with the RB, not very many screens, not a lot of four verticals, etc. Some of those plays could be effective against an 8 man zone.

vCash
    I think he was hoping that by giving Costello a step back he could re-focus and it didn't work and then he pulled Rogers after he made a risky throw while going down to the ground. Fact of the matter remains that he eventually pulled Costello again and Rogers played better than Costello especially if you know the context of what happened in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Y'all better get ready for costello to start against Bama
    Would not shock me at all. I was laughing at the Texas A&M game about Costello's "short leash" that lasted well into the third quarter. I do think that if Costello starts Rogers will play as well.

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    Leach will do what he thinks is best. I kind of think we need to go with rogers myself though. The Oline has got to get better regardless of who's in there. I understand some points with not starting rogers as you don't want to kill his confidence but if he is head strong like dak it will only build a fire to go harder and get better.

vCash
    If Leach is in to win this year, Will starts. If leach is trying not to ruin his QB, Costello starts

vCash
    Or maybe will had not repped 2 min drill with the 1s bc he was sick. But to your point, there is something holding leach back from starting will