Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Expectations For the Bama Game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Good coaches don?t do what you?re asking
    Is mullen a good coach? He didn't start dak right away, but let him work himself into being ready. Same with saban and tua. Same with urban and Tebow. Now granted, I don't Rogers is on their level, and I doubt leach sees Rogers as long term guy anyway with sawyer committed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is mullen a good coach? He didn't start dak right away, but let him work himself into being ready. Same with saban and tua. Same with urban and Tebow. Now granted, I don't Rogers is on their level, and I doubt leach sees Rogers as long term guy anyway with sawyer committed.
    Both Mullen and Urban had adequate starters though. Leake and Russell were likely more effective when both Tebow and Dak were really young.

Thus it?s a completely different situation. My guess, however, is that Tebow and Dak would?ve both played well if given the opportunity as a FR because DUDES are DUDES and playing most certainly wouldn?t have hurt their confidence

vCash
    Tyler Russell never struggled like KJ is. And let's be honest-many of Dan's personnel decisions were questionable throughout his tenure. Especially after 2010.

vCash
    Start Will and KH and just run the draw and punt. Or maybe we just should cancel the game. Whatever.

Anybody going to watch if it is on TV?

vCash
    Why do you put yourself through this? Alabama is going to score as many points as they want to and we *might* score a touchdown before the 4th quarter.

vCash
    63 to 3 Bama, their defense will have more yards in sacks than the dawgs have rushing. Wish it wasn't so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    63 to 3 Bama, their defense will have more yards in sacks than the dawgs have rushing. Wish it wasn't so
    Good lord you people.

vCash
    Good lord you people.
    Don't know about score, but sacks vs our running yards is an interesting thought. Last week vs aTm, -2 rushing and 6 sacks allowed

vCash
    Don't know about score, but sacks vs our running yards is an interesting thought. Last week vs aTm, -2 rushing and 6 sacks allowed
    Hopefully we figured somethings out at practice. Our pieces and parts are better than the way we’ve played. I’m hoping for a 38-17 type game.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hopefully we figured somethings out at practice. Our pieces and parts are better than the way we?ve played. I?m hoping for a 38-17 type game.
    Now that is funny. After 25+ years of doing something, it is going to take Leach more than 3 games to think he needs to change anything. We'll see the same thing rest of the year and probably into next year.

17 against Bama D where on O we've scored 21 pts in 3 games?

Love our D but injuries and not having an O is going to catch up with us - this week.

Hope I'm wrong and we do an about face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Now that is funny. After 25+ years of doing something, it is going to take Leach more than 3 games to think he needs to change anything. We'll see the same thing rest of the year and probably into next year.

Love our D but injuries and not having an O is going to catch up with us - this week.

I’m not of the opinion that each has to change much for us to get going on offense.

Sorry I reject that narrative currently.

vCash
    Hopefully we figured somethings out at practice. Our pieces and parts are better than the way we’ve played. I’m hoping for a 38-17 type game.
    17? That's only if we get points in garbage time. Will may be the future..... but Alabama will pin their ears back and blitz 3 against us and probably have 6 sacks by halftime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    17? That's only if we get points in garbage time. Will may be the future..... but Alabama will pin their ears back and blitz 3 against us and probably have 6 sacks by halftime.
    We’ll see

vCash
    We have talent- but the problem is our veteran talent has crapped out this year. Especially Costello and Hill. Osiris drops way too many passes and has always been nothing more than average and Eiland has feet made out of concrete. Those are our main upperclass playmakers/impact guys coming into this year. Those guys are killing the offense this year.

Most of the rest of the team has talent but they're young- Rogers, Marks, Dillion Johnson, Walley, Cross, Dolla Bill, and Cole Smith- all are sophomores or younger. They will be good in time. Defense is about the same except they have guys like Kobe, Spencer, and Errol who are actually performing. That's the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Biggest thing is the offensive line needs to figure out who the hell they are blocking.

And Leach needs to figure out that Costello is a complete head case and that we need to go with Rogers going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    You think we'll be close enough to score a field goal? Counting on a turnover? **

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Alabama is not dominant defensively. Not starting Will is a ridiculous take, even if they were. I can’t believe the way some people think. We won’t win and it won’t be close, but damn. Don’t start the best player because he may get rattled? Lord have mercy
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-25-2020 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Alabama is not dominant defensively. Not starting Will is a ridiculous take, even if they were. I can’t believe the way some people think. We won’t win and it won’t be close, but damn. Don’t start the best player because he may get rattled? Lord have mercy
    So what do you think of leach if Costello starts?

vCash
    He might be saving Rogers life.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I will think he believes KJ is the best option to play (Will is starting by the way). I would not agree with him in that assessment but he is not holding Will out because he thinks he may shatter his confidence.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-25-2020 at 07:08 PM.