Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Expectations For the Bama Game

vCash

My Expectations For the Bama Game

- We?re going to lose.
    - Bama has given on average 26 points per game this year, but they laid an Egg in Oxford and thus we need to readjust the average. My expectation: 17 pre 4th quarter/ garbage time points.
    - My expectation is that Will Rogers shows signs of making the offense explosive. He?ll make some FR mistakes, but I don?t care about those. I just care about his ability to make plays.
    - I?m not sure how to create OL expectations, but I don?t want to see missed assignments. If a Bama player just out athletes our RT, then I can live with that.
    - Bama is averaging 48 points per game, my expectation is that we keep them at 42 or less and tackle well.
    - We are within 2 scores into the 3rd quarter.

I will judge this game based off those expectations rather than win/loss. We need to see progress with this team, but the only way to measure that is to set reasonable expectations on the sliding scale of Bama.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-25-2020 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Not sure starting Rogers is a good plan. We will not be able to block them, and they're gonna tee off on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure starting Rogers is a good plan. We will not be able to block them, and they're gonna tee off on him.
    You have to start him. If he?s a GUY he?ll play well. Trying to protect young players is a no go IMO. The good ones step up.

Bama?s defense hasn?t been great. They?ll look about like A&M?s, which wasn?t overwhelming.

We should compete in this game for a while IMO with them pulling away in the 3rd. Anything less is a disappointment

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    So if leach doesn't, you want em fired? I mean, he has to, right?
    Uh no. I?ll just be disappointed.

Where did you come up with stupid notion that I would want him fired? Are you an idiot with 3rd grade reading comprehension?

I think we should have gotten better with the bye week and these are my expectations

vCash
    Delete
    Smart of you to delete your troll attempt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Uh no. I?ll just be disappointed.

Where did you come up with stupid notion that I would want him fired? Are you an idiot with 3rd grade reading comprehension?

I think we should have gotten better with the bye week and these are my expectations
    You're saying the decision is a no brainer. I don't think it's so cut and dry. This offense is putrid, and Bama is gonna destroy that kid if he starts.

ETA... he's thrown against Kentucky unsuccessfully, and had a little success against a totally disengaged aTm. Bama will be full speed, live... it's gonna be ugly. Let em get the start vs vandy.

vCash
    You're saying the decision is a no brainer. I don't think it's so cut and dry. This offense is putrid, and Bama is gonna destroy that kid if he starts.
    If we got better in the off week and don?t miss assignments they won?t.

A&M didn?t kill Rogers and A&M?s defense is right there with Bama?s

Your basing your opinion on Bama?s helmet and not what their defense has been lately.

Will should do some good things in this game.

vCash

ETA... he's thrown against Kentucky unsuccessfully, and had a little success against a totally disengaged aTm. Bama will be full speed, live... it's gonna be ugly. Let em get the start vs vandy.
    You?re entitled to your opinion although I disagree. You?re basically contorting A&M?s defense to fit your narrative.

I just don?t believe in hiding players. Good players step up and make plays. We need to find ASAP if Rogers is good.

The other option is to start KJ, which gives us no chance to move the ball.

vCash
    We gonna get blowed up.

But maybe we will score a couple Td’s. Our secondary is going to get exposed and exploited. We will lose by more than 24 points.

We just have to make sure Bama doesn’t beat us next weekend too when we play Vandy because, honestly, I see them as our only win left on the season.

vCash
    I feel sorry for whoever is QB. He is not going to survive.

vCash
    You start KJ this week. Bring in Rogers when Bama calls off the dogs.

Start Rogers next week when he has a real opportunity to run the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

I disagree. You start Rogers and don?t look back.

I?m not a believer in protecting freshmen. It takes a mentally tough person to play QB in the SEC and you?re better off finding out quickly whether or not your young QB has that.

If Will is a GUY, he?ll show some good things at Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I feel sorry for whoever is QB. He is not going to survive.
    Depends on how we?ve practiced the past 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If we got better in the off week and don?t miss assignments they won?t.

A&M didn?t kill Rogers and A&M?s defense is right there with Bama?s

Your basing your opinion on Bama?s helmet and not what their defense has been lately.

Will should do some good things in this game.
    I can't remember any year when we improved the next game after an off week. But my memory may not be accurate.

vCash
    Well, Gun, you are going to be disappointed. Bama will score as much as they want and we might score a garbage score in the 4th quarter. This game will be over before the half......maybe in the 1st quarter.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    I can't remember any year when we improved the next game after an off week. But my memory may not be accurate.
    True but it?s hard for us to be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

I think this is putting the kid in a situation to succeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Well, Gun, you are going to be disappointed. Bama will score as much as they want and we might score a garbage score in the 4th quarter. This game will be over before the half......maybe in the 1st quarter.
    Maybe. I?m always optimistic. What you describe would be unacceptable and very disheartening to me.

vCash
    I think this is putting the kid in a situation to succeed.
    Good coaches don?t do what you?re asking