Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli Drinkwitz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You go off the deep end every year it seems... Stevens better passer than dak. Now Rogers is the savior
    I still say that Stevens threw a better ball than college Dak. It?s just that everything else sucked.

But you?re mostly correct. I jump to conclusions on our QBs too quickly.

That being said, we know KJ isn?t good, and Will seems to have a chance to be good. We need to find out now.

vCash
    I'm just glad he had enough sense not to hire Nick Saban and Little Nickie come in here be 1 and 3 because he is a washed up coach. Thank God!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I still say that Stevens threw a better ball than college Dak. It?s just that everything else sucked.

But you?re mostly correct. I jump to conclusions on our QBs too quickly.

That being said, we know KJ isn?t good, and Will seems to have a chance to be good. We need to find out now.
    I'm with you on Rogers. I just wanna wait a week. Tuscaloosa is one hell of a place to debut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So you?re ready to change hiring practices after 4 games?
    No that's not what I'm saying. Obviously the odds are Leach is the best of the 4. I'm not advocating we just throw a dart at a list of names

What I'm saying is we as fans need to chill out. We shouldn't obsess over the resumes of people or go "well X hasn't showed me enough" or be confident we/another school did good or failed. We still won't know anything for another 2ish years honestly. Even now I'd take Leach again if you offered me a choice between the 4. Maybe that'll be different in a year

vCash
    I'm with you on Rogers. I just wanna wait a week. Tuscaloosa is one hell of a place to debut
    Which is understandable. It?s just from experience in this area, that I don?t think protecting him does any good and that TYPICALLY good players will show you they?re good players vs everyone. They may make mistakes but they flash good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I'm just glad he had enough sense not to hire Nick Saban and Little Nickie come in here be 1 and 3 because he is a washed up coach. Thank God!
    Saban removes any doubt of future success bc he recruits better than anyone, ever. When saban struggled at Bama his first year, he was putting together perhaps the best recruiting class ever

vCash
    Saban removes any doubt of future success bc he recruits better than anyone, ever. When saban struggled at Bama his first year, he was putting together perhaps the best recruiting class ever
    They were busy buying bags that year for the future. They must have bought a lot of bags.

vCash
    Drinkwitz realizing lsu was weak against the pass and Kentucky was weak against the run and having the ability to exploit both with a multiple offense is the sign of a good coach imo.
    I agree with this. Coaches that don't adapt will never overachieve.

vCash
    I remember a lot of people on here thought Napier was better than Drinkwitz even though Drinkwitz beat him twice. I was hoping Cohen would redeem himself for hiring Moorhead over Neal Brown and Scott Satterfield. Pretty soon there will be a thread on Jamie Chadwell as well. Another guy who will be at a major school soon. Klieman was also available when we hired Moorhead.

vCash
    Funny that Saban was an average recruiter at mich state, got to l$u and tu$caloo$a and became the best recruiter in the history of the sport at 50 years old. Crazy. Not saying not true. Just crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Drinkwitz, Satterfield, Neal Brown, were all on the market 3 years ago when Cohen passed them up to hire Moorehead.
    To be fair, no P5 program was looking to hire an OC at NC St, Drinkwitz, as a first time HC when we hired Moorehead. That wasn?t a pass by Cohen and this board would have melted if we had made that hire over Moorehead at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I remember a lot of people on here thought Napier was better than Drinkwitz even though Drinkwitz beat him twice. I was hoping Cohen would redeem himself for hiring Moorhead over Neal Brown and Scott Satterfield. Pretty soon there will be a thread on Jamie Chadwell as well. Another guy who will be at a major school soon. Klieman was also available when we hired Moorhead.
    I don't know about Chadwell- he has some NCAA issues in his past at other schools.

Cohen's biggest issue with the Moorhead hire was he took advice from other failed MSU AD's about MSU only being able to hire an up and coming coordinator for our football position.

vCash
    The fact that even he struggled should tell our fans something about being patient. It's not like he took over a complete dumpster fire of a program over.