Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Auburn pad Cam money for Bo they should get a refund

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    If Leach turns things around at any point and has consistent success, it will not be because his offense works. It will be because he made adjustments.
    Couldn't have said it any better. And unfortunately we have 20 years of evidence he doesn't adjust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better. And unfortunately we have 20 years of evidence he doesn't adjust.
    So players executing the same offense better would have nothing to do with it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So players executing the same offense better would have nothing to do with it?
    You've finally gotten it!

vCash
    The biggest adjustment he needs to make is at QB. He just needs to bite the bullet and start Rogers and go full on youth movement. No reason not to with Costello going full on head case and Kylin basically officially unofficially gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The biggest adjustment he needs to make is at QB. He just needs to bite the bullet and start Rogers and go full on youth movement. No reason not to with Costello going full on head case and Kylin basically officially unofficially gone.
    Lol, nope. Might help marginally. Might not. That's not the main issue.

vCash
    Lol, nope. Might help marginally. Might not. That's not the main issue.
    You could say that same about trying to run the ball more. In fact the evidence out there suggests that it wouldn't by the way we tried that toss play which didn't do much.

Anyway, it absolutely is the main issue. If you understood the Air Raid you would understand why.

And don't come on here and nah, nah, nah, nah when Bama kicks our ass after we start Will Rogers.

vCash
    Or we just have a QB that knows where to go with the ball and OL that understands the scheme better.

What you don't get is that you think the players actually know what they're doing right now. Additionally, Leach has had trouble in his 1st year at every program he's taken over.

Did he make adjustments in year 2 and 3 at those other programs or did the players just perfect the system more?

I really don't understand your logic at all. Real football isn't Madden where the players perfectly run every play. These are real humans that didn't have Spring practice and are learning on the fly.

IDK, maybe I'm out of touch, but that's common sense to me. Maybe it's wrong.
    I don't think the players know what they are doing right now. That's pretty obvious.
    And I don't expect you to understand my logic. I have actually played this game at a very competitive level and your understanding of the game says that you haven't.

vCash
    I don't think the players know what they are doing right now. That's pretty obvious.
    And I don't expect you to understand my logic. I have actually played this game at a very competitive level and your understanding of the game says that you haven't.
    Oh get out of here with that "I'm not going to address your points or explain my own, I'm just going to appeal to my own authority and say you're dumb" logical fallacy BS.

Either be willing to discuss points to those that question your view or dont' comment at all. NEVER come with this "actually I played so am infinitely smarter than you and don't have ot explain why I'm right" crap. It's mentally weak and contributes nothing to the board, just to your own ego

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You could say that same about trying to run the ball more. In fact the evidence out there suggests that it wouldn't by the way we tried that toss play which didn't do much.

Anyway, it absolutely is the main issue. If you understood the Air Raid you would understand why.

And don't come on here and nah, nah, nah, nah when Bama kicks our ass after we start Will Rogers.
    I thought the toss play was good.

You didn?t think it did much?

vCash
    You've finally gotten it!
    Not sure we?re on the same page Chief

vCash
    Ok. Most times players lack perspective and I?ve done a lot of things that allow me to understand that and you not to be able to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Oh get out of here with that "I'm not going to address your points or explain my own, I'm just going to appeal to my own authority and say you're dumb" logical fallacy BS.

Either be willing to discuss points to those that question your view or dont' comment at all. NEVER come with this "actually I played so am infinitely smarter than you and don't have ot explain why I'm right" crap. It's mentally weak and contributes nothing to the board, just to your own ego
    Players that try to show authority because they played are idiots. You see it all the time and it?s because they can?t explain it and don?t understand it at a high enough level to actually explain it.

In dealing thousands of players over the years, I?ve generally learned that they lack perspective. It?s not until they seek out understanding and knowledge that their playing background, and instincts that come with that, actually matters.

vCash
    Players that try to show authority because they played are idiots. You see it all the time and it?s because they can?t explain it and don?t understand it at a high enough level to actually explain it.

In dealing thousands of players over the years, I?ve generally learned that they lack perspective. It?s not until they seek out understanding and knowledge that their playing background, and instincts that come with that, actually matters.
    Yep. Ability to execute something on the ground and ability to form overall strategy and keep the big picture in mind are completely separate things. Of course, having done something on the ground does put you closer to the people who strategize so real world experience does help, but like you say many people just assume that playing CB at a high level = they'd be the best DC of the entire message board, when in reality there's probably a few strategic fans that have read books and know more overall about defenses. Same goes for military- you can be a great soldier and have no clue how to move divisions around to win a war. But being a soldier does put you closer to military strategy than the vast majority of non-soldiers will ever get, so it's not worthless by any means.

Like does anyone think that no message board posters that didn't play basketball could comprehend the problems in Rick Ray's teams? That nobody that didn't play football could see a problem in JoMo's offense and culture? Of course we can. And believe me, those people people are a heck of a lot more qualified to come onto this board and tell us "I'm not going to explain myself because you couldn't possibly understand the depths of my experience" than Cowbell or C34 or any other poster ever will be able to say.

I dont' have to have experience with woodworking to notice the table is wobbly. I don't have to be Lebron James to know when a team is taking poor shots. I don't have to be a former OL to see our OL missing assignments and Eiland having slow feet. And I don't have to be a QB to know Will Rogers will certainly help this O to some extent

vCash

Dude, this was in response to him claiming that I looked at this like a madden Nintendo game. And him claiming that I "don't get it". So I was just making sure he realized the perspective I'm coming from. So settle down.

vCash
    Dude, this was in response to him claiming that I looked at this like a madden Nintendo game. And him claiming that I "don't get it". So I was just making sure he realized the perspective I'm coming from. So settle down.
    Then call him an idiot for that take, don't go "well I played so I know more than you and I don't have to explain myself". That's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. At least Shotgun explains his (admitedly often terrible) takes. Love you shotgun lol

vCash
    Then call him an idiot for that take, don't go "well I played so I know more than you and I don't have to explain myself". That's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. At least Shotgun explains his (admitedly often terrible) takes. Love you shotgun lol
    Oooohhhhh I get it now.... I never realized Gun's wife was a poster. That's actually pretty cool. I get why he spends so much time on here now.....

vCash
    Oooohhhhh I get it now.... I never realized Gun's wife was a poster. That's actually pretty cool. I get why he spends so much time on here now.....
    Actually, you might be onto something. Of late, Shotgun's posts do not have the old flavor.

vCash
    Buddy i don't think I could go a day living with him. I mean he makes 30 posts a day here, could you imagine how many thoughts he has that don't make the cut?? I don't want to hear all that. Though I am convinced that one poster last year was JoMo's wife, what was that username?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Bo Nix is awful
    Him and Kellen Mond.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    It'll work.

I think people were so excited to finally see Leach's offense in the SEC that they want to jump to conclusion entirely too early
    That and we set the alltime sec passing yard record on his first outing @ deathvalley against the defending national champs.
    Downvotes_Hype