Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Auburn pad Cam money for Bo they should get a refund

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Our offense is hot garbage. Auburn has scored 4 touchdowns today. We haven't done that in 3 games combined.
    And we haven't played Ole Miss yet either
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I wish Leach would put some RPO into his air raid

vCash
    Ah wearing a team down with the running game in the fourth quarter. I will miss that

vCash
    Auburn's D is hot garbage

vCash
    Auburn is the luckiest team I've ever seen.

They win a Natty in '10 because our poor boosters can't pay Cam's dad $180k

The play for Natty in '13 because of 2 of the luckiest endings I've ever seen.

2 weeks ago they beat Arkansas because of the clearest missed call I've ever seen.

Now they have a chance to get the ball back and win after indisputable video evidence showing they touched the kickoff... yet the refs ruled it wrong on the field and the replay booth somehow missed it. It was incredibly clear on the first view of the replay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I wish Leach would put some RPO into his air raid
    Agree. Nothing is so good that is doesn't have to change over the long haul. Leach must adapt his O or he will fail. Look at any O philosophy since football was invented. One dimensional teams also are limited in their success. See the academy schools.

vCash
    Thaaaat?s a shame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree. Nothing is so good that is doesn't have to change over the long haul. Leach must adapt his O or he will fail. Look at any O philosophy since football was invented. One dimensional teams also are limited in their success. See the academy schools.
    The crazy thing is RPO isn't even making us more "balanced"; we could run it instead of doing normal handoffs when we get a 5 man box. Make the LBs choose whether to play the run or drop into their zone and have the slot receiver sprint to that vacated area.

If used like that it would make us MORE of an air raid than we are now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Auburn is the luckiest team I've ever seen.

They win a Natty in '10 because our poor boosters can't pay Cam's dad $180k

The play for Natty in '13 because of 2 of the luckiest endings I've ever seen.

2 weeks ago they beat Arkansas because of the clearest missed call I've ever seen.

Now they have a chance to get the ball back and win after indisputable video evidence showing they touched the kickoff... yet the refs ruled it wrong on the field and the replay booth somehow missed it. It was incredibly clear on the first view of the replay
    I hate Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Ah wearing a team down with the running game in the fourth quarter. I will miss that
    And they beat Ole Miss on a Mike Leach special.

vCash
    "Yeah, this is regression...

Game 1 - 632 yds
    Game 2 - 400 yds
    Game 3 - 295 yds
    Game 4 - 217 yds

Anyone know who this is? Yikes

ETA... 217 yds in a college football game "

It will definitely move back near week one numbers next week!!!
    Last edited by PendingTransaction; 10-24-2020 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Add quote

vCash
    Waddle just left the field and looks badly injured

vCash
    Waddle just left the field and looks badly injured
    That sucks. They could lose top 5 WRs and destroy us... I don't want a talented kid to get hurt

vCash
    Well...well... we don't have our players***
    No spring practice ***

vCash
    We ain't won shit as a running team, which is the reason you try something new. We've got to evolve to the new era of football or we'll get left behind.

We're doing the right thing
    You have to be multiple. Leach's passing attack with a mobile QB and a power run game. That's what LSU was last year. That's what Ole Miss is this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You have to be multiple. Leach's passing attack with a mobile QB and a power run game. That's what LSU was last year. That's what Ole Miss is this year.
    You may be right, but I do find it hilarious how people have made their mind up after 4 games when this guy has been running this offense successfully for 20 years.

And I know you'll respond that he's never coached in the SEC and the SEC is different, and you may be totally correct in that assessment, but, it's only 4 games.

In a year, if we are still stuck in the mud, then I'll be right there with you, but, after 4 games compared to 20 years of Mike Leach, I'm going to lean towards us not having enough information yet to say what you've GOT TO BE

vCash
    We will see if he adjusts. He can definitely win big here if he doesn't rest on his laurels. I call him Joe Lee Leach. But he's smarter than Joe Lee.

But I do know throwing 60 passes into a 3-8 is not going to work. I know that. 1 game, 4 games, 20 games, you don't pass your way out of a 3-8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We will see if he adjusts. He can definitely win big here if he doesn't rest on his laurels. I call him Joe Lee Leach. But he's smarter than Joe Lee.

But I do know throwing 60 passes into a 3-8 is not going to work. I know that. 1 game, 4 games, 20 games, you don't pass your way out of a 3-8.
    I agree and I think as the QB and OL play gets better, we'll actually run it more.

At the height of the his Wazzou stint, Leach ran the ball about 30% of the time with Minshew and we're currently at 24%. Not a huge change, but when you consider the sacks we're currently giving up, we're likely going to run it at least 5 more times a game.

vCash
    You may be right, but I do find it hilarious how people have made their mind up after 4 games when this guy has been running this offense successfully for 20 years.

And I know you'll respond that he's never coached in the SEC and the SEC is different, and you may be totally correct in that assessment, but, it's only 4 games.

In a year, if we are still stuck in the mud, then I'll be right there with you, but, after 4 games compared to 20 years of Mike Leach, I'm going to lean towards us not having enough information yet to say what you've GOT TO BE
    Gun, you still don't get it. It's not that people have their minds made up. It's that Leach has not made noticeable adjustments In three games of the worst offensive football in State history. That's a bad sign. Regardless of anyone's past successes, that's a concern. That means that we have to hope everything goes right or our offense is going to stall. That is not how you have consistent success in this league. If Leach turns things around at any point and has consistent success, it will not be because his offense works. It will be because he made adjustments.

vCash
    Gun, you still don't get it. It's not that people have their minds made up. It's that Leach has not made noticeable adjustments In three games of the worst offensive football in State history. That's a bad sign. Regardless of anyone's past successes, that's a concern. That means that we have to hope everything goes right or our offense is going to stall. That is not how you have consistent success in this league. If Leach turns things around at any point and has consistent success, it will not be because his offense works. It will be because he made adjustments.
    Or we just have a QB that knows where to go with the ball and OL that understands the scheme better.

What you don't get is that you think the players actually know what they're doing right now. Additionally, Leach has had trouble in his 1st year at every program he's taken over.

Did he make adjustments in year 2 and 3 at those other programs or did the players just perfect the system more?

I really don't understand your logic at all. Real football isn't Madden where the players perfectly run every play. These are real humans that didn't have Spring practice and are learning on the fly.

IDK, maybe I'm out of touch, but that's common sense to me. Maybe it's wrong.