Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Yet...another...tropical system brewing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    That was some crazy shit, winds are still howling. We have multiple trees down on our property. Surge finally going back out but we were about an inch or two from having the bayou in our house. I doubt we?ll have power anytime soon, still have water for now. Hope the rest of y?all on the Coast are doing ok.
    I'm sorry about that Timber..... You have a generator?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I'm sorry about that Timber..... You have a generator?
    Thank you. We don?t but a couple neighbors do. My plan was always to haul ass if it was something I might need a generator for. I?m rethinking the hell out of that plan right now.

vCash
    Praying for safety for everyone in the path of this thing. I believe we were fortunate here in jones county so far. Looks like most of the bad stuff went east of us. Praying for y'all's safety!

vCash
    I was finally able to go outside and look a little bit. We have a small wooden crank structure that hold our boat up at the bayou. I saw part of that at the side of my house probably 30-40 yards away from where the boat is supposed to be. Pier and boat likely smashed by two trees, it?s all still underwater though so hard to tell.

vCash
    I was finally able to go outside and look a little bit. We have a small wooden crank structure that hold our boat up at the bayou. I saw part of that at the side of my house probably 30-40 yards away from where the boat is supposed to be. Pier and boat likely smashed by two trees, it?s all still underwater though so hard to tell.
    Dang man I'm sorry to hear that. I have several good friends on the coast. Roofs are gone, fences gone, trees, etc. be down there helping them cleanup this weekend. Heartbreaking!

vCash
    Worries me that not many on the coast have chimed in. Parabrave, hope the water didn?t get too high up on you. I was just walking around my house and im definitely worried about our AC unit. It?s a puzzle seeing 2x4 and 4x4 in the yard trying to figure out where they are from or if they are ours or not.

vCash
    Having hurricane force wind gusts here in Central Alabama very early this morning. Haven't seen wind like this here in Central AL from a tropical system since Ivan.

We are over 150,000 power outages already and some 911 lines are down in some areas in Central AL. Not something we usually see here from this.

And my power went out literally as I was typing this...

vCash
    Slightly off topic but do any of yall have a good source for 24 hr precipitation totals? I am having a hard time finding one that will provide rainfall totals for smaller towns like Pickensville AL etc. Didn't know if there was an app or something out there that may be a little easier to find the data.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Slightly off topic but do any of yall have a good source for 24 hr precipitation totals? I am having a hard time finding one that will provide rainfall totals for smaller towns like Pickensville AL etc. Didn't know if there was an app or something out there that may be a little easier to find the data.
    Try the CoCoRaHS network. Here's the link: https://www.cocorahs.org/

The southeast has a good track record of having a lot of community data points that are reported to give you an idea locally of how much rainfall or precipitation others around you got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Having hurricane force wind gusts here in Central Alabama very early this morning. Haven't seen wind like this here in Central AL from a tropical system since Ivan.

We are over 150,000 power outages already and some 911 lines are down in some areas in Central AL. Not something we usually see here from this.

And my power went out literally as I was typing this...
    same here in Atlanta ... trees down and power out everywhere. Crazy that it's doing damage this far inland
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Came right over us here in Perry County, one tree down that I saw on my way to work this morning. Eye went over my Pop's house, no real damage. Heck our power was back on by 5am. Glad we got off so easy, hate it for the ones that didn't. I did hear that the Mississippi Power customers may be out for a while due to transmission line damage.

vCash
    I know I easily saw 20 transformers blow last night, for a while the light from the them blowing was the only way we could see how high the water was getting.

vCash
    Thank you. We don?t but a couple neighbors do. My plan was always to haul ass if it was something I might need a generator for. I?m rethinking the hell out of that plan right now.
    The tornado in 2011 cut my power for 3 days..... since then, I bought a generator so I wouldn't have to go through that again. It's really not a bad investment.

vCash
    Glad everyone is alright it sounds like. was surprised how much it ramped up yesterday. Saw a good graphic this morning showing how the low over Ok/TX didn't move east as much as initial thought. that would have provided shear all the way up to landfall and then rushed it to the NE fast. instead it didn't shear but vented the storm allowing it to gain strength even with the cooler gulf temps. it even got more organized several hours into landfall.

vCash
    There's another possible storm development in the Caribbean. If it forms, it'll be Eta (unless another storm forms first).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    There's another possible storm development in the Caribbean. If it forms, it'll be Eta (unless another storm forms first).
    Hopefully, if it forms it'll head into Mexico and not into the Gulf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Hopefully, if it forms it'll head into Mexico and not into the Gulf.
    OK, all of you weather forecasters are FIRED! We need forecasts for good fall type weather, clear skies, cool/cold temps so we can enjoy the beautiful fall colors in MS .. yes that is right, fall colors in MS! So tell the good weather forecasters, there are job openings, no need to apply, just show up and forecast!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    OK, all of you weather forecasters are FIRED! We need forecasts for good fall type weather, clear skies, cool/cold temps so we can enjoy the beautiful fall colors in MS .. yes that is right, fall colors in MS! So tell the good weather forecasters, there are job openings, no need to apply, just show up and forecast!

First frost possible Sunday and Monday nights for the Highway 82 corridor. How's that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    First frost possible Sunday and Monday nights for the Highway 82 corridor. How's that?

It's a start, can you bring the frost a little further south to Madison?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post

The temp has dropped about 20 degrees here since mid-afternoon, and it's still falling. Strong winds too - stronger from the front that from Zeta that went well south of us. Not many leaves left on the trees. Should have our first freeze (it's already been to 34 with frost) this weekend, maybe tomorrow night. Not a lot of leaf color this year though.

It's a good thing we're not playing tonight because of the wind - that would ruin any chance of Costello having much success with passing. It should be nice and calm, but quite chilly, Saturday in Tuscasloosa.