Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yet...another...tropical system brewing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    It's a start, can you bring the frost a little further south to Madison?
    It might happen down there. Maybe not a freeze, but frost in some areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    It's a start, can you bring the frost a little further south to Madison?
    Monday night Forecast your area...patchy frost after 1:00am. Low 36.

vCash
    Real fall weather and no storms! Gosh, that makes me want to cry! I know, I'm an old softy!

vCash
    Still no power at our house in Ocean Springs. I know there are plenty that do have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Still no power at our house in Ocean Springs. I know there are plenty that do have it.
    Power came back on right as I clicked post reply. That was a trip.

vCash
    Timber thanks for checking in on me. I stayed at a friend's house off of 2nd street in Gulfport. Just trees and limbs. A few buildings had some structure damage. It seemed that wherever a tree fell it took out a line or pole. Dam near every street had lines taken out. Winds only got to sustained 80 gusts to 100 in Gulfport. Water covered 90 in places where it always flood. On big lake water got up maybe 5 ft. Gonna be a while till we get power in channel place cove drive🚗

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Timber thanks for checking in on me. I stayed at a friend's house off of 2nd street in Gulfport. Just trees and limbs. A few buildings had some structure damage. It seemed that wherever a tree fell it took out a line or pole. Dam near every street had lines taken out. Winds only got to sustained 80 gusts to 100 in Gulfport. Water covered 90 in places where it always flood. On big lake water got up maybe 5 ft. Gonna be a while till we get power in channel place cove drive🚗
    Good to hear you?re doing ok. I hope you guys get power back soon, I didn?t expect to have it back tonight here and I?m sure there are way more problems that way.

vCash

Hey timber

Power still out in Gulfport around 2nd street. Most of Biloxi has power except around Edgewater, Channel Mark. Most roads are open and some one please get the idiot mhp and mdot officers away from Cowan pass road intersection. They don't have a clue on how to direct traffic

vCash
    Hey Timber just got power back around 5Pm just in time to watch this piece of shit exhibition of football. Thank heaven for the Island View sports was down yesterday cause I would've lost my ass. It's going to be awhile for most of Gulfport to get their power back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hey Timber just got power back around 5Pm just in time to watch this piece of shit exhibition of football. Thank heaven for the Island View sports was down yesterday cause I would've lost my ass. It's going to be awhile for most of Gulfport to get their power back.
    Man glad to hear you got power back on, that makes everything much better. I keep hearing about the nightmares over in Gulfport with traffic. I want to go check things out over that way but I?m staying out of the way. Still have plenty to deal with at my house. It was weird trick or treating with my daughter tonight having to walk around big piles of debris on the sidewalks. It was a nice distraction though and we had tons of kids out in the neighborhood.

vCash
    Glad you guys are okay!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Glad you guys are okay!
    Thanks/

vCash
    Hurricane Eta is at 150 mph at the 6:00 CST update, just off the coast of Guatamala/Nicaragua. It's going to do some major damage down there, and potentially could impact the US. It intensified very rapidly, but that's not the first time it's happened down there. I seem to remember one a few years ago that went from a depression to a Cat 5 virtually overnight in the same area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Hurricane Eta is at 150 mph at the 6:00 CST update, just off the coast of Guatamala/Nicaragua. It's going to do some major damage down there, and potentially could impact the US. It intensified very rapidly, but that's not the first time it's happened down there. I seem to remember one a few years ago that went from a depression to a Cat 5 virtually overnight in the same area.
    I believe that was Wilma.

And Eta is expected to curve back into the Caribbean after redecorating Nicaragua. After that all bets are off on its track. Models are all over the place. Literally, all over the place.

vCash
    I was just looking at eta info, going to enjoy Peter Anderson Festival this weekend and not think about it. After Zeta we?re heading to family in Jacktown if another one comes this way this year. That one put the fear in me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I believe that was Wilma.

And Eta is expected to curve back into the Caribbean after redecorating Nicaragua. After that all bets are off on its track. Models are all over the place. Literally, all over the place.
    I just looked it up - it was Mitch in 1998. Killed 11,000 people in Central America, and Eta could possible be almost as bad. It was a strong Cat 4 at landfall, I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Mitch

vCash
    I just looked it up - it was Mitch in 1998. Killed 11,000 people in Central America, and Eta could possible be almost as bad. It was a strong Cat 4 at landfall, I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Mitch
    That's right. It was Mitch. Now I have to go see what was making me think of Wilma.

vCash
    Hurricane Iota is now a Cat 5 with winds of 160, and is going into Nicaragua, which is just south of where the Cat 4 came ashore just a week or two ago. It's going to really be destructive, and possibly very deadly.

vCash
    Hurricane Iota is now a Cat 5 with winds of 160, and is going into Nicaragua, which is just south of where the Cat 4 came ashore just a week or two ago. It's going to really be destructive, and possibly very deadly.
    Expected to hit US?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Expected to hit US?
    No it's going to continue to the Pacific. Well this is 2020 so you never know!