Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill considering opting out

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Kylin is going to have a really complicated legacy at MSU.
    It's not complicated. I love Kylin. Love that he chose to play at MSU. He has all the talent in the world, and he has been living off of that talent for 3 years now. He shouldn't have been starting ahead of Aeris during Aeris' senior season. That is a simple fact. Kylin is explosive, but not so much from the sideline. His pad level is pretty bad for an every down back.

Like I said, I love the dude but somewhere about 2 years ago it seems like his ego started writing checks his work ethic couldn't cash. I wish him all the luck in the world, and I hope he goes to the NFL and has a 10 year career with an exciting team that wins championships. I hate that he had three head coaches during his time here, but it is what it is.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If Kylin opts out its because it?s his only option to save face. Unfortunately there isn?t much face to save... He?ll get drafted but not early. His lack of top end speed will kill him at the next level as well as durability and competitiveness. If the draft was tomorrow he?d be at best the 8th RB taken. With that position being not near as important in the nfl he could be a mid to late round guy. Teams will draft a OT early with questions but not a RB. I wish him the best and hope he makes a good life for himself because he has the god given talent to do so.
    This is exactly right. The guy simply doesn't have break away speed and feature backs in the NFL need that. He will be drafted somewhere between the sixth round and not at all. He will be invited to a team's camp and then cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not sure if he is the last of the cancers or not- but I would imagine that any that are left have gotten the message to straighten up if they want to play.

Right now we're paying for Dan's JUCO heavy recruiting with out of whack numbers in 2016-2017 and as you said Joe's discipline which destroyed Dan's culture. I've railed Hevesy and Billy Gonzalez a lot but Joe is the main problem that we have had to fix right now. Kudos to Erroll Thompson- that's what real leadership on a unit looks like. And no doubt Joe's lack of discipline was an indirect factor in Kylin leaving.

It's pretty unbelievable that we had a linebacker knock out our QB in a fist fight...and that linebacker still got to play in the Music City Bowl. What kind of message does that send? I'm a little surprised that Cohen didn't step in and tell Joe that Gay wasn't going to play. Maybe he figured he was going to fire Joe anyway and it would just add fuel to the fire. And with Kylin tapping out- with a guy like Dantzler making "business decisions" and playing when he wants- a guy like Kylin is going to see that and of course he's going to think it's OK to tap out when he wants to.
    Yes, Sir!

vCash
    Kylin showed what he could do on the field. He has plenty of tape on his abilities. I thought he had picked up a step or two this year after losing some weight and his pass catching abilities were displayed better this year.

I do think his 40 time will be important for him at the combine as will his overall strength and condition. That will let the NFL know he is physically prepared but:

Problem, he also has shown that he quit, that's not changing even if he comes back now. He will have to answer for that and it cost him some $$$$ most likely.

Will he still get his shot in the NFL? I say he will but he will have to earn it outright in camps and he won't be getting that big signing bonus of a high draft pick. That might be a good thing so long as he takes ownership of what has transpired.

Sometimes the hard way is the best way. I wish him well.

vCash
    Maybe one day he'll get to play for the Grey Cup

vCash
    Y?all talking an awful lot of crap on a very talented player that we needed to get the best out of this year to compete. Plus he led a historic for moment for the state. Shame we couldn?t have him playing at his best this year. I hope for the best for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    Y?all talking an awful lot of crap on a very talented player that we needed to get the best out of this year to compete. Plus he led a historic for moment for the state. Shame we couldn?t have him playing at his best this year. I hope for the best for him.
    Can’t compete too much with him tapping out after every touch. No one here wished ill will on the kid and everyone wanted him to break records. But it’s hard to do that when your more worried about what Twitter thinks or how he can get the next like.

Only reason he hasn’t come out and said he is opting out is cause he is wanting everyone to beg him to stay, but the decision has been made for him from what I was told today.

As others have said, don’t think the NFL isn’t watching. They are like Santa Claus... He always watching...

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up grad transferring somewhere next yr after the league tells him what they are going to. You could get a hell of a package in him and Schrader next yr if your a coach needed talent badly...

vCash
    Oh he's talented. A f'ing nut job that isn't half as talented as he thinks he is, but talented nonetheless.

vCash
    I think JoeMo being the good buddy type coach, and Leach being the disciplinarian type coach, and then all that publicity he got concerning the flag pretty much made it impossible that he was going to buy into the program and be a what 's best for the team player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Can?t compete too much with him tapping out after every touch. No one here wished ill will on the kid and everyone wanted him to break records. But it?s hard to do that when your more worried about what Twitter thinks or how he can get the next like.

Only reason he hasn?t come out and said he is opting out is cause he is wanting everyone to beg him to stay, but the decision has been made for him from what I was told today.

As others have said, don?t think the NFL isn?t watching. They are like Santa Claus... He always watching...

I honestly wouldn?t be surprised if he ended up grad transferring somewhere next yr after the league tells him what they are going to. You could get a hell of a package in him and Schrader next yr if your a coach needed talent badly...
    Yeah we are sure losing a lot of talent between Schrader and him. Sure hope it?s worth completely changing systems for Leach.

A grad transfer is the perfect move for Hill. Hasn?t shown enough in college yet to go high in the draft. If he finds the right system and right coach, he sure could take off. Just wish it was here.

vCash
    In defense of the player, he was recruited by Mullen, played for Moorehead and is now on his third Coach.

Change management and performance relationships are complicated, hard to build relationships under any circumstance. 10x more complex with Zooms and Phone Calls.

In business you see guys that were Right-Hand men to a particular CEO and work for a company for 25 years but can't make a transition to a new CEO. It happens for complex human reasons. Could be the new CEO complements a rival or re-sets all the relationships and the Right-Hand man does not want to start again from scratch. Dudes that make $7M per year can freak out and quit just like a night-shift supervisor making $70K.

Also, its obvious that the Leach offense is a QB offense. So, already a star RB might feel like cannon fodder or like he has to prove himself again.

The flag and the previous contribution affirm KH as a good guy. This stuff happens.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 10-23-2020 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Yep
    Very true, but if He and his Ego wants to roll out .... then See Ya! Leach has to build this team (God Willing). Kylin wants to look forward, then we have to do the same. I hate it, but we have to go with folks that want to be here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PKADogs55 View Post
    Very true, but if He and his Ego wants to roll out .... then See Ya! Leach has to build this team (God Willing). Kylin wants to look forward, then we have to do the same. I hate it, but we have to go with folks that want to be here.
    I agree 100%. I'm all about team. However, I'm against fans bashing a player. And to make it worse he hasn't even officially been kicked off or quit! It's foolishness to me. Most of these same fans are praising Shrader and well wishes and he quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Most of these same fans are praising Shrader and well wishes and he quit.
    Do you have a ledger that youre keeping to know which fans are saying what?*

Shrader is transfering out because he isn't going to get playing time at State. Hill could be playing every down but chooses not to do the things asked of him. Big big difference.

vCash
    In my opinion he got way more attention for the flag thing than he deserved. That train was rolling full speed ahead with or without his tweet. MSU had already been fully behind a change long before the events That led to the issue being back in the spotlight.

Basically I don’t think anybody changed their mind in the issue because of his tweet and he never had to come close to actually backing up his words as he didn’t miss so much as a practice.

I’m glad he came out and supported to change but there were a lot of people that acted like sending a tweet was an act of heroism.

In the end if it’s truly over I’m sad to see it end like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Shrader is transfering out because he isn't going to get playing time at State. Hill could be playing every down but chooses not to do the things asked of him. Big big difference.
    This is hilarious. Last year when KT entered the portal, there was a whole thread calling him a "bitch quitter." Maybe it wasn't you, but the reaction is different across the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    This is hilarious. Last year when KT entered the portal, there was a whole thread calling him a "bitch quitter." Maybe it wasn't you, but the reaction is different across the board.
    You serious clark? There's always an idiot or two, but the vast majority of people wished KT well. And the first time he entered the portal (or talked about it? can't remember if he did or not), he did it as the number two QB behind a Senior. Doing that right before the season is a little different than a guy who is maybe 3rd string QB, maybe 4th string QB, or third or fourth string WR doing it.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 10-23-2020 at 08:46 AM.

vCash
    He can "opt out" all he likes but there's not a NFL team in the league that doesn't see thru that b.s. And you damn well know if they ask CML (and they will), he'll tell them the truth. He's essentially quitting. Tells me all I need to know about the kid.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

He quit. Playing time isn't guaranteed anywhere.