Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill considering opting out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Kylin is going to have a really complicated legacy at MSU.
    Oh yes. From a talent stand point I think he?s one of our most gifted backs ever. And he did have a very productive 2019. But between how he and Aeris were used in 2018 and whatever the heck his 2020 has been, yeah there is a lot to unpack with him.

I do feel bad that he had to deal with three different coaching staffs in four years. But there are other things within his control that he has handled maybe not so great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Oh yes. From a talent stand point I think he?s one of our most gifted backs ever. And he did have a very productive 2019. But between how he and Aeris were used in 2018 and whatever the heck his 2020 has been, yeah there is a lot to unpack with him.

I do feel bad that he had to deal with three different coaching staffs in four years. But there are other things within his control that he has handled maybe not so great.
    These are my thoughts exactly. This is why, Shotgun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    According to Rosebowl
    Opted out or Tapped out?

vCash
    Did he tap his helmet when he opted out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Did he tap his helmet when he opted out?
    I believe Leach tapped it for him...

vCash
    Regardless of Hill's opt out being optional or not, I think we'll see more players across the college landscape opt out as the season progresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What's complicated about it?

I don't see it as complicated at all
    I agree. If he does opt out at this point, he'll hardly be remembered in a few years. I don't think anyone will ever discuss his legacy at State.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    He kind of already opted out since the LSU game.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    These are my thoughts exactly. This is why, Shotgun.
    Aeris should have started Joe's first year.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    He has lost the fan base and seemingly the coaching staff as well... everyone is over his antics.

vCash
    No need to pile on him especially as grown men. He's still a kid at the end of the day and he did put in a lot of work for MSU over the years. Hope he learns from his experiences and goes on to be successful.

vCash
    A first round draft pick ?opts out?. kylin is being a loser and quitting. Let?s call it what it is please.

vCash
    Kylin was a mid-round draft pick at best- thats why he returned. Leach finally had enough. I support this move in year 1. Set the tone and people will get in line or eliminate themselves.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If Kylin opts out its because it’s his only option to save face. Unfortunately there isn’t much face to save... He’ll get drafted but not early. His lack of top end speed will kill him at the next level as well as durability and competitiveness. If the draft was tomorrow he’d be at best the 8th RB taken. With that position being not near as important in the nfl he could be a mid to late round guy. Teams will draft a OT early with questions but not a RB. I wish him the best and hope he makes a good life for himself because he has the god given talent to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    This is going to sound bad but they should forget all the drama and just play freaking football. I am tired of all the bull shit from guys on the football team. Just play football. They are treated like kings. They get all the perks and recognition and they are getting to do what most guys only dream to do and to top it off guys like him have the talent to play in the NFL.
    All the protesting and telling these players they have a platform that everyone cares about BS is going to cost some of these kids their future. Hill was given a great opportunity and he has blown it or about to. Reminds me of Donte Walker ending.

vCash
    On one hand I feel bad because I think if Moorhead had nipped his BS in the bud he would have been better off as a player. Same with Willie Gay. I also think I saw where Kylin had someone pass away that helped keep him grounded a couple of years ago.

That said- he should know how to act and if the rumors about him going off on his teammates and Leach are true he can hit the road. I'm tired of watching entitled college football player like Kylin, Gay, Dantzler, Lovett, and Jarrian Jones play for MSU. That primadonna attitude is not what we are about at MSU. And they can go somewhere else to act like that. Respect my opinion.**

vCash
    Some of you fans suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Some of you fans suck.
    We'll have to disagree on this one. Quitting over and over and hoping to be begged back plays out after awhile. Pirate did what should have been done to Kylin in 2018 and maybe he would have matured by now.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Much better.

I have watched some Auburn games. They have a back named Tank who is even more untackelable than JRob. Every time I see him run I miss JRob.
    Yep. Said this 2 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Aeris should have started Joe's first year.
    Yep ... cost us at least 3 games.