Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Alabama made the SEC Boring?

vCash

Has Alabama made the SEC Boring?

Folks, this is terrible TV and there is little intrigue each year about who will win the SEC title.

That's what happens in any system where the best team gets all the best young players. It's what happened in Major League Baseball for the Yankees before the draft was instituted in the 1960s.

This system is terrible and discourages the growth of college football. Again, Alabama playing a regular season game is awful TV while the rest of us are stuck having to choose between sucking or cheating.

vCash
    Yes. I'm watching this game with some big UT fanatics. They are like....."meh, I expected this."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yes. I'm watching this game with some big UT fanatics. They are like....."meh, I expected this."
    When the talent levels between Alabama and everyone else is so different, it's a terrible product.

Ask yourself what you love about college football.

I love the pageantry, stadiums, noise, passion, rivalries, & playing for the pride of a state and university, but I don't really like the game itself and the competition.

The potential of college football is so much greater than what we are currently seeing. The system alienates 90% of the fans. What business would want to do that?

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep they Have!! BUCK FAMA!!

vCash
    Anyone notice holcombe get the PF on punt coverage?

Think how much different our roster looks if holcombe, r. Davis, and lashley on it. They'd be difference makers here and subs at best there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonwhitedawg3ddd View Post
    Yep they Have!! BUCK FAMA!!
    It's not Bama's fault. They are just doing what good business do and attempting to monopolize their business. The problem is the structure of the game and how players end up at certain schools.

All I know is the same team beating the shit out of every other team every single year kinda of sucks to watch. It limits the growth of the sport

vCash
    Sec is getting boring some. Bama never faces anyone that can maybe beat them until playoff.

vCash
    Tennessee seems to be waking up a little now. Of course, as explosive as Alabama is you can never tell what they'll do, but right now Tenn is motivated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Tennessee seems to be waking up a little now. Of course, as explosive as Alabama is you can never tell what they'll do, but right now Tenn is motivated.
    And ... Alabama explodes.

vCash
    Here's the solution. Change rules where Saban can't recruit dual-threat QBs or LBs under 260 lbs.

vCash
    Saban won't be there forever and they'll go through a little bit of a transition period just like they did following Bear. I just hope we're not completely shitastic by that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Here's the solution. Change rules where Saban can't recruit dual-threat QBs or LBs under 260 lbs.
    Cut scholarship total to 65 with 20 per year limit.

If you really want parity do above and make all scholarships 4 year contracts... no processing

As a baseball fan, id love to do this and give baseball scholarships to work with
    Last edited by msstate7; 10-15-2016 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    My post isn't about this one game. It's about how they are playing with completely different players on the field and on their bench than everyone else.

Recruiting rankings have made this more noticeable, whereas in the 1960s and 80s, everyone just assumed just Alabama assumed Bama had better coaching.

vCash
    That's a pretty good solution

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cut scholarship total to 65 with 20 per year limit.

If you really want parity do above and make all scholarships 4 year contracts... no processing
    That right there might work too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Saban won't be there forever and they'll go through a little bit of a transition period just like they did following Bear. I just hope we're not completely shitastic by that time.
    And then they'll hire another good coach and be unbeatable again. It's a terrible system if the only way Bama can be bad is with incompetence.

Sports should rewards programs and teams that are smarter, better coached, and better run. College football doesn't do that.

College baseball does kind of work that way because of the draft and limited scholarships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    And then they'll hire another good coach and be unbeatable again. It's a terrible system if the only way Bama can be bad is with incompetence.

Sports should rewards programs and teams that are smarter, better coached, and better run. College football doesn't do that.

College baseball does kind of work that way because of the draft and limited scholarships.
    All dynasties end... if only for extended periods of time. Who would've thought Miami would fall off the map or USC when Carroll was there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

The first guy following Saban won't be the next legend. You never wanna be the guy that follows the guy. They'll still be good but they'll go through a little transition period. But I think Ohio state beats them for the championship this year. The SEC isn't that good this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Sec is getting boring some. Bama never faces anyone that can maybe beat them until playoff.
    True. Shame I have to pull for a northern team in the bowls because I'm so tired of bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    All dynasties end... if only for extended periods of time. Who would've thought Miami would fall off the map or USC when Carroll was there?
    Miami was cheating and USC will be a dynasty again once they get the right coach. The system is awful right now and limits the sport.