Thread: Mike Leach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Welcome to the board / glad to have you!
    I too have been following Leach since his TT days - I didn't doubt him at all early on but these last few games have me wondering.
    My guess is you’ve only ever watched Leach with the right QB. Rogers is that.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    My guess is you?ve only ever watched Leach with the right QB. Rogers is that.
    Most of my neighbors are Tech fans - I've been watching Leach since he left Kentucky. Always been a big fan and liked the idea of us hiring him. I've watched him much more than you and with good and bad qbs. Where I might have overestimated him is assuming he would quickly make adjustments to account for speed and size of SEC defensive fronts. That has not happened and really surprises me.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Most of my neighbors are Tech fans - I've been watching Leach since he left Kentucky. Always been a big fan and liked the idea of us hiring him. I've watched him much more than you and with good and bad qbs. Where I might have overestimated him is assuming he would quickly make adjustments to account for speed and size of SEC defensive fronts. That has not happened and really surprises me.
    He has a career record of 7-3 against A&M. Do you really think he has not seen fronts as big and fast as Kentucky and Arkansas? I don't understand the thought process of some of you guys. It really isn't the "big bad SEC defenses".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He has a career record of 7-3 against A&M. Do you really think he has not seen fronts as big and fast as Kentucky and Arkansas? I don't understand the thought process of some of you guys. It really isn't the "big bad SEC defenses".
    His career record against A&M was in the big 12 days. They did not have the speed/size combination up front that they have today. And I'm not talking about big bad SEC defenses. I'm talking about him putting our young OTs on an island with guys who will be playing on Sundays soon and giving them no reason to do anything but pass rush.
    You can act like we are stupid all you want, but 4 games in and we look horrid up front. We look worse up front now than we did under Joe. So he does have some adjustments to make.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 10-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    My guess is you?ve only ever watched Leach with the right QB. Rogers is that.
    Can we hold off just a little bit on anointing him the next Joe Montana? *****

ETA: Personally I think Leach sucks and needs to scrap his entire offense to get back to what we do which is ... RTGDF. Those teams at WSU & TT were flukes *****